Forman School - Review #1
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||purdue university|
|Home Town, State (Country)||weston , CT|
|Years Attended Boarding School||4|
|Activities During Boarding School||I was the president of the fast club my junior and senior year which was planning the weekend activities and i was also in national honor society my junior and senior year and was liaison my senior , i was also head prefect for the girls my senior year and just a prefect my junior year, I was captain of basketball and tennis both my junior and senior year and soccer my senior year.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The school felt like home. I know everyone and I know it sounds cliche but it was it was my home away from home. I had dorm parents who I respected like parent. They took care of us. we were all so close our graduating class was amazing we all hung out every single one of us had hung out with each other at some point at time. these bonds i made here will last a life time and i so grateful that i went there.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
the best thing i can remember is my sophomore year dorm all the girls were super close. we all hung out and got a long it was 8 of us and it was amazing our dorm parents where good it was overall a good year.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have given more free time we didn't have much free time overall it was good.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
the people where amazing and the teachers as well.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Remember to stay positive and just have fun!
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
I had this one teacher who used to have interactive power points though this program. he would have us open the program at the begin of classes and as class went on the power point was on our iPad screen and we could send in answer via iPad and they would show up on the teachers board and we could disuse how each was right or wrong it was super cool and made class go by very fast!
1.) Describe the athletics at your school - what did you like most about it?
I was part of 3 sports teams basketball, tennis and soccer. I started sports at forman not knowing what to expect and I quickly learned how expecting they are of everyone and everyones abilities and we have amazing coaches I started tennis my freshman year and by my senior year i was number 2 singles which shows how they worked to teach us how to be better. soccer and basketball were sports i have played since i was young and i was so happy with formans program so expecting and fun i was able to improve and help others learn basic skills.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
I loved the dorms there were always girls everywhere and people to hang out with or just talk to. there was always tons of food and tons of movies, the girls in my dorm usually ended up being my best friends. living with a roommate i loved i loved having someone around 95% of the time it was always someone to hang out with.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
the town is super cute, cute stores and dunking donuts is always a good place to hang out and lot of pizza places
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
they people are good, i had amazing friends and we had tons of fun sitting on the green going to movies or just hang out in johns place we seemed to always be laughing and having good time.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- purdue university The school felt like home. I know everyone and I know it sounds cliche but it was it was my home away from home. I had dorm parents who I respected like parent. They took. . .
- Clarkson University There are two specific things that make Forman unique. The first being the location of the school. The second benign the immense about of different programs and extracurricular star Forman had to offer. . .
- Bryant University Forman was a transformative experience for me, both in terms of my education and my personal development. Also, Forman's small size, quaint campus and close-nit community made warming up to a new place and people. . .
- New England college I felt the school made me feel like I still had family there that cared about me even though it was my immediate family I have acquired some great friends and relationships . The teaching. . .
- Parsons School of Design Forman School is a unique school as it specializes in students that have some form of learning disability. With one on one classes and individual support students have the full support of the faculty and. . .
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.