Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Schools with 400+ Students", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2019-20).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Suffield Academy Photo - The Bell on Suffield's Bell Hill is a central school symbol. All students ring it after receiving their Suffield diplomas at Commencement, and victorious athletic teams ring it throughout the year.
Avon Old Farms School Photo - Our 860 acre campus is comprised of breathtaking panoramic vistas; rustic hiking trails; a serene pond for swimming and fishing; and abundant seasonal foliage.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo - Sem offers an exciting range and long list of clubs, activities and leadership opportunities. Often student-initiated, these groups provide experiences not found in the classroom or on the playing fields.
Stevenson School Photo - Outdoor Education: Afternoon surfing, day hikes, weekend camping trips, and an 11-day wilderness trek introduce students to the wilderness environment while emphasizing the development of a positive attitude toward challenging situations.
Northfield Mount Hermon Photo - NMH is a coed boarding school serving 650 students in grades 9-12. We also offer a postgraduate year. Our wooded campus borders the Connecticut River in western Massachusetts, and in this beautiful setting, we challenge young people to think hard, work hard, discover new talents, and hone the ones they already possess.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
The Taft School Photo - More than a century has passed since Mr. Taft founded our school. While the world and the school have changed dramatically, his fundamental values endure: work hard, without regard for public acclaim; develop all your talents: academic, artistic, and athletic; and most importantly, give of yourself to others.
The Linsly School Photo - The Linsly School promotes academic excellence, inspires lifelong learning, develops future leaders, and emphasizes character development.
The Northwest School Photo - We believe that students who have been truly engaged by a community of scholars, artists, and international peers will graduate with an insatiable love of learning, a respect for diverse opinions and beliefs, the knowledge to navigate critical and complex ideas.
Choate Rosemary Hall Photo - Choate has adopted a one-to-one iPad program. We have taken the iPad, a transformative device in our students' personal lives and made it a powerful ally in our academic work and in the classroom.
Phillips Exeter Academy Photo - Exeter`s campus is surrounded by fields, forests and a quaint New England town with shops and cafes. We are a 50-minute train ride from Boston and the Atlantic coast is just 10 miles away.
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Centennial Flame honoring all NMMI alumnae past and present burns brightly to underscore the Institute motto: Duty, Honor, Achievement.
The Williston Northampton School Photo - Williston promises an academic culture that respects your ability to think for yourself and gives you the right balance of structure and freedom to make the most of it. You'll be immersed in a challenging curriculum that cultivates active, lifelong learning. And with an average class size of 13 students, your teachers are truly going to know you.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2019-20)
Among Schools with 400+ Students (out of 33 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
- 6.-14.Rank: #6-1475%-85%
1 Elm Street
Byfield, MA 01922
- 6.-14.Rank: #6-1475%-85%
Grades: 9-12 | 6-12 (day)
1415 Summit Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
- 6.-14.Rank: #6-1475%-85%
Grades: 9-12 | K-12 (day)
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
- 15.-25.Rank: #15-2565%-75%
Grades: 7-12 | 5-12 (day)
60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
- 26.-33.Rank: #26-33<65%
Grades: 9-12, PG | Pre-K-12, PG (day)
7400 San Jose Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Top School Listings by Category (2019-20)
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme offers a rigorous, disciplined approach to college preparation studies. We answer common questions about the IB.