Camden Military Academy
Camden Military Academy Photo #3 - Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
Camden Military Academy Photo #4 - TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
Camden Military Academy Photo #5 - 14 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Camden Military Academy Photo #7 - Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
- The academy's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Clemson I attended CMA for 5 years and it was a fantastic experience. I made life long friendships and grew in so many different aspects of my life. Most importantly was school and discipline and it. . .
- East Carolina We are a military school and it really feels like family at Camden Military Academy. . .
- Camden Military Academy For one, we are a military boarding school. That means not only are we living at school 24/7, we are embroiled in a lifestyle of JROTC during our time at Camden Military. We also only. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,595|
(Summer tuition ranges from $2595 to $4895 depending on the options available.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$36,995||$52,900|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
(must apply each year and first year is income base)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Andrei B. Sujka|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|Courses||33 hours of Dual Enrollment|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||21||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Markmanship, Marksmanship, Riding, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Battalion, Black Jack Drill Team (Pershing Rifles), Boy Scouts, Business Case Cracker, Chess Club, Design & Architecture, Georgian Yearbook, Gosu Gaming, International Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, KEY Club, Live Well Health Ambassadors, Newspaper (School News), Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drum and Fife Corps, Fine Arts Club, Green Machine Recycling, Jazz Club, Piano/Guitar Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flight Lessons, Golf Club, Paintball, Schoolreach Quiz team, Variety of Intramural Sports
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- Camden Military Academy accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), AdvancEd, National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS), AdvancedEd
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.