St. George's School
St. George's School Photo #2 - Our students are able to sail for up to five weeks onboard our 70-foot cutter, Geronimo. Crews sail up and down the East Coast and in the Bahamas while continuing their academic program.
St. George's School Photo #3 - Our students are inspired - not just by the extraordinary beauty of our location - but by the talents and energy of their teachers, classmates, and community.
St. George's School Photo #4 - Traditions play a large part in the student experience at St. George's. Friday Night Lights games, when our teams play under the lights in front of the entire school, is a fan favorite.
St. George's School Photo #5 - St. George's students are fortunate to be just steps away from Second Beach.
St. George's School Photo #6 - Exposure to new ideas and experiences through St. George`s Global Studies Seminar, our Global Cultural Initiatives Program (GCIP) exchanges and study abroad opportunities help our students grow into independent thinkers with an appreciation and respect for diverse cultures throughout the world.
St. George's School Photo #7 - Theater is offered as an afternoon activity at St. George's. Students of all experience levels participate in a variety of productions throughout the school year.
- St. George's School provides a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, high standards, and dynamic classroom discussion within a diverse and friendly community.
- We believe in the virtue of small classes and in the benefits of active dialogue and debate.
- Most of all, at St. George's School, our community will get to know you and we will support you through challenges and celebrate your triumphs. Your dreams. Our mission.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Colby College You could not ask for a more beautiful location--atop of a hill overlooking a beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Some of my fondest memories came from playing baseball on a sunny afternoon and just. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|St. George's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||125 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||370 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1250||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1165 - 1360||-|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$145 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$39,850||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||72%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Ryan P. Mulhern|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||37||23|
|Extracurriculars||A Capella, AASA: Asian American Students Association, Activities Programming Board, AIMS: Association in the Interest of a Multicultural School, American Indian Students Association, Ecology Club, Entertainment Committee, Feed-a-Friend, French Club, Handbell Choir, Lance (yearbook), Library Association, Math Team, Music Guild, NADA, Orchestra, Peer Tutors, Poetry Club, Red and White (student paper), Red Key (student tour guides), School Prefects, Special Populations Skate, Special Populations Swim, Stage Crew, Step Squad, Student Council, Students Helping Students, Swing Dance Club, Teach Wallingford-Tutoring, Tech Crew, The Lit (literary publication), The Right Side (newsletter), Theater Club, Whimawehs (female a cappella), WISE, WWEB-FM Radio Station, Young Republicans|
|Year: 2011 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Wake Forest University||11|
|New York University||7|
|University of Pennsylvania||6|
- St. George's School provides a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, high standards, and dynamic classroom discussion within a diverse and friendly community. We believe in the virtue of small classes and in the benefits of active dialogue and debate.
- Most of all, at St. George's School, our community will get to know you and we will support you through challenges and celebrate your triumphs.
- Your dreams. Our mission.
- St. George's School accreditations: The Association of Boarding Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Howard Dean - Class of 1966 - Former Vermont Governor & DNC Chairman
- Prescott Bush - Class of 1912 - U.S. Senator from Connecticut
- Claiborne Pell - Class of 1936 - U.S. Senator from Rhode Island
- Tucker Carlson - Class of 1987 - Fox News talk show host
- William Vanderbilt - Class of 1919 - Governor of Rhode Island
- Julie Bowen - Class of 1987 - Actress - "Modern Family"
- Anthony Mason - Class of 1974 - CBS News senior correspondent
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for St. George's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn about the benefits of attending a Quaker boarding school.
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.