Fishburne Military School
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12
- Enrollment: 150 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $37,500
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Fishburne Military School ranks among the top 5 military schools (out of 16 military schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(Various scholarships and considerations)
(Includes uniforms, room & board, academics and athletics, laundry, haircuts.)
AP / Advanced Courses
- You see it. And we do, too. Maybe your son just needs a fresh start. Perhaps he simply needs a school where he can focus on learning without public school distractions. Choosing Fishburne isn`t about "sending him away to military prep school in Virginia" or commenting on your parenting. It`s about giving him all the possibilities wrapped in our traditions of fairness and structure and hard work. With a serving of camaraderie, encouragement, and support that will stick with him his whole life.
- Fishburne Military School (FMS) is a private, military boarding school for boys in Waynesboro, Virginia, United States. It was founded by James A. Fishburne in 1879 and is one of the oldest military schools in the country.
- Accreditations matter. Basically, an objective third party takes a thorough look at an institution (Fishburne, in this case) and validates that the institution is doing what it claims to do. Beyond that, an accredited institution has met standards that cross state lines, which means they have value everywhere.
- What does that mean for you? The simple truth is that students from accredited military academies have greater access to federal loans, scholarships, post-secondary education, and military programs that require students to attend an accredited institution. So we`re proud of our accreditations. And we`re glad they improve the fortunes of our cadets.
- Not only is Fishburne`s JROTC one of the oldest in the country, but as an Honor Unit with Distinction, Fishburne is one of only a few schools anywhere that can nominate qualified candidates to ANY of the U.S, service academies. If your son wants to attend a service academy, Fishburne offers advantages other Virginia military academies can`t equal.
- At Fishburne, Grades 9-12 are automatically enrolled in our JROTC (Junior Reserved Officer Training Corps) program every academic year, making it an integral part of the FMS experience. In addition, our summer program is one of only four summer programs in the nation that is fully accredited by the 4th Brigade, U.S. Army Cadet Command, making it a more valuable experience for our cadets.
- Fishburne Military School accreditations: SACS, VAIS, AdvancED, TABS, AMCSUS
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Fishburne Military School cost?
Fishburne Military School's tuition is approximately $37,500 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Fishburne Military School?
The acceptance rate of Fishburne Military School is 85%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%. Fishburne Military School's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Fishburne Military School offer?
Fishburne Military School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Track, Track and Field and Wrestling.
What is Fishburne Military School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Fishburne Military School?
The application deadline for Fishburne Military School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2015
Class of 2013
North Carolina State University
Class of 1999
West virginia university