Windermere Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
6189 Winter Garden-Vineland Rd
Windermere, FL 34786
Windermere, FL 34786
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #2 - Windermere Preparatory School fine arts programs educates the whole child and equips young minds with the knowledge and skills they need to evaluate, compare, and make thoughtful choices so they can become informed and engaged citizens of the world.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #3 - Windermere Preparatory School hosts unrivaled athletic facilities including a swimming pool, gymnasium, weight room, track, athletic courts & fields, and Sports Performance Center.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #4 - Windermere Preparatory School is the only private school in central Florida to offer the IB Diploma Programme, excellently preparing students for success at their top-choice college and beyond.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #5 - Windermere Preparatory School is an idyllic and inspiring 48 acre campus with beautiful grounds, stunning sights and unrivaled facilities. Located near Orlando, FL, students and faculty are filled with imagination and wonder, thirsting for knowledge and delighting at new discoveries.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #6 - Windermere Preparatory School students community is represented by more than 57 countries. Students from all over the world enrich the overall academic experience by giving all students the opportunity to grow, learn, collaborate and compete within a global setting.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #7 - Windermere Preparatory School students are enthusiastic learners striving to be knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, balanced, reflective and caring.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #8 - Windermere Preparatory School students are enthusiastic learners striving to be knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, balanced, reflective and caring.
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #9 - Windermere Preparatory School begins personalized college guidance in the 6th grade giving each student an academic head start to develop and achieve their goals.
- At Windermere Preparatory School, we care deeply about igniting the full potential in every student, and create personal learning programs to achieve that goal.
- When students believe a teacher truly cares and is working on their behalf, they make remarkable progress.
- Students often tell us their teachers are like "extra parents" - encouraging them while challenging them to be their best.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Florida Polytechnic University The classrooms are VERY modernised and you always feel immersed in classes. Uniforms are mandatory, but there is a LOT of variety in them. All of the teachers want you to succeed and will really. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Windermere||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||48 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||1380 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1190||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||18 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:15||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||37||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(*Includes tution, room & board.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Mehgan Dorman|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|Courses||AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Geography, AP World History, IB Biology SL, HL, IB Chemistry SL, HL, IB Dance HL, SL, IB Economics SL, HL, IB English Literature SL, HL, IB French SL, HL, ab initio, IB German A Literature SL, IB German B, HL, SL, ab initio, IB History SL, HL, IB Latin SL, HL, IB Mandarin A Literature SL, IB Mathematical Studies, IB Mathematics SL, HL, IB Music SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Psychology SL, HL, IB Spanish A Literature SL, IB Spanish SL, HL, ab initio, IB Visual Art SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Guild, Film Club, Football Club, Gould Goes Green, Latinos Unidos, Masterpieces (Yearbook), One Love, Phoenix, The Naturals, Touring Talent
Arts and Music Programs:
Broadcast Journalism, Choir, Dance Club, Dragon Club, Drama Club, Driven (Student-Led Youth Group), Graphic Design, Guitar Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Cheerleaders, Core Golf Academy, Elite Tennis USA, Inner Choir, Semi Quavers
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Central Florida||16|
|Florida State University||12|
|University of Miami||6|
|New York University||3|
|Pennsylvania State University||2|
|University of Chicago||2|
|University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill||2|
|University of California, Berkeley||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- How do we constantly earn our reputation as one of the top private schools in the country? Walk through the halls of Windemere Preparatory School, and you will instantly feel the energy and excitement of learning. Ask any child about our school, and chances are, the reply will be, "It's fun!" Our students are eager and focused, because our teachers' passion for knowledge and thought is contagious.
- A full array of advanced academics, arts, physical education, extracurricular activities and community service keeps students engaged and motivated, developing the "whole child." Our affiliation with the Meritas family of schools keeps our faculty on the cutting edge of educational best practices and opens up a range of opportunities for our students.
- We care deeply about igniting the full potential in every child, and create personal learning programs to achieve that goal. When students believe a teacher truly cares and is working on their behalf, they make remarkable progress. In fact, students often tell us their teachers are like "extra parents" - loving them, yet challenging them to be their best.
- Our philosophy provides an educational environment that fosters civic virtue, which includes honesty, integrity, trust, self-worth, self-discipline, respect for authority, concern for others, appreciation for a free-market economy, as well as pride in our community and country.
- Students thrive when they feel safe and supported. That`s why our campus is equipped with state-of-the-art security. It`s also why our staff are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that encourages questions, rewards curiosity and promotes the free exchange of ideas.
- We prepare students for college and life by developing their inherent abilities to the fullest extent in an academic environment that fosters civic virtue and character development.
- Our faculty members and students work together in a mutually respectful partnership, to reach the highest standard for both academic and personal achievement, and to inspire life-long learning.
- Windermere Preparatory School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SAC), and Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Submit Review for Windermere Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 1550 students 171.1 miles7600 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 122.3 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.