New Mexico Military Institute - Review #5
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Eastern New Mexico Unversity|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Liberal , KS|
|Years Attended Boarding School||3|
|Activities During Boarding School||Mounted Cavalry. No longer offered.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The military environment is very conducive to scholastics and athletic excellence.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
I learned to respect but not blindly bow down to authority. I rebelled but maintained an ordered lifestyle. Many tours were marched.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have done nothing differently. My advice to new kids...LISTEN and HEAR
4.) What did you like most about your school?
I loved the horses and living a structured life.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
There are many secret places on Post. The history is amazing. The ghosts of past cadets can be heard. Truly a positive experience if you want it to be. But be prepared for some hardships and homesickness. This will make you stronger in life.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Roswell is a hard town with a lot of crime but the Institute is a very safe place and most town folks are friendly to cadets.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
The social life began on weekends. If you did well during the week, you will have free time. The local girls were friendly. The best social occasions happened when I went home on furlough but the friends I made are lifelong.
|6:30 AM||March to Breakfast Role Call|
|8:00 AM||Classes until 3:30|
|3:30 PM||Team sports or Intermural sports|
|5:00 PM||clean up and get ready for Supper Role Call|
|6:00 PM||Free time|
|7:00 PM||Study Hall|
|10:00 PM||Lights out of Late Lights for studying|
|6:00 AM||Weekends are usually free but there might be an activity planned like an inspection or Pass and Review|
|12:00 PM||I usually went to a local resturant for a second breakfast|
|10:00 AM||Call to Quarters and Taps|
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- New Mexico Military Institute New Mexico Military Institute (NMMI) is one of the few schools that is Army based, High School and Junior College, as well as Early Commissioning Program (ECP) Senior Reserved Officers Training Corps (SROTC). As a. . .
- Texas Tech University First of all, this is a military boarding school. Military discipline is strictly enforced throughout the year and uniforms are worn daily. Every building on campus has the same architecture and this really creates a. . .
- Colorado school of mines The military environment supported rigorous academics as well as athletics and active extracurricular activities. Its location in the American Southwest provides a unique experience from traditional boarding schools back east.. . .
- New Mexico Military Institute One aspect of New Mexico Military Institute that makes it unique is the way it is run. It is run by a cadet chain of command which is set up just like the military. First. . .
- Eastern New Mexico Unversity The military environment is very conducive to scholastics and athletic excellence. . .
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.