Windermere Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
6189 Winter Garden-Vineland Rd
Windermere, FL 34786
Windermere, FL 34786
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #2 - Windermere Preparatory School is an idyllic and inspiring 48 acre campus with beautiful grounds, stunning sights and unrivaled facilities. Located near Orlando, FL, students and faculty are filled with imagination and wonder, thirsting for knowledge and delighting at new discoveries.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #3 - Windermere Preparatory School students community is represented by more than 57 countries. Students from all over the world enrich the overall academic experience by giving all students the opportunity to grow, learn, collaborate and compete within a global setting.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #4 - Windermere Preparatory School students are enthusiastic learners striving to be knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, balanced, reflective and caring.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #5 - Windermere Preparatory School begins personalized college guidance in the 6th grade giving each student an academic head start to develop and achieve their goals.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #6 - Windermere Preparatory School students can choose to participate in a variety of competitive individual and team sports.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #7 - Windermere Preparatory School, a Nord Anglia Education inspires our students to become critical- thinkers with a global perspective both inside and outside of the classroom.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #8 - At Windermere Preparatory School, the Fine, Media, and Performing Arts are an integral part of our culture and our curriculum. The process of creation, improvisation, and exploration forms the cornerstone of our philosophy. Includes dance, visual arts, theater, voice, music.
- Windermere Preparatory School is a local school which a global vision and is located on a beautiful 48-acre campus in Southwest Orange County.
- Windermere Preparatory School's academic approach is built on complex problem solving and critical thinking emphasizing intellectual, personal, emotional and social growth, that culminates with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
- Windermere Prep believes in educating the Whole Child. While academic achievement is Windermere Preparatory School's highest priority, it is complemented and enriched by a multitude of resources and extracurricular activities, such as fine and performing arts, athletics, clubs and community service and our collaborations with MIT, The Juilliard School, Unicef and StartUp Studio. Through personalized learning and cutting-edge curriculum, committed teachers provide instruction that develops and educates the whole child, both inside and outside the classroom. Windermere Preparatory School teachers, dorm parents, and boarding staff take a personal interest in each student and help him/her adjust to life at an American school.
- Windermere Prep's Residental Life program offers boarding to Grades 6 - Grade 12 and our programming is structured and tailored for each age group concentrating on the development of good habits, independence, confidence, self-reflection, self-advocacy, a sense of belonging and a strong work ethic.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Florida Polytechnic University The classrooms are VERY modernised and you always feel immersed in classes. Uniforms are mandatory, but there is a LOT of variety in them. All of the teachers want you to succeed and will really. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Windermere||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||48 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||1500 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1190||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||18 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:16||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||37||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(*Includes tution, room & board.)
(*Base tuition for grades 6-12)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Andrea Houser|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|Courses||AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Geography, AP World History, IB Biology SL, HL, IB Chemistry SL, HL, IB Dance HL, SL, IB Economics SL, HL, IB English Literature SL, HL, IB French SL, HL, ab initio, IB German A Literature SL, IB German B, HL, SL, ab initio, IB History SL, HL, IB Latin SL, HL, IB Mandarin A Literature SL, IB Mathematical Studies, IB Mathematics SL, HL, IB Music SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Psychology SL, HL, IB Spanish A Literature SL, IB Spanish SL, HL, ab initio, IB Visual Art SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||25||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Guild, Film Club, Football Club, Gould Goes Green, Latinos Unidos, Masterpieces (Yearbook), One Love, Phoenix, The Naturals, Touring Talent
Arts and Music Programs:
Broadcast Journalism, Choir, Dance Club, Dragon Club, Drama Club, Driven (Student-Led Youth Group), Graphic Design, Guitar Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Cheerleaders, Core Golf Academy, Elite Tennis USA, Inner Choir, Sand Volleyball, Semi Quavers
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Central Florida||16|
|Florida State University||12|
|University of Miami||6|
|New York University||3|
|Pennsylvania State University||2|
|University of Chicago||2|
|University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill||2|
|University of California, Berkeley||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- How do we constantly earn our reputation as one of the top private schools in the country? Walk through the halls of Windemere Preparatory School, and you will instantly feel the energy and excitement of learning. Ask any child about our school, and chances are, the reply will be, "It's fun!" Our students are eager and focused, because our teachers' passion for knowledge and thought is contagious.
- A full array of advanced academics, arts, physical education, extracurricular activities and community service keeps students engaged and motivated, developing the "whole child." Our affiliation with the Meritas family of schools keeps our faculty on the cutting edge of educational best practices and opens up a range of opportunities for our students.
- We care deeply about igniting the full potential in every child, and create personal learning programs to achieve that goal. When students believe a teacher truly cares and is working on their behalf, they make remarkable progress. In fact, students often tell us their teachers are like "extra parents" - loving them, yet challenging them to be their best.
- Our philosophy provides an educational environment that fosters civic virtue, which includes honesty, integrity, trust, self-worth, self-discipline, respect for authority, concern for others, appreciation for a free-market economy, as well as pride in our community and country.
- Students thrive when they feel safe and supported. That`s why our campus is equipped with state-of-the-art security. It`s also why our staff are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that encourages questions, rewards curiosity and promotes the free exchange of ideas.
- We prepare students for college and life by developing their inherent abilities to the fullest extent in an academic environment that fosters civic virtue and character development.
- Our faculty members and students work together in a mutually respectful partnership, to reach the highest standard for both academic and personal achievement, and to inspire life-long learning.
- Windermere Preparatory School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SAC), and Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Spencer Pigot - IndyCar Driver, 2019 -Raced in the Indy500
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Windermere Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 1620 students 171.1 miles7600 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 122.3 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Learn how financial aid works in boarding schools.
The Association of Boarding Schools has a common admissions application form which simplifies the admissions application process.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.