Carlsbad, CA 92008
Located on the coast in San Diego, California, Army and Navy Academy is truly unique.
As a private military school with a JROTC program, Cadets are educated to a set of core values that shape all aspects of life here.
Top 5 Placements:
Listed among the top 5 military schools (out of 19 military schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|Army and Navy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||16 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||320 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||27%||19%|
|% International Students||25%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||90%||68%|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||14||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||47%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid||25%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Candace Heidenrich|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||14||16|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP French, AP Physics B, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||30||23|
|Extracurriculars||Adjutant, Anti-Bullying, ASB, Astronomy, Beta, Business, Cadets, California, Chess, Choir, Comedy, Community, Computer, Crossfit, Forensics, Game, Harvard, Honor, Interact, Key, Letterman's, Model, Multi-Cultural, National, Peer,|
|Year: 2009-2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of California, Los Angeles||8|
|United States Military Academy at West Point||7|
|University of California San Diego||6|
|University of California Davis||5|
|Penn State University||4|
|University of California Santa Barbara||4|
|University of Southern California||3|
|New York University||2|
- Our award-winning, Honor Unit with Distinction JROTC program gives the Academy the privilege of nominating Cadets directly to each of the U.S. service academies, including West Point and the Naval Academy in Annapolis.
- Our curriculum emphasizes self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility, accountability, time management, and leadership.
- With rich traditions dating back to our foundation in 1910, the Academy is proudly known as one of the premier military boarding schools in the country.
- Our teachers are trained in single-gender teaching techniques. They know and understand the ways that boys learn best, so students stay engaged in the classroom.
- The student-faculty ratio is 10:1, allowing for personalized instruction and attention that few other schools can match.Our College Counseling Office and U.C. Standard-based curriculum prepares our Cadets for success after high school, whether that is college or a service academy.
- With over 6,000 Alumni worldwide, our Alumni network is an amazing community of leaders in business, law, medicine, government, and the military.
- With 12 varsity, CIF-sanctioned sports and fun club sport options like surfing and Crossfit, there's an athletic team to fit every Cadet's interests.
- Physical activity is a key to health and an important part of each day. Cadets participate in a team sport or physical training each day after classes end.
- Our state-of-the-art Duffield Sports Complex is one of the San Diego region's most impressive athletic facilities.
- LD types supported: IEP or 504 required
- School accreditations: California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Army and Navy Academy is a college-preparatory boarding school for boys grades 7-12, with a focus on leadership, academics, and athletics.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Idyllwild, CA52500 Temecula Road P.O. Box 38
Idyllwild, CA 92549
(951) 468-722352.8 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 308 students
Claremont, CA1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909) 482-521469.9 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 407 students
San Marino, CA2800 Monterey Road
San Marino, CA 91108
79.6 mi | Gr. 6-12 | 144 students
Los Angeles, CA345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
213-400-458580.5 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 30 students
Pasadena, CA1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
626-398-238882.5 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 110 students