The Bolles School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 1,751 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $60,790
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $29,770
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 27 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Boys are not required to wear blazers.
(Includes room, meals and tuition.)
(Tuition for Upper School Day students.)
AP / Advanced Courses
American Sign Language, Angels for Allison, Animal Advocacy, Arabic Club, Art Club, Asian Inspiration Multiplied (A.I.M.), B.L.U.E. Service Club, Black Student Union, Bolles Buddies, Bolles Future Business Leaders, Bolles Investment Club, Bolles Premedical Society, Bolles Supporting First Responders, Building Leaders Today and Tomorrow (BLT2), Caitlin's Closet, Camp I Am Special, Care for Kids, Characters for Care, Chinese Club, CISV, Community of Connections, Computer Science Club, D.E.S.C. Club (Downtown Ecumenical Service Council), DIPG Ellie, Dreams Come True, Fight Against Hunger, French Club, Future Business Leaders of America, Gay Straight Alliance, Hispanic Student Union, Hope Across Oceans, Hope for All, India Club, International Community Soccer Alliance, International Student Union, Japanese Club, JaxTHRIVE, Jewish Student Union, Joy for Jax, Kids for Kids (formerly Wolfson Children's Hospital), Latin Club, Mind Over Matter, Mission: MOSH, Nanny's Nation, Operation Smile, PedsCare Club, Refugee Relief Services, Run Life, Sanctuary on 8th Street, Senior Women, Soles 4 Souls, Spread the Love with Band Club, Students for Students, Surfrider Club, V.E.T.S. (Veterans Encouraging Teen Success), Video Production Club, Young Life, Youth Against Alzheimer's
- The Bolles School, established in 1933, is a coeducational, college-preparatory school focusing on general academics for day students in grades PreK through 12 and resident students in grades 9 through 12. The school consists of the Upper School San Jose Campus (grades 9 through 12), Middle School Bartram Campus (grades 6 through 8), and two lower schools, Whitehurst Campus (Pre-K through Grade 5), and Ponte Vedra Beach Campus (Pre K through Grade 5).
- The Bolles School offers a comprehensive college preparatory program. Bolles prepares students for the future by providing them with challenges that promote growth and development in academics, arts, activities and athletics. Moral development is encouraged by an emphasis on respect for self and others, volunteerism, and personal responsibility.
- A not-for-profit institution, The Bolles School is governed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees. The School also works with a 30-member Board of Visitors and an Alumni Board, representing more than 6,500 living graduates.
- The Bolles School accreditations: SACS FCIS NAIS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Caroline Barlow '07 - 2010 Rhodes Scholar and US Naval Academy Brigade Commander
- Joseph Kittinger '46 - US Air Force pilot, performed highest and fastest skydive over 100,000 feet as key member of Project Excelsior
- Ryan Murphy '13 - 6-time Olympic gold medal swimmer
- Travis Tygart '89 - CEO, United States Anti-Doping Agency
- Chipper Jones '90 - 7-time Major League Baseball All-Star with the Atlanta Braves, 1999 MVP, 1995 World Champion
- Jackie Crosby '79 - 1985 Pulitzer Prize Winner in Journalism
- Kevin Sack '77 - 2003 Pulitzer Prize Winner in Journalism
- George Scribner '70 - Artist, Director and Imagineer with Disney
- Anthony Nesty '87 - First Black Male Swimmer to Win Olympic Gold Medal
- Dee Brown ’86 - former NBA basketball player with the Boston Celtics and Toronto Raptors, 1991 NBA Slam Dunk Champion, WNBA head coach of the Orlando Miracle and San Antonio Silver Stars
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Bolles School cost?
The Bolles School's tuition is approximately $60,790 for boarding students and $29,770 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Bolles School?
The acceptance rate of The Bolles School is 50%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from The Bolles School?
The Bolles School famous alumni include: Caroline Barlow '07, Joseph Kittinger '46, Ryan Murphy '13, Travis Tygart '89, Chipper Jones '90, Jackie Crosby '79, Kevin Sack '77, George Scribner '70, Anthony Nesty '87 and Dee Brown ’86.
What sports does The Bolles School offer?
The Bolles School offers 18 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Does The Bolles School offer a summer program?
Yes, The Bolles School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is The Bolles School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Bolles School?
The application deadline for The Bolles School is Jan. 27 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 27 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).