Windermere Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (407) 905-7737
6189 Winter Garden-Vineland Rd
Windermere, FL 34786
Windermere, FL 34786
Windermere Preparatory School Photo #2 - At Windermere Preparatory School, the Fine, Media, and Performing Arts are an integral part of our culture and our curriculum. The process of creation, improvisation, and exploration forms the cornerstone of our philosophy. Includes dance, visual arts, theater, voice, music.
Windermere Preparatory School is a local school which a global vision and is located on a beautiful 48-acre campus in Southwest Orange County.
Windermere Preparatory School's academic approach is built on complex problem solving and critical thinking emphasizing intellectual, personal, emotional, and social growth, that culminates with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
Windermere Prep believes in educating the Whole Child.
While academic achievement is Windermere Preparatory School's highest priority, it is complemented and enriched by a multitude of resources and extracurricular activities, such as fine and performing arts, athletics, clubs and community service, and our collaborations with MIT, The Juilliard School, Unicef and StartUp Studio. Through personalized learning and cutting-edge curriculum, committed teachers provide instruction that develops and educates the whole child, both inside and outside the classroom. Windermere Preparatory School teachers, dorm parents, and boarding staff take a personal interest in each student and help him/her adjust to life at an American school.
Windermere Prep's Residental Life program offers boarding to Grade 7 - Grade 12 and our programming is structured and tailored for each age group concentrating on the development of good habits, independence, confidence, self-reflection, self-advocacy, a sense of belonging and a strong work ethic.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Florida Polytechnic University The classrooms are VERY modernised and you always feel immersed in classes. Uniforms are mandatory, but there is a LOT of variety in them. All of the teachers want you to succeed and will really. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Windermere||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||48 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||1500 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1231||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||2||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||20||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(*Includes tution, room & board.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Andrea Houser|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||2||18|
|Courses||AP European History, AP U.S. History, IB Biology SL, HL, IB Chemistry SL, HL, IB Dance HL, SL, IB Economics SL, HL, IB English Literature SL, HL, IB French SL, HL, ab initio, IB German A Literature SL, IB German B, HL, SL, ab initio, IB History SL, HL, IB Latin SL, HL, IB Mandarin A Literature SL, IB Mathematical Studies, IB Mathematics SL, HL, IB Music SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Psychology SL, HL, IB Spanish A Literature SL, IB Spanish SL, HL, ab initio, IB Visual Art SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||25||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Guild, Film Club, Football Club, Gould Goes Green, Latinos Unidos, Masterpieces (Yearbook), One Love, Phoenix, The Naturals, Touring Talent
Arts and Music Programs:
Broadcast Journalism, Choir, Dance Club, Dragon Club, Drama Club, Driven (Student-Led Youth Group), Graphic Design, Guitar Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Cheerleaders, Core Golf Academy, Elite Tennis USA, Inner Choir, Sand Volleyball, Semi Quavers
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Central Florida||14|
|University of Florida||13|
|University of California - Irvine||6|
|George Washington University||2|
|United States Military Academy - Army||2|
|Johns Hopkins University||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Windermere Preparatory School strives to ignite your child's curiosity and drive them to believe there is no limit to what they can achieve. As part of the Nord Anglia Education Schools, Windermere Prep collaborates with world-leading organizations and experts to create innovative programs that enhance our outstanding curricula so that our students learn from the best.
- As the only school in Central Florida who offers an IB Diploma & Certificate Programme, we strive for our students to become critical thinkers to prepare them for their future in this ever-changing world.
- Our multidisciplinary STEAM curricula is designed through our collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Our Fine Arts Program is infused through our collaboration with The Juilliard School offered at all ages.
- A full array of advanced academics, arts, physical education, extracurricular activities, and community service keeps students engaged and motivated, developing the "whole child." Our affiliation with the Nord Anglia Education family of schools keeps our faculty on the cutting edge of educational best practices and opens up a range of opportunities for our students.
- We care deeply about igniting the full potential in every student and create personal learning programs to achieve that goal. When students believe a teacher truly cares and is working on their behalf, they make remarkable progress. In fact, students often tell us their teachers are like "extra parents" - loving them, yet challenging them to be their best.
- Our philosophy provides an educational environment that fosters civic virtue, which includes honesty, integrity, trust, self-worth, self-discipline, respect for authority, concern for others, appreciation for a free-market economy, as well as pride in our community and country.
- We offer engaging and safe learning environments to ensure your child will love coming to school. 95% of WPS parents feel their child is happy at school because it is their home away from home and they feel safe. Our campus has state-of-the-art security. It`s also why our staff are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that encourages questions, rewards curiosity, and promotes the free exchange of ideas.
- Our faculty members and students work together in a mutually respectful partnership, to reach the highest standard for both academic and personal achievement, and to inspire life-long learning.
- Windermere Preparatory School accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SAC), and Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Spencer Pigot - IndyCar Driver, 2019 -Raced in the Indy500
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Windermere Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 1620 students 171.1 miles7600 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1600 students 122.3 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904) 256-5030122.39-12, PG1600
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.