5.00 (6 reviews)520 Hwy. 1 North
Camden, SC 29020
Gr: (Boarding) 7-12, PG | 298 students
Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
12 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
- "The school's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy...".
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Stanly Community College I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we tried different ways even home school but I would not do the work. I was. . .
- Catawba College Camden Military Academy was a very different school. Not in the sense that it was strictly a military school, but because it has had a positive affect on me personally. As i chose to go. . .
- University of South Carolina The first unique aspect of the school is the combined military approach and the factor that not many students are allowed to attend. The way that there is a limited focus of students from. . .
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University This is a Military style boarding school. It has structure and discipline. There are mandatory study hours. Due to the small class sizes, I learned better. . .
- Defense Language Institute CMA introduced me to a structured environment, in which I was given certain expectations and was then able to work toward meeting them. I can't speak to the experience of any other boarding schools as. . .
Top 20 Placements
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 327 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||298 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$36,995||$47,400|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||16|
|Courses||33 hours of Dual Enrollment|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club, Battalion, Boy Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, CMA Archaeological Society, Drama Club, Driving School, Equestrian Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fine Arts Club, Golf Club, International Club, Jazz Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, Key Club, Newspaper (School News), Paintball, Piano/Guitar Lessons, Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team, Variety of Intramural Sports|
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS)
Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12, PG | 535 students 277.4 milesP.O. 278, 4744 James Madison Hwy
Fork Union, VA 23055
Grades: 7-12 | 530 students 181.5 miles2001 Riverside Drive
Gainesville, GA 30501
Grades: 7-12, PG | 250 students 707.5 miles204 Grand Street
Mexico, MO 65265
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.