Saint Andrew's School
Attending boarding school at Saint Andrew`s is a transformative experience for students in grades 9 - 12. Resident Life fosters a sense of community, collaboration, and personal responsibility.
Our boarders live on a vibrant 81-acre campus, where learning and personal growth are a top priority, and friendships last a lifetime. We offer a unique student-faculty family program, where new resident students are matched up with a "Faculty Mom" and/or "Faculty Dad" and "Residential Brothers and Sisters.".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Swarthmore College St. Andrew's has a unique community atmosphere. Unlike other high-caliber high schools, students are not competitive with one another and look to each other for assistance and guidance; this includes interactions between seniors and freshman. . .
- Vanderbilt University Saint Andrew's school is not just a stellar institution and a supportive facility of faculty and friendship. It is a home. I lived there for four years in the boarding program where I. . .
- UNC-Chapel Hill There are so many wonderful characteristics of Saint Andrew's that I don't know where to begin. One of the strongest points that can be made about the school is the influence of the Honor. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Saint Andrew's||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||81 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||625 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1220||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1080 - 1350||-|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||28||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$20 million||$23 million|
($1,000 matriculation fee. Includes meals/laptop)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$21,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||56%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Peter Kravchuk|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Lesley Fisher|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Cum Laude Society, Fair Trade Club, Model Congress, Model United Nations, Mu Alpha Theta, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, Robotics Team, Round Square, Science National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, Student Ambassadors, Student Council
|Year: 2001 - 2005||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Florida||61|
|Florida State University||24|
|George Washington University||20|
|University of Miami||19|
|New York University||14|
|University of Pennsylvania||9|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Attending boarding school at Saint Andrew`s is a transformative experience for students in grades 9 - 12. Resident Life fosters a sense of community, collaboration, and personal responsibility. Our boarders live on a vibrant 81-acre campus, where learning and personal growth are a top priority, and friendships last a lifetime. We offer a unique student-faculty family program, where new resident students are matched up with a "Faculty Mom" and/or "Faculty Dad" and "Residential Brothers and Sisters."
- Our academic curriculum includes 46 Honors level courses, 24 Advanced Placement (AP)offerings, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
- At Saint Andrew's School, we are proud to offer 19 different sports and 65 different teams between our High School and Middle School including swimming, tennis, and soccer.
- We are quite proud that 86% of the senior class was admitted to a U.S. college ranked as"Most Competitive" or "Highly Competitive" in the 2019 Barron`s Guide to Colleges. Over 70 students reported earning more than $10 million in merit-based scholarships from different colleges and universities.
- Saint Andrew's School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Morgan Pressel - LPGA Tour member
- Vincent Spadea - Former professional tennis player
- Corina Maorairu - Former professional tennis player
- Tinsley Ellis - Blues artist
- Kevin Steele - District Attorney, Pennsylvania
- Submit Review for Saint Andrew's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1600 students 281.6 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904) 256-5030281.69-12, PG1600
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.