North Broward Preparatory School
7600 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #2 - North Broward Preparatory School's rigorous academic plan is complemented by a wide range of extracurricular opportunities to allow students to explore their talents and interests and advance as innovative thinkers who are capable of viewing their world in new and insightful ways.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #3 - North Broward Preparatory School is one of only a few private schools in the area to offer the International Baccalaureate program. As South Florida's premier educational institution, North Broward prepares students to excel at their top-choice universities and beyond by offering an unrivaled and robust curriculum and cultural experiences to every student that walks through its doors.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #4 - North Broward Preparatory School is an engaging and thoughtful learning community of more than 1,550 remarkably high-achieving and diverse students of various talents, interests, backgrounds and cultures.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #5 - North Broward Prep is located on over 80 acres of scenic campus with lakes, common areas, gym facilities and the Global Wellness Center. The students enjoy meals in the Student Union on campus.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #6 - The new, state-of-the-art, on-campus dormitory offers boarding students the security and convenience of living on campus. Students live with a roommate in suites (single room options available at an extra cost). Each suite offers private showers. Amenities include laundry, kitchens, game rooms, and social common areas.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #7 - With over 200 distinct courses offered in the curriuculum (Many in the area of STEAM) students have broad choice in electives like Forensic Crime Scene Investigation (above), The Entrepreneurial Studies Program, Speech and Debate, and Robotics.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #8 - North Broward Preparatory School students take many paths to graduation. Students can take honors, AP or IB classes, participate in enrichment programs and focus on courses in math, science, English, dance or the arts.
North Broward Preparatory School Photo #9 - North Broward Preparatory School Fine and Performing Arts programs are unmatched. Students in the arts at Harvard, Julliard, Columbia, Emerson College and other top schools around the country have started their journey at North Broward. Our collaboration with Julliard means our curriculum and faculty are incorporating best, modern practices with many opportunities for workshops and master classes.
- North Broward Preparatory School is an extraordinary community of learners committed to accelerating each student`s academic achievement and personal growth.
- We foster critical thinking skills, provide opportunities for the discovery of interests, and instill the virtue of civic responsibility.
- Our challenging, yet nurturing environment, prepares our students to excel in their top choice colleges and universities.
- As a member of Nord Anglia Education we offer a curriculum that is enhanced by collaborations with world-class organizations like MIT, Juilliard and UNICEF.
- Our school provided personalized learning plans by intergrating technology to further engage students.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|North Broward||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||6-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||80 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||1620 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1225||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1100 - 1370||-|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||34||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||39||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(*Also covers room & board, and other fees)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Carmen Johnson|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Mike Rodgers, Boarding|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||34||18|
|Courses||AP Art, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP French Language, AP Human Geography, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, AP World History, IB Biology SL, HL, IB Dance HL, SL, IB Design Technology SL, HL, IB English B SL, HL, IB English Literature SL, HL, IB Environmental Systems SL, IB Film SL, HL, IB French SL, HL, IB German HL, IB Global Politics HL, IB History SL, HL, IB Math SL, HL, IB Math Studies, IB Music SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Spanish B Ab Initio SL, IB Spanish SL, HL, IB Theater SL, HL, IB Visual Arts SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||43||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Ball Hockey, Basketball Training, Chamber, International Relations (MUN), Life Drawing, Multicultural Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Newspaper, One Planet United, Open Studio Art, OPUS Literary & Art Publication, Pep Band, Philosophy Club, Photography Club, Political Club, Pool Kayaking, Portfolio (Art), Robotics Club, Rowing Training, SADD, Senior Thespian Troupe, South Asian Culture, Spanish Club, Spin Biking, Spirit Club, Sports Medicine Club, Student Government, Thespian Society, Ultimate, University Essay Workshops, Varsity Dance Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Anime / Comic / Game, Art Club, Ballet, Chinese Reading, Classics Exams / Classical League / Latin, Dragon Boating, Korean Culture, Musical Theater, Road Cycling, Tap, Touch Rugby
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Florida||18|
|Florida Atlantic University||9|
|University of Miami||8|
|Indiana University at Bloomington||6|
|Michigan State University||5|
|University of Maryland||4|
|University of California, Davis||2|
|University of Chicago||1|
- The North Broward Preparatory School (NBPS) learning environment is specifically designed to provide the perfect balance of outstanding academic programs and an unsurpassed level of extracurricular activities.
- These activities not only engage our students in the local community, but they also immerse them in international cultures. Through international travel, exchanges, sports and fine arts competitions with our sister schools in foreign countries our students develop into global citizens.
- The NBPS Class of 2019 had a 100 percent college-acceptance rate with recent graduates now attending universities such as Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Harvard, MIT, Notre Dame, Yale and Princeton.
- We offer the broadest possible curriculum that includes 34 advanced placement (AP) courses in 20 separate disciplines as well as the International Baccalaureate diploma programme.
- Our student-to-teacher ratio is 10:1 with an average class size of 18. This allows our dedicated teachers to provide an individualized learning experience that challenges every child to reach their fullest academic potential.
- Our academic programs are augmented by our award-winning fine arts program, 60 athletic teams, digital media opportunities, student government and numerous clubs and societies.
- Our residential student program has been an integral part of NBPS since 2001. Our on-campus residences provide a warm and homey environment. Students have access to recreation rooms, meeting/study rooms, TV and games lounges, kitchens, dining areas and laundry facilities. In addition residential students have the entire Upper School campus at their disposal. Residents can enjoy our 3 swimming pools, gym, weight and exercise rooms, track, library, computer labs, art studios, music and dance studios, digital media suite, tennis courts, basketball courts and all-weather soccer/football field.
- NBPS is in the top tier of college preparatory schools anywhere in the world.
- LD types supported: mild learning differences
- North Broward Preparatory School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for North Broward Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 284.6 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
Two kinds of admissions are in use at American boarding schools: admissions with a fixed deadline and rolling admissions. We take a look at rolling admissions.