Using the Boarding Schools Admission Application Form
The manner in which individual boarding schools use the admission application package is up to them. The application package consists of the following forms:
- General Information
- Applicant Questionnaire
- English Teacher Recommendation Form
- Math Teacher Recommendation Form
- Head/Principal/Counselor Recommendation Form
- Download the forms. You can also view the forms online. They are all in Acrobat's PDF format which is viewable using the free Acrobat Reader.
- Determine the forms for each school to which you are applying by contacting the admissions offices.
- Determine the additional forms individual schools may require as part of their admissions application package.
- Make a list of admissions applications deadlines.
- Make a list of financial aid application deadlines.
- Schedule school visits over the summer of the year prior to planned admission. For example, if your child expects to start school in fall of 2019, you need to start the process in May or June of 2018. Don't leave school visits until November and December. Thanksgiving and Christmas are busy times at boarding schools. They are also times when the schools close for the holidays.
What about international students?
Don't forget admissions testing. This will be the SSAT or the ISEE. Add to that TOEFL if you live abroad and English is not your native language.
Need financial aid?
Questions? Contact us on Facebook. @boardingschoolreview