Valley Forge Military Academy
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #2 - VFMA sits on a beautiful 100 acre campus in Wayne, Pa., just 16 miles from Philadelphia, and offers commuting and boarding options.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #3 - A challenging curriculum, dedicated faculty, small classes, individual attention, and faculty supervised evening study hall provides cadets with an environment conducive to attaining academic success.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #4 - As a member of the PIAA, VFMA offers Varsity and Junior Varsity sports, as well as intramural sports. VFMA offers the following sports as part of the athletic program for cadets in grades 9 through 12: football, soccer, cross-country, basketball, swimming, wrestling, lacrosse, and baseball. The Middle School competes in soccer, basketball, and baseball.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #5 - The music program at Valley Forge includes The Regimental Band, Heraldic Trumpets, Choir, and Field Music unit. The Regimental Band, which includes our Heraldic Fanfare Trumpets, has played for presidents and royalty at both military and civilian events across the globe.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #6 - One of the great strengths of VFMA is the incredible diversity of the student population. Students from around the world have attended Valley Forge in preparation for success in life.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #7 - Our cadets challenge themselves to reach new heights, overcome their fears, and face adversity with bravery and integrity. VFMA has a long tradition of instilling values and building self-confidence to prepare tomorrow`s leaders.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #8 - Also unique to the VFMA educational experience, our academically qualified high school juniors and seniors are granted the opportunity to enroll in college level classes, taken at Valley Forge Military College, on campus, at no additional charge.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo #9 - VFMAC has a strong equestrian tradition, dating back to the school`s establishment in 1928. The D Troop is a close-knit company comprised of both Academy & College cadets who are taught basic horsemanship and hunt seat equitation from the ground up. No experience is required to join the troop.
- Valley Forge Military Academy is an international leadership institution, comprised of a middle school and high school for boys in grades 7-12.
- Students are immersed in a unique educational experience centered Five Cornerstones: Academic Excellence, Personal Motivation, Character Development, Physical Development and Leadership., These cornerstones help cadets reach their academic potential to achieve success in the classroom and beyond.
- From its cadet leadership ranks to the rifle club to its award winning equestrian program, VFMAC teaches students leadership and responsibility in practical ways.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Virginia Military Institute This school is not like any other school out there. I've attended a top public school and a top boarding school and valley forge is a completely different experience. when I was applying to valley. . .
- University of South Carolina Valley Forge Military Academy is the premiere educator of character education in America today. Valley Forge's honor code and military environment teach and foster doing the right things in life when choices have to be. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Valley Forge||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||100 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||200 students||310 students|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School issued uniforms)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$20 million|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Larry D'Andrea|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Admission Ambassador, Boy Scouts, Community Service Club, Go Green Club, Ka Makani Flyers, Marine Expeditions, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Field Sports, Herald Trumpets, Make a Wish Foundation of HPA
|Year: 2010 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|U.S. Military Academy||12|
|U.S. Naval Academy||11|
|Penn State University Main Campus||8|
|Embry Riddle Aeronautical University||6|
|Valley Forge Military College||5|
|James Madison University||4|
- Valley Forge Military Academy accreditations: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States (AMCSUS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- General H. Norman Schwarzkopf '52 - Commander, Operation Desert Storm
- J.D. Salinger - Author, Catcher in the Rye
- Westley Moore - Rhodes Scholar & White House Fellow
- Larry Fitzgerald - Wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals
- LTG H.R. McMaster - Former National Security Advisor to the President Trump
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Valley Forge Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn how financial aid works in boarding schools.
The Association of Boarding Schools has a common admissions application form which simplifies the admissions application process.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.