520 Hwy. 1 North
Camden, SC 29020
Camden, SC 29020
Gr: (Boarding) 7-12, PG | 298 students
Small classes. Typically less than 15 students per class. Dual Credit (college courses) offered on campus through the University of South Carolina!
TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
12 different Varsity, JV and middle school sports as well as a variety of intramural programs are offered!
Inside the barracks (dorms), cadets may wear civilian clothes. Gaming consoles, TV's, and other personal items are allowed!!
"The school's philosophy is to develop the 'whole man' to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy...".
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Review #1 - Class of 2015Stanly Community College I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we. . .
- Review #2 - Class of 2011Catawba College Camden Military Academy was a very different school. Not in the sense that it was strictly a military school, but. . .
- Review #3 - Class of 2011University of South Carolina The first unique aspect of the school is the combined military approach and the factor that not many students are. . .
- Review #4 - Class of 2009Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University This is a Military style boarding school. It has structure and discipline. There are mandatory study hours. Due to the. . .
- Review #5 - Class of 1989Defense Language Institute CMA introduced me to a structured environment, in which I was given certain expectations and was then able to work. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||298 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$35,995||$47,425|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800||$22,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club, Battalion, Boy Scouts, Civil Air Patrol, CMA Archaeological Society, Drama Club, Driving School, Equestrian Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fine Arts Club, Golf Club, International Club, Jazz Club, JROTC, Junior Leadership, Key Club, Newspaper (School News), Paintball, Piano/Guitar Lessons, Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team, Variety of Intramural Sports|
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS)
Submit Review for Camden Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12, PG | 535 students 277.4 milesP.O. 278, 4744 James Madison Hwy
Fork Union, VA 23055
Grades: 7-12 | 530 students 181.5 miles2001 Riverside Drive
Gainesville, GA 30501
Grades: 7-12 | 170 students 281.8 miles225 S. Wayne Avenue
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Grades: 7-12, PG | 250 students 192.1 miles200 Military Drive
Chatham, VA 24531
Grades: 7-12, PG | 250 students 707.5 miles204 Grand Street
Mexico, MO 65265
October 14, 2016
"I'm wasting my time thinking about boarding school." No, you're not. Here's why.
September 19, 2016
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
September 14, 2016
Boarding schools are a subset of private schools which many people don't know much about. Here are five points to ponder as you research boarding schools.