Hill School - Review #5
About the Author:
|Home Town, State (Country)||Cresskill, NJ|
|Years Attended Boarding School||4|
|Activities During Boarding School||Dance Committee, Hilltones, Glee Club, yearly Gilbert & Sullivan productions.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The Hill was not only crucial to my education as a student, it also afforded the pleasure of learning how to be a gentleman. While I retain my "book knowledge" to a great degree, my overall approach to life remains grounded in truth in large part due to The Hill's "family" aspect.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Discipline may sound harsh to a 13-14 boy however, the boy that entered The Hill in 1973 became a young man in four short years!
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I was horribly homesick my first few months. Stick it out if you find you're homesick. Much, much better and joyful things await!
4.) What did you like most about your school?
Every single person I met from The Headmaster and his wife to guest speakers. I feel privileged and proud to have attended The Hill.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
In forty years I'm sure much has changed. However, if Welsh Rarebit is STILL on the menu, AVOID it at all costs!
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Pottstown was diverse...Sunday brunch was nearby, as we're numerous fast food places, and Sunday van trips to the malls etc.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Making friends who are still friends forty years later!
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Colorado Mesa University A smaller number of students attend the Hill School than most other boarding schools that I know of. This allows a more personal approach to be taken by the teachers and dorm parents, the. . .
- Pepperdine University The two aspects of The Hill School that make it unique are the professors' relationship with the students and the traditions at The Hill. First off, professors are involved in all aspects of school life. . .
- College of William and Mary (B.A., MBA) It's been 50 years but the school has developed a partnership with the town of Pottstown which is unique across the country. Several alumni (in my class of '67, including the Governor of Pennsylvania). . .
- Johns Hopkins University Student body is comprised of motivated individuals from a diverse background. A high ratio of advanced degree masters to students. Well endowed with a very active alumni involvement. A dynamic Headmaster. . .
- NYU The Hill was not only crucial to my education as a student, it also afforded the pleasure of learning how to be a gentleman. While I retain my "book knowledge" to a great degree, my. . .
January 16, 2018
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
January 16, 2018
Sending your son or daughter to a progressive school sounds like a real leap of faith. It is, that is, until you look more closely at the kind of education your child will receive. Then you will understand the idealism in action which progressive schools embody.
January 16, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.