Camden Military Academy
Camden Military Academy Photo #3 - Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
Camden Military Academy Photo #4 - TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
Camden Military Academy Photo #5 - 14 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Camden Military Academy Photo #7 - Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
- The academy's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Camden Military Academy For one, we are a military boarding school. That means not only are we living at school 24/7, we are embroiled in a lifestyle of JROTC during our time at Camden Military. We also only. . .
- Stony Brook University An important aspect at Camden Military Academy that helped me succeed was the small classroom sizes because it allowed me to build strong relationships with my teachers which aided me to get high grades. The. . .
- The Citadel A couple things that make my school unique, is the superb training in leadership and excellence. As well as the environment which pushes everyone to achieve greatness. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,595|
(Summer tuition ranges from $2595 to $4895 depending on the options available.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$36,995||$50,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
(must apply each year and first year is income base)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Andrei Sujka|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|Courses||33 hours of Dual Enrollment|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||21||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Markmanship, Marksmanship, Riding, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Battalion, Black Jack Drill Team (Pershing Rifles), Boy Scouts, Business Case Cracker, Chess Club, Design & Architecture, Georgian Yearbook, Gosu Gaming, International Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, KEY Club, Live Well Health Ambassadors, Newspaper (School News), Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drum and Fife Corps, Fine Arts Club, Green Machine Recycling, Jazz Club, Piano/Guitar Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flight Lessons, Golf Club, Paintball, Schoolreach Quiz team, Variety of Intramural Sports
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- Camden Military Academy accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), AdvancEd, National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS), AdvancedEd
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.