St. George's School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 385 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $69,650
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $48,375
- Acceptance rate: 14%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
AASA: Asian American Students Association, Entertainment Committee, Feed-a-Friend, French Club, Lance (yearbook), Latinos Unidos, Peer Tutors, Red and White (student paper), Red Key (student tour guides), School Prefects, Student Council, Sustainability Club, Women in Leadership
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Handbell Choir, Stage Crew
- St. George`s School is a nurturing and collaborative community where students of all backgrounds champion and support each other. Here on the Hilltop, we teach our students the value of learning and achievement, service to others and respect for the individual. We believe that these goals can best be accomplished by exposing students to a wide range of ideas and choices in the context of a rigorous curriculum and an inclusive residential community. Our proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and historic downtown Newport enable students to connect to the world beyond our campus.
- St. George's School accreditations: The Association of Boarding Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Howard Dean - Class of 1966 - Former Vermont Governor & DNC Chairman
- Sylvester Monroe - Class of 1969 - Journalist, formerly at Newsweek, Time, and Ebony magazines
- Claiborne Pell - Class of 1936 - U.S. Senator from Rhode Island
- Diane Nelson - Class of 1985, president of DC Entertainment from 2009 to 2018, and president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment from 2013 to 2018
- William Vanderbilt - Class of 1919 - Governor of Rhode Island
- Julie Bowen - Class of 1987 - Actress - "Modern Family"
- Anthony Mason - Class of 1974 - CBS News senior correspondent
- Chrissy Houlahan - Class of 1985, U.S. Rep. from Pennsylvania Sixth District
- Kimberly Drew - Class of 2008, American art curator and writer. She is best known as the former social media manager for the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Ogden Nash - Class of 1920, poet
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. George's School cost?
St. George's School's tuition is approximately $69,650 for boarding students and $48,375 for day students.
What schools are St. George's School often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of St. George's School?
The acceptance rate of St. George's School is 14%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. St. George's School's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from St. George's School?
St. George's School famous alumni include: Howard Dean, Sylvester Monroe, Claiborne Pell, Diane Nelson, William Vanderbilt, Julie Bowen, Anthony Mason, Chrissy Houlahan, Kimberly Drew and Ogden Nash.
What sports does St. George's School offer?
St. George's School offers 20 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Squash, Surf Team, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. George's School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. George's School?
The application deadline for St. George's School is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2006