1200 N. Quaker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22302
Alexandria, VA 22302
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 435 students
Founded on a tradition of honor and the pursuit of self-discovery, Episcopal High School engages students in a challenging college preparatory education.
The school fosters emphathy and responsibility for self and others through a commitment to spiritual inquiry and growth in a fully residential community.
Students are encouraged to think creatively, work collaboratively, develop individual passions, and celebrate the talents of others.
Sharing diverse life experiences, ideas, and values, students learn humility, resilience, and mutual respect.
Through access to the educational and cultural resources of the nation's capital, students are inspired to understand and embrace a changing world.
Together, faculty and students take initiative as informed citizens and environmental stewards.
Episcopal strives to prepare young people to become discerning individuals with the intellectual and moral courage to lead principled lives of leadership and service to others.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Review #1 - Class of 2016Northwestern University One aspect of Episcopal that is unique is the fact that is 100% boarding. Since there is not this divide. . .
- Review #2 - Class of 2013Duke University I think what sets Episcopal apart from other comparable boarding schools is its unique location. Situated right outside the nation's. . .
- Review #3 - Class of 2013Rice University Episcopal is unique in the boarding school world in that 100% of the students are boarders. While the school. . .
- Review #4 - Class of 2008Tufts University Episcopal is a really well-rounded school, and there is always something for everyone. Although you might find yourself in the. . .
- Review #5 - Class of 2007Duke University First, Episcopal High School benefits from its location. The proximity to Washington, D.C provides it with many educational opportunities, such. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 326 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Episcopal High||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||130 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||435 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1710 - 2050||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(dress pants with shirt & tie for boys, pants or skirt with blouse or sweater for girls)
|Average Class Size||11 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||45||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$214 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$38,500||$22,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70||-|
|Director of Admissions||Scott Conklin|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||45||16|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language, Computer Science, Engineering, English 3, English 4, Environmental Science, French Language, German, Global Energy, Government, Human Geography, Latin, Linear Algebra, Linux, Macroeconomics, Math, Microeconomics, Multivariable/Vector Calculus, Music Theory, Orchestra & Chamber Music, Physics B, Physics C, Recording, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art: 2-D Design Portfolio, Studio Art: 3-D Design Portfolio, Studio Art:: Drawing Portfolio, Topics in Applied Mathematics, Topics in German, Topics in Latin 1, Topics in Latin 2, Topics in Social Studies: Energy, United States History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||46||23|
|Extracurriculars||A Capella, Activities Committee, Athletic Advisory Board, Book Club, Cappies, Ceridwen (Writing Club), Certamen, Chamber, Cheerleaders, Choir, Christian Fellowship Club, Chronicle (Student Newspaper), Community Council, Daemon (Literary Magazine), Disciplinary Council, Dorm Prefects, e-tech club, Environment Club, Forensics Club, Free Thinkers, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Girls Club, Investment Club, Italian Club, Jazz Club,|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Episcopal High School is dedicated to the student's pursuit of excellence and to the joy of learning and self-discovery in a caring and supportive community. Enriched by the educational and cultural resources of the nation's capital, Episcopal's dynamic academic program encourages students to develop individual talents and prepares them to attend selective colleges and universities.
- Students from diverse backgrounds live and learn together in a residential community based on a foundation of honor, spiritual growth, responsibility, and mutual respect. They develop enduring relationships at EHS and grow as discerning, self-reliant, creative, and compassionate individuals. The Episcopal High School community prepares young people to lead principled and fulfilling lives of leadership and service to others.
- Founded in 1839, Episcopal High School offers dynamic and challenging academics, broad and inclusive programs in arts and athletics, and a host of extracurricular activities. The School's 435 students come from over 29 states, the District of Columbia, Puetro Rico and 19 foreign countries, bringing a rich diversity of backgrounds and experiences to the EHS community.
- The 130-acre campus' pastoral setting is enhanced by access to all the resources of the Washington, D.C. area. The traditions of the School serve as a foundation for a progressive college preparatory learning environment with a spiritual foundation. Athletic development, community service, and creative pursuits come together to strengthen the whole student. These complementary opportunities make Episcopal one of a kind.
- School accreditations: Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) and the Association of Southern Colleges and Schools
Submit Review for Episcopal High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 650 students 347.9 miles7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 9-12, PG | 865 students 290.1 miles333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
Grades: 9-12, PG | 1122 students 408.4 miles180 Main Street
Andover, MA 01810
Grades: 9-12, PG | 598 students 288.7 miles11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860) 435-3102288.79-12, PG598
Grades: 9-12, PG | 1085 students 430.1 miles20 Main Street
Exeter, NH 03833