North Broward Preparatory School
North Broward Preparatory School is located 15 miles north of Fort Lauderdale on a beautiful 80+ acre campus. The campus is Wi-Fi connected and features two libraries, two gymnasiums, three swimming pools, five tennis courts, lighted stadium and baseball fields, three dining halls and fully equipped residential dormitories.
North Broward Preparatory School is an international community committed to accelerating each student's academic achievement and personal growth within a collaborative learning environment. North Broward's college-prep curriculum, with honors, AP or IB classes, ensures the opportunity for each student to realize his/her full potential in an atmosphere that motivates academic excellence.
North Broward Preparatory School Fine and Performing Arts programs are unmatched. Students in the arts at Harvard, Julliard, Columbia, Emerson College and other top schools around the country have started their journey at North Broward.
North Broward Preparatory School is one of only a few private schools in the area to offer the International Baccalaureate program. As South Florida's premier educational institution, North Broward prepares students to excel at their top-choice universities and beyond by offering an unrivaled and robust curriculum and cultural experiences to every student that walks through its doors.
North Broward Preparatory School students take many paths to graduation. Students can take honors, AP or IB classes, participate in enrichment programs and focus on courses in math, science, English, dance or the arts.
North Broward Preparatory School boarding students reside in well appointed on and off-campus dormitories with two to four students per room. Each dormitory is overseen by a team of adult Dorm Parents who manage each residence and are available to support the social and emotional well-being of the students.
North Broward Preparatory School brings together top students from more than 28 countries who speak more than 35 languages.
North Broward Preparatory School is an engaging and thoughtful learning community of more than 1,550 remarkably high-achieving and diverse students of various talents, interests, backgrounds and cultures.
- North Broward Preparatory School is an international community committed to accelerating each student`s academic achievement and personal growth.
- We foster critical thinking skills, provide opportunities for the discovery of interests, and instill the virtue of civic responsibility.
- Our challenging, yet nurturing environment, prepares our students to excel in their top choice colleges and universities.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|North Broward||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||80 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||1550 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1920||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||18 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||34||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||39||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(*Also covers room & board, and other fees)
(*Tuition for day students in grades 9-12)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Mehgan Dorman|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||34||17|
|Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP French Language, AP Human Geography, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, AP World History, IB Biology SL, HL, IB Dance HL, SL, IB Design Technology SL, HL, IB English B SL, HL, IB English Literature SL, HL, IB Environmental Systems SL, IB Film SL, HL, IB French SL, HL, IB German HL, IB Global Politics HL, IB History SL, HL, IB Math SL, HL, IB Math Studies, IB Music SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Spanish B Ab Initio SL, IB Spanish SL, HL, IB Theater SL, HL, IB Visual Arts SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||14|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||43||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club, Ballet, Chamber, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Computer Building Club, Contemporary, Creative Writing Club, Dance Club, Ecology Club, Film Making Club, Hip Hop Club, Historical Society Club, Investment Club, Jazz Club, Junior Thespian Society, Junior Varsity Dance Team, Lyrical, Middle School Art Club, Middle School Dance Team, Mock Trial Club, Model UN, Multicultural Club, Musical Theater,|
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Florida||18|
|Florida Atlantic University||9|
|University of Miami||8|
|Indiana University at Bloomington||6|
|Michigan State University||5|
|University of Maryland||4|
|University of California, Davis||2|
|University of Chicago||1|
- The North Broward Preparatory School (NBPS) learning environment is specifically designed to provide the perfect balance of outstanding academic programs and an unsurpassed level of extracurricular activities.
- These activities not only engage our students in the local community, but they also immerse them in international cultures. Through international travel, exchanges, sports and fine arts competitions with our sister schools in foreign countries our students develop into global citizens.
- The NBPS Class of 2015 had a 100 percent college-acceptance rate with recent graduates now attending universities such as Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Harvard, MIT, Notre Dame, Yale and Princeton.
- We offer the broadest possible curriculum that includes 34 advanced placement (AP) courses in 20 separate disciplines as well as the International Baccalaureate diploma programme.
- Our student-to-teacher ratio is 10:1 with an average class size of 18. This allows our dedicated teachers to provide an individualized learning experience that challenges every child to reach their fullest academic potential.
- Our academic programs are augmented by our award-winning fine arts program, 60 athletic teams, digital media opportunities, student government and numerous clubs and societies.
- Our residential student program has been an integral part of NBPS since 2001. Our on-campus residences provide a warm and homey environment. Students have access to recreation rooms, meeting/study rooms, TV and games lounges, kitchens, dining areas and laundry facilities. In addition residential students have the entire Upper School campus at their disposal. Residents can enjoy our 3 swimming pools, gym, weight and exercise rooms, track, library, computer labs, art studios, music and dance studios, digital media suite, tennis courts, basketball courts and all-weather soccer/football field.
- NBPS is in the top tier of college preparatory schools anywhere in the world.
- LD types supported: mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Submit Review for North Broward Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG| 1700 students 284.6 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
October 24, 2017
How to handle five basic challenges involved in choosing a boarding school.
September 28, 2017
Use a spreadsheet to develop your initial list of schools. Here's how.
September 28, 2017
Finding the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important and expensive decisions you will ever make.