IMG Academy Photo #2 - At IMG Academy, we believe critical thinking and independent learning skills are crucial preparation for collegiate-level academics. Our teaching methodologies continually evolve to meet the rigorous demands of modern education, including the incorporation of lessons from the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Bloom`s Taxonomy, the Socratic Method, the Harkness Method, and the "flipped classroom."
IMG Academy Photo #3 - IMG Academy provides the ultimate experience for passionate student-athletes with a team comprised of educators, specialists, coaches and dreamers brought together by passion and the love of personal growth.
IMG Academy Photo #4 - IMG Academy's residence halls provide student-athletes ideal on-campus living options.
IMG Academy Photo #5 - IMG Academy's state-of-the-art Academic Center was completed in August of 2015. With over 72,000 square feet of learning space, students have all of the resources they need to succeed in the classroom.
IMG Academy Photo #6 - IMG Academy attracts student-athletes from around the world, with nearly 70 countries represented in the class of 2016.
IMG Academy Photo #7 - IMG Academy's boarding school philosophy is built around four central tenants: academic, athletic, personal and social growth.
IMG Academy Photo #8 - With a diverse student body drawing from around the world, bonds are forged and friendships made for life.
IMG Academy Photo #9 - IMG Academy's 500+ acre campus gives student-athletes access to the tools they needs to excel, as well as a supportive community to help them along the way.
- IMG Academy is the world's premier boarding school for dedicated and passionate student-athletes.
- With a seamless methodology that equally cultivates academic growth, athletic improvement, character development and social responsibility, IMG creates leaders and influencers who are better prepared than most of their peers to take on the next stages of their lives.
- By learning in an environment that both challenges and supports them, IMG student-athletes acquire the skills of balance and prioritization. All the while, they grow their cultural understanding through interaction with student-athletes from across the nation and more than 80 countries.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Augustana College The athletic program is very unique to IMG. The focus on college and applications is also unique. . .
- NYU The campus at IMG Academy is top of the line, you will never find anything like it, not in high schools, and not even in university. IMG Academy has over 500 acres of land, featuring. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|IMG Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||600 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||1200 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jeff Holbrook|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|Courses||AP Computer Science, AP English Language & Composition. AP English Literature. AP World History. AP U.S. History. AP European History. AP Calculus AB. AP Statistics. AP Biology. AP Chemistry. AP Physics. AP Environmental Science. AP Spanish. AP 2D Design, AP Human Geography, AP Micro/Macro Economics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||25||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Community Review Board, Green Team, History Club, I AM THAT GIRL, IMG Initiative Business Club, IMG Ultras Spirit Organization, IMPACT Mentoring, Individual Female Character Development, International Club, Junior Green Team, Junior Key Club, Key Club, Key Club International, Middle School Senate, National English Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Outstanding Cultural Brothers, Presidents Club, Student Activities Committee, Student Ambassadors, Student Residential Assistant Program, Student-Athlete Council, Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), Yearbook Club
|Year: 2012 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
IMG Academy is where potential becomes reality. It is where passion and dedication are channeled into accomplishment. It is where the foundation is built for future success. Simply, it is where people from around the world come to be their own, personal best. IMG Academy is the world`s premier boarding school for dedicated and passionate student-athletes. With a seamless methodology that equally cultivates academic growth, athletic improvement, character development and social responsibility, IMG creates leaders and influencers who are better prepared than most of their peers to take on the next stages of their lives. By learning in an environment that both challenges and supports them, IMG student-athletes acquire the skill of balance and prioritization. All the while, they grow their cultural understanding through interaction with student-athletes from across the nation and more than 80 countries.
- Academics: A world-renowned 5th -12th grade institution that includes post-graduate offerings, IMG Academy balances academics, athletics, character development and social responsibility. Through small class sizes, an accomplished faculty recognized for teaching excellence, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
- Athletics: IMG Academy features eight sport programs (Bollettieri Tennis, Golf, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Lacrosse and Track & Field) as well as Athletic and Personal Development disciplines that facilitate improvement in areas like strength, speed, leadership, nutrition and more. With some of the world`s top coaches, professional-quality facilities, cutting-edge technology and customized training programs, IMG Academy`s athletes have dominated competition at every level for more than 40 years.
- Character Development: Through the teaching of accountability and a strong moral compass, our student-athletes are well prepared for life`s challenges after leaving the campus. Utilizing a revolutionary training curriculum that addresses key areas of peak performance like leadership, confidence, focus and empowerment, IMG Academy instills the mental fortitude that provide an edge to top performers.
- Social Responsibility: We strive to develop student-athletes who are leaders and role models in the community by emphasizing the importance of giving back. Student-athletes are required to commit a set number of hours each academic year to community outreach through organizations like Special Olympics, Boys & Girls Clubs, American Cancer Society, Big Brothers Big Sisters and more.
- LD types supported: Language-based and mild learning differences
- IMG Academy accreditations: AdvancED, Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), Florida Kindergarten Council
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for IMG Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 202.3 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme offers a rigorous, disciplined approach to college preparation studies. We answer common questions about the IB.