Randolph-Macon Academy Photo #2 - Students apply real-world applications in modern classroom spaces, including software and hardware programming for robotics.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo #3 - R-MA's beautiful 135-acre campus is located just 1 hour away from Washington D.C. in Front Royal, Virginia.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo #5 - Students have access to several innovation labs throughout our 135-acre campus.
Randolph-Macon Academy is a co-ed private school for grades 6-12.
We offer a superior university-preparatory curriculum with an elite Air Force JROTC program preparing graduates to pursue lives of meaning and success. Every year, 100% of our graduates are accepted to the best universities around the world with the Class of 2021 graduating 50 students who received over $12.3 million in scholarships.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Roanoke College One aspect that I liked most about R-MA was the fact that the classes consisted of no more than twenty students. Having this few students in a classroom meant that as an individual student I. . .
- Virginia Tech Diversity. R-MA offers a wide range of valuable experiences and opportunities (both academic & non-academic) that will certainly propel you to your desired college/university, not to mention have you very well prepared. In. . .
- George Mason University Randolph Macon Academy is a military academy with many aspects of a non-military prep school--chapel for instance. It is also a co-ed military academy, which was great for me (being a woman!). . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|Randolph-Macon||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||United Methodist||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||135 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||292 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Air Force duty for grades 9-12; khaki pants and polo shirt for grades 6-8; all grades wear blazer once per week.)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 18
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$25 million|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Amy Harriman|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||18|
|Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP French IV, AP French V, AP German IV, AP German V, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish IV, AP Spanish V, AP Statistics, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History, Chemistry Honors, English 10 Honors, English 9 Honors, French III Honors, Geometry Honors, Geospatial Information Systems, Dual Enrolled, German 3 Honors, Honors Anatomy & Physiology, Honors Pre-Calculus (Dual-Enrolled), Spanish 3 Honors|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||26||16|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountaineering, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||2||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Flight: Learn how to fly using two school-owned Cessna Aircraft, Unmanned Aviation/Drones
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Randolph-Macon Academy is a co-ed private school for grades 6-12. We offer a superior university-preparatory curriculum with an elite Air Force JROTC program preparing graduates to pursue lives of meaning and success. Every year, 100% of our graduates are accepted to the best universities around the world with the Class of 2021 graduating 50 students who received over $12.3 million in scholarships.
- LD types supported: No
- Randolph-Macon Academy accreditations: Virginia Association of Independent Schools; Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Profile last updated: 11/03/2021
- Submit Review for Randolph-Macon Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
After months of research, school visits, interviews, and tests, you find out that you've been waitlisted. Relax. It's not the end of the world. Here's what to do.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.