Camden Military Academy - Review #2
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Stanly Community College|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Mt. Gilead, NC|
|Years Attended Boarding School||1|
|Activities During Boarding School||Tennis obtained 1st Sgt in short time of being at Camden. This was over personal goal of making Sgt.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we tried different ways even home school but I would not do the work. I was at that time given 3 options and he opted for Camden. (Already getting wiser) My younger brother already attending so this was helpful in this process. Camden has helped me achieve in 7 months what was going to take over 18 months at best at home. Best of all I know now what no other school had ever been able to teach. With hard work you can achieve goals you set.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Proud to be a graduate of Camden. Earning 1st Sargent. Structure is not as bad as I thought. I will use skills in my future.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have started sooner. I would have tried as many things as I could while I had the chance to explore.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
Feeling of pride and accomplishments.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Swimming pool, pizza and get to know all folks you can. Enjoy the short time you are there. Feels like forever until you are out then feels like it flew by.
1.) Describe the athletics at your school - what did you like most about it?
Able to be on a team. I am 6'4 and overweight but they accepted me and helped me learn I can play tennis and just enjoy the game. If I had been there longer I would have like to try out for football. The team seem to enjoy the game and have a brotherly connection.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
Having your own space to make our "spot" to be proud of or not so proud of. When you get "goody packs" from home and share with each other was memory I will always have. Your allowed to have food and drink in your room that was new in a great way for me.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Lots of history in town. Small movie theater. Parents like the downtown more than I did but you are not far from big city.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Hanging out with friends. Playing ball and getting pizza on Fridays.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- The Citadel A couple things that make my school unique, is the superb training in leadership and excellence. As well as the environment which pushes everyone to achieve greatness. . .
- Stanly Community College I was not doing well. Lost with no direction. Basically I was failing subjects not attending school so we tried different ways even home school but I would not do the work. I was. . .
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University; Liberty University The teachers at CMA care. They not only care about your education, but they care about your success as an individual - no matter which direction you decide to head in life. Literally. . .
- Catawba College Camden Military Academy was a very different school. Not in the sense that it was strictly a military school, but because it has had a positive affect on me personally. As i chose to go. . .
- University of South Carolina The first unique aspect of the school is the combined military approach and the factor that not many students are allowed to attend. The way that there is a limited focus of students from. . .
February 19, 2018
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
February 13, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
January 12, 2018