Camden Military Academy
Camden Military Academy Photo #3 - Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
Camden Military Academy Photo #4 - TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
Camden Military Academy Photo #5 - 14 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Camden Military Academy Photo #7 - Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
The academy's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Appalachian State University One thing that separated Camden from any other school I've looked at or attended was the small and personal classes. My biggest class went from being 34 at a public school to 12 at Camden. . .
- Covenant College This school creates extreme bonds with brothers you will forever remember. Me and my brothers worked hard together, learned together, and learned the values of truth and discipline. Camden Military Academy is a life changer. . .
- CU Boulder There is a brotherhood that can be found nowhere else. I would not trade in my experience here for anything. This has been a one in a lifetime experience. The teachers here can help the. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,595|
(Summer tuition ranges from $2595 to $4895 depending on the options available.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$36,995||$54,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
(must apply each year and first year is income base)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|Courses||33 hours of Dual Enrollment|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||21||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Markmanship, Marksmanship, Riding, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Battalion, Black Jack Drill Team (Pershing Rifles), Boy Scouts, Business Case Cracker, Chess Club, Design & Architecture, Georgian Yearbook, Gosu Gaming, International Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, KEY Club, Live Well Health Ambassadors, Newspaper (School News), Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Drum and Fife Corps, Fine Arts Club, Green Machine Recycling, Jazz Club, Piano/Guitar Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flight Lessons, Golf Club, Paintball, Schoolreach Quiz team, Variety of Intramural Sports
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- Camden Military Academy accreditations: Cognia (formerlySouthern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS)
Profile last updated: 06/28/2021
- Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Thinking about making a major gift to your school? How about endowing a faculty chair? More here.
American boarding schools have always welcomed international students. Rigorous academic programs, extensive athletic programs, and a wide range of extracurricular activities attract students from all over the world.
Admissions to boarding school is a process with many components. The process can be confusing to parents dealing with boarding school admissions for the first time. We guide you through the process.