Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Schools with 400+ Students", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2020).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Milton Academy Photo - The typical class size at Milton is 14 students. Classes meet around the Harkness table, where students and faculty share dialogue, inquiry and reflection.
Phillips Exeter Academy Photo - Exeter`s campus is surrounded by fields, forests and a quaint New England town with shops and cafes. We are a 50-minute train ride from Boston and the Atlantic coast is just 10 miles away.
The Governor's Academy (formerly Governor Dummer Academy) Photo - Building Character: The courage to try something is as respected as the ability to win.
Hill School Photo - The Hill School sets a high standard for students in their dress and appearance to express pride in themselves and their respect for one another. Academic Dress is worn throughout the academic day whenever students are in an academic or public area, chapel services, sit-down meals, required evening performance, or any other designated occasion.
The Northwest School Photo - We believe that students who have been truly engaged by a community of scholars, artists, and international peers will graduate with an insatiable love of learning, a respect for diverse opinions and beliefs, the knowledge to navigate critical and complex ideas.
San Domenico School Photo - The San Domenico Dance department offers an in depth training program in ballet, modern dance, jazz and choreography with professional master teachers and choreographers. The four-year program offers opportunities to explore dance from the beginning to the advanced level. Courses may include homework such as, journaling, book reports, field trips, performance critiques, resumes, biographies, grant proposals and choreography.
The Taft School Photo - More than a century has passed since Mr. Taft founded our school. While the world and the school have changed dramatically, his fundamental values endure: work hard, without regard for public acclaim; develop all your talents: academic, artistic, and athletic; and most importantly, give of yourself to others.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo - Sem offers an exciting range and long list of clubs, activities and leadership opportunities. Often student-initiated, these groups provide experiences not found in the classroom or on the playing fields.
Berkshire School Photo - Founded in 1907, Berkshire is a co-ed boarding and day school for grades 9-12 & PG. Advanced Math/ScienceResearch, Advanced Humanities Research, Sabin Entrepreneurial Prize, a range of arts offerings, and championship athletics on a stunning 400-acre campus in the Berkshires.
Kent School Photo - Our campus is located along the shores of the Housatonic River, adjacent to the town of Kent.
The Linsly School Photo - The Linsly School promotes academic excellence, inspires lifelong learning, develops future leaders, and emphasizes character development.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2020)
Among Schools with 400+ Students (out of 32 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
- 6.-14.Rank: #6-1475%-85%
1 Elm Street
Byfield, MA 01922
- 6.-14.Rank: #6-1475%-85%
Grades: 9-12 | 6-12 (day)
1415 Summit Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
- 6.-14.Rank: #6-1475%-85%
Grades: 9-12 | K-12 (day)
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
- 15.-25.Rank: #15-2565%-75%
Grades: 7-12 | 5-12 (day)
60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
- 26.-32.Rank: #26-32<65%
Grades: 9-12, PG | Pre-K-12, PG (day)
7400 San Jose Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Top School Listings by Category (2020)
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.