Prides Crossing, MA 01965
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 335 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2013 School Data
|Landmark School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||2-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||45 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||450 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||9%||18%|
|% International Students||4%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||50%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Acadmics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
|Average Class Size||8 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||60%||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$14 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||3%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Carolyn Orsini Nelson|
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is a coeducational boarding and day school with elementary, middle, and college preparatory high school programs for students with language-based learning disabilities (LBLD).
- Our students are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn and possess average to superior intelligence.
- With a teacher/student ratio of 1:3, Landmark emphasizes daily one-to-one tutorials and an individualized approach to teaching. We focus on skill acquisition and achievement and 92% of Landmark graduates go on to college.
- Students enjoy competitive athletics, performing arts, visual and practical arts, technology electives, clubs and community service.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living and learning environment.
- Summer programs for students in grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with recreational and hands-on activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark is a pioneer in the field of LBLD.
- Landmark’s mission includes an extensive Outreach Program of Professional Development courses, workshops and publications for educators, administrators, clinicians and parents.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia/Language-based Learning Disabilities, such as dyslexia
- School accreditations: NEASC, NAIS, AISNE, MAAPS, Mass. DOE
- School Location Miles Students Grades
ByfieldThe Governor's Academy
(formerly Governor Dummer Academy)
1 Elm Street
Byfield, MA, 01922
978-499-312013.7 mi | 398 students | Gr. 9-12
North AndoverBrooks School
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA, 01845
978-725-627216.6 mi | 376 students | Gr. 9-12
AndoverPhillips Academy Andover
180 Main Street
Andover, MA, 01810
978-749-405016.9 mi | 1141 students | Gr. 9-12
WalthamChapel Hill-Chauncy Hall
785 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA, 02452
781-314-080024.1 mi | 165 students | Gr. 9-12
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA, 02186
617-898-222724.6 mi | 695 students | Gr. K-12