Camden Military Academy - Review #1
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||The Citadel|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Charleston, SC|
|Years Attended Boarding School||1|
|Activities During Boarding School||I participated in Cross Country, Soccer, The Key Club and represented alpha company for the club.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
A couple things that make my school unique, is the superb training in leadership and excellence. As well as the environment which pushes everyone to achieve greatness.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
The best thing that happened to me at this school was the growth I had as a young man and the prosperity in my grades. Specifically the rigorousness of the courses and how they taught me to focus more rather than play around.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have appreciated the opportunity more.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The growth and development to make me a better leader and person.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
My advice to new cadets would be to make the most of everything available at CMA. There are tremendous opportunities at CMA, seize them! A company forever
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
The academics at my school range from 7th grade courses all the way up to college courses. This ensures that everyone can receive an education with unlimited potential. The thing I liked the most about my academics was the teachers and how each one taught with passion.
1.) Describe the athletics at your school - what did you like most about it?
The athletics at my school are very abundant and very inclusive. This is what I like the most about it, there are sports for everyone and the coaches are very dedicated to the improvement of their players. Also, if you choose to not play a sport then mandatory intramural games are required, and these games are typically very fun and competitive.
1.) Describe the extracurriculars offered at your school - what did you like most about it?
The extracurricular activities at my school contain a wide variety of groups. Some offerings that are specific to the school are C.A.P. or Civil Air Patrol which is an incredible experience. The thing I like the most about these activities is the fun in which they all encase.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
To me, the thing I like the most about dorm life is how initially a random group of boys coincide in one barracks and although each one is different. Over time they come together and become one unit and one family.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
The school's town is located in Camden which a very historic town and also the oldest inlet town of all South Carolina. the thing I like most about it is the people who are all very kind.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
The social life at my school is very inclusive and the friendships that are formed here are long-lasting and bonding.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- The Citadel A couple things that make my school unique, is the superb training in leadership and excellence. As well as the environment which pushes everyone to achieve greatness. . .
- Stanly Community College I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we tried different ways even home school but I would not do the work. I was. . .
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University; Liberty University The teachers at CMA care. They not only care about your education, but they care about your success as an individual - no matter which direction you decide to head in life. Literally. . .
- Catawba College Camden Military Academy was a very different school. Not in the sense that it was strictly a military school, but because it has had a positive affect on me personally. As i chose to go. . .
- University of South Carolina The first unique aspect of the school is the combined military approach and the factor that not many students are allowed to attend. The way that there is a limited focus of students from. . .
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.