St. Andrew's School, DE
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 306 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $62,280
- Acceptance rate: 26%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
St. Andrew's School, DE ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 298 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
Matthew E. Wolinski
AP / Advanced Courses
Ad Astra- astronomy club, Asian Affinity Group, Beekeeper's Club, Casa Latina, Coding Club, Community Service Organization, Crepes and Conversation, Environmental Stewards, Essence, Girls Collaborative, Guys Group, Humans of St. Andrew's, Mentoring- community service, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Multicultural Affinity Group, Onyx, Organic Gardening, Outing Club, Playwriting Club, Poetry Club, Robotics, Sapphire, SAS Book Club, Senior Center- community service, South Asian Affinity Group, St. Andrew's Medical Society, Student Council, Student Vestry, SWAG (student weekend activity group), The Andrean- literary magazine, The Cardinal- school newspaper, The Griffin- yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Andrean Ensemble (Choral Music), Jazz Ensemble, Musical Theater Showcase, Noxontones- Acapella Group, Orchestra, St. Andrew's Dance Company
Recreational Athletic Programs:
St. Andrew's Indoor Soccer League (SAISL)
- As a school founded in 1929 with an extraordinary commitment to financial aid, St. Andrew's believes that academic and human excellence emerge through the collaboration, communication, and shared experiences of a socioeconomically diverse community. The school's culture, abiding spirit, and ambition reflect our study of the nation's best small colleges-institutions that are committed to all-residential education and dynamic collaboration between students and teachers.
- St. Andrew's faculty have the expertise, creativity, and qualifications to teach at any level, but they choose to honor the art of teaching, mentoring, and coaching as the foundation of our school. In our residential community, they work alongside students to create a counter-cultural private school, one dedicated to character, leadership, and an ambitious public good.
- The energy, momentum, and grace of the school emerge as students learn that together, anything and everything is possible at St. Andrew's. We not only imagine, but actually enact what a 21st century boarding school becomes if students take responsibility for a culture of kindness; a spirit of collaboration, respect, and honor; and a collective commitment to excellence.
- In this age of data and analytics, schools and educators are often asked: What is the "value added" of your school? What are the data sets that prove academic excellence? Our response to this desire to measure the work of great students and teachers is to focus on making our pursuit of that work-academic, artistic, athletic, or otherwise-deep, joyful, authentic, and engaged in the life of our democracy. Come see the exhibition of excellence that is St. Andrew's.
- Explore more about St. Andrew's here:We BelieveThis Is St. Andrew's AthleticsThe Arts at St. Andrew's
- St. Andrew's School, DE accreditations: Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Ed Strong - Broadway producer
- Dennis Blair - Former Director of National Intelligence and former United States Navy four-star admiral
- Michael Whalen - Winner of 2 Emmy Awards, composer of over 650 television and film scores
- Bulent Atalay - Physicist and author
- Erin Burnett - News anchor for CNBC
- Hume Horan - American diplomat and ambassador to five countries
- Loundon Wainwright III - American songwriter, folk singer, humorist, and actor
- Kirk Varnedoe - American art historian and writer
- Dominic Seiterle - Canadian rower, Olympic gold medalist
- Maggie Rogers - American musician, singer-songwriter, and producer
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Andrew's School, DE cost?
St. Andrew's School, DE's tuition is approximately $62,280 for boarding students.
What schools are St. Andrew's School, DE often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of St. Andrew's School, DE?
The acceptance rate of St. Andrew's School, DE is 26%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from St. Andrew's School, DE?
St. Andrew's School, DE famous alumni include: Ed Strong, Dennis Blair, Michael Whalen, Bulent Atalay, Erin Burnett, Hume Horan, Loundon Wainwright III, Kirk Varnedoe, Dominic Seiterle and Maggie Rogers.
What sports does St. Andrew's School, DE offer?
St. Andrew's School, DE offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling.
What is St. Andrew's School, DE's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Andrew's School, DE?
The application deadline for St. Andrew's School, DE is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2018
Class of 2015
Class of 2012
Johns Hopkins University