Camden Military Academy
Camden Military Academy Photo #3 - Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
Camden Military Academy Photo #4 - TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
Camden Military Academy Photo #5 - 12 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Camden Military Academy Photo #7 - Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
- "The school's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy...".
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Camden Military Academy For one, we are a military boarding school. That means not only are we living at school 24/7, we are embroiled in a lifestyle of JROTC during our time at Camden Military. We also only. . .
- Stony Brook University An important aspect at Camden Military Academy that helped me succeed was the small classroom sizes because it allowed me to build strong relationships with my teachers which aided me to get high grades. The. . .
- The Citadel A couple things that make my school unique, is the superb training in leadership and excellence. As well as the environment which pushes everyone to achieve greatness. . .
- Stanly Community College I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we tried different ways even home school but I would not do the work. I was. . .
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University; Liberty University The teachers at CMA care. They not only care about your education, but they care about your success as an individual - no matter which direction you decide to head in life. Literally. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$36,995||$48,100|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
(must apply each year and first year is income base)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Marshall Sheorn|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|Courses||33 hours of Dual Enrollment|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||26||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Battalion, Black Jack Drill Team (Pershing Rifles), Boy Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, CMA Archaeological Society, Driving School, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, International Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, KEY Club, Newspaper (School News), Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drama Club, Drum and Fife Corps, Fine Arts Club, Jazz Club, Piano/Guitar Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Club, Flight Lessons, Golf Club, Paintball, Variety of Intramural Sports
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- Camden Military Academy accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS), AdvancedEd
- Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.