Camden Military Academy
Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
12 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
- "The school's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy...".
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- The Citadel A couple things that make my school unique, is the superb training in leadership and excellence. As well as the environment which pushes everyone to achieve greatness. . .
- Stanly Community College I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we tried different ways even home school but I would not do the work. I was. . .
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University; Liberty University The teachers at CMA care. They not only care about your education, but they care about your success as an individual - no matter which direction you decide to head in life. Literally. . .
- Catawba College Camden Military Academy was a very different school. Not in the sense that it was strictly a military school, but because it has had a positive affect on me personally. As i chose to go. . .
- University of South Carolina The first unique aspect of the school is the combined military approach and the factor that not many students are allowed to attend. The way that there is a limited focus of students from. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||6-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Bi-Monthly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$36,995||$47,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Marshall Sheorn|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|Courses||33 hours of Dual Enrollment|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||26||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Battalion, Black Jack Drill Team (Pershing Rifles), Boy Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, CMA Archaeological Society, Driving School, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, International Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, KEY Club, Newspaper (School News), Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drama Club, Drum and Fife Corps, Fine Arts Club, Jazz Club, Piano/Guitar Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Club, Flight Lessons, Golf Club, Paintball, Variety of Intramural Sports
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS), AdvancedEd
- Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.