Saint Andrew's School
- Saint Andrew's School, situated on an 81-acre campus five miles from the Atlantic Ocean, offers a traditional college-preparatory boarding school experience in South Florida.
- The curriculum includes 46 Honors level courses, 24 Advanced Placement (AP)offerings, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
- In 2011, Saint Andrew`s School was awarded World Membership Status of the Round Square International Organization a group dedicated to promoting personal development, responsibility, environmental stewardship, and international understanding among students at member schools around the world.
- Recent campus improvements include a center for the performing arts, science center, athletic complex, dance studio, track, and rock climbing wall.
- Eighteen varsity-level sports, and recent state championships in soccer, tennis, swimming, golf, water polo, and lacrosse highlight the athletic program.
- Saint Andrew's offers a family-like community that promotes student development in mind, body, and spirit.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Swarthmore College St. Andrew's has a unique community atmosphere. Unlike other high-caliber high schools, students are not competitive with one another and look to each other for assistance and guidance; this includes interactions between seniors and freshman. . .
- Vanderbilt University Saint Andrew's school is not just a stellar institution and a supportive facility of faculty and friendship. It is a home. I lived there for four years in the boarding program where I. . .
- UNC-Chapel Hill There are so many wonderful characteristics of Saint Andrew's that I don't know where to begin. One of the strongest points that can be made about the school is the influence of the Honor. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Saint Andrew's||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||81 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||596 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1215||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1080 - 1350||-|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||27||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$17 million||$20 million|
(1000 matriculation fee)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$22,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||55%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Peter Kravchuk|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Lesley Fisher|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
A Capella, Community Service Club, Cum Laude, Fellowship of Christians at Universities and Schools (FOCUS), Green Club (Evironmental Group), Living Campus, Model UN Club, Private Music Lessons, Prom Committee, Radio Club, Spanish National Honor Society, The Publicity Club, The Symposium (Debate Team publication), Theater Services, Tibetan Society
|Year: 2001 - 2005||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Florida||61|
|Florida State University||24|
|George Washington University||20|
|University of Miami||19|
|New York University||14|
|University of Pennsylvania||9|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- A great education celebrates each child, embraces the support of family, delivers outstanding programs, and fosters meaningful relationships between students and teachers.
- To achieve that ideal, a school begins with a solid and well-articulated mission. At Saint Andrew's School, the mission is to develop every child in mind, body and spirit.The school has developed one of the top college preparatory curriculum offerings in South Florida, which includes Honors, Advanced Placement (AP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses.
- The school`s philosophy is that children need a balanced approach to education with arts, athletics, extra-curricular offerings, and experiences that build strong character.
- The school is part of a global network of 180 schools in 40 countries on 5 continents that recognizes the responsibility of shaping the way the next generation of leaders understand, prepare for and respond to the world.
- For over five decades, Saint Andrew`s School has been providing an outstanding education for day and boarding students from around the globe.
- Saint Andrew's School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Submit Review for Saint Andrew's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 281.6 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.