3511 Verde Valley School Road
Sedona, AZ 86351
Sedona, AZ 86351
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 120 students
Write, score and perform an original musical. Create your own violin in welding class and play it with the VVS rock or jazz band! Our approach to the arts is student-centered, performance-based and quite unique.
Our individualized college counseling program allows students the freedom to find the best fit for them and sends VVS graduates to some of the most recognized colleges and universities in the country, including Dartmouth College, Stanford University, Middlebury College and the University of California system.
Nothing beats a Sedona view. Located in the red rocks of Northern Arizona, Verde Valley School is surrounded by national forest land with hiking, biking and horseback riding trails originating from our 170 acre campus. Phoenix, America's 6th largest city, is just 90 miles south.
The Equestrian program at Verde Valley School is varied and exciting. Riders can ride both Western and English, on trail rides or in our arena. Our campus herd is 30 strong and riders can also board their horse. The program is open to beginners and experts alike. The horse/rider bond is stressed and riders also assist with important jobs around the barn like giving vaccinations and horse care.
Verde Valley is an International Baccalaureate World School, with the IB curriculum for all students in grades 11 and 12.
Nestled within the beautiful scenery of Sedona, Arizona, Verde Valley offers a rigorous academic program, inspiration for artistic and musical expression, and exciting outdoor activities including one of the most diverse equestrian programs in the West.
Life at VVS revolves around our five guiding principles: academic excellence, world citizenship, environmental stewardship, physical labor and service to others.
Alumni Reviews Review School
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|Verde Valley School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||175 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||120 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1700||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||15|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||29||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$4 million||$16 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$15,000||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||80||-|
|Director of Admissions||Sean Fagan|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sarah D'Angelo|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||15|
|Courses||IB Higher Level Biology, IB Higher Level Ceramics, IB Higher Level Drawing, IB Higher Level English Literature, IB Higher Level French , IB Higher Level German, IB Higher Level History of the Americas, IB Higher Level Mathematics , IB Higher Level Music, IB Higher Level Painting, IB Higher Level Photography, IB Higher Level Social and Cultural Anthropology , IB Higher Level Spanish, IB Higher Level Theatre, IB Standard Level Ceramics, IB Standard Level English Literature, IB Standard Level Environmental Systems and Societies, IB Standard Level French, IB Standard Level German, IB Standard Level History of the Americas, IB Standard Level Mandarin an initio, IB Standard Level Mathematics, IB Standard Level Music, IB Standard Level Painting, IB Standard Level Photography, IB Standard Level Spanish, IB Standard Level Theatre, Theory of Knowledge|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||23|
|Extracurriculars||Archery Club, Co-Ed Soccer, Equestrian Club, Fencing Club, Hiking Club, Horseback Riding, Mountain Bike Riding, Newspaper/Yearbook, Personal Fitness, Riding, Rock Climbing, Strength & Conditioning, Yoga|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Verde Valley School is situated among the majestic mountains of Sedona, Arizona, providing inspiration for artistic and musical expression. The natural beauty surrounding the campus also serves as a natural classroom for unique field-based learning experiences, including anthropological and geological studies.
- Verde Valley School is one of the few boarding schools in the U.S. to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme curriculum as its sole curriculum to 11th and 12th grade students.
- We have an exciting and diverse studio and performing arts program. Students participate actively in the official governance of our school, and with faculty, perform much the physical labor maintaining the campus.
- Graduates of Verde Valley School are individuals who are ethical, possess a strong sense of personal and social responsibility, are skilled in ways that enable them to participate effectively in community building and decision making, appreciative of the dignity of physical work, open to the discovery and enduring satisfactions of artistic creation, knowledgeable about the depth and range of our shared cultural heritage, prepared for entry into the university of their choice, generous in spirit, mindful of the importance of citizenship and ready to practice its privileges and obligations.
- School accreditations: International Baccalaureate World School, and the North Central Association
Submit Review for Verde Valley School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 100 students 37.6 miles1000 Orme School Road, H.C. 63, Box 3040
Mayer, AZ 86333
Grades: 9-12 | 236 students 477.3 miles6155 Fountain Valley School Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Grades: 9-12| 750 students 582 miles3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Grades: 9-12 | 270 students 437.4 miles1960 Cate Mesa Road, P.O. Box 5005
Carpinteria, CA 93014
Grades: 9-12 | 287 students 1642.6 miles360 Asheville School Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806