Gainesville, GA 30501
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Fri., October 10, 2014 - get more information!
- Open House - Sun., December 07, 2014 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., February 20, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., April 17, 2015 - get more information!
Kim is a National Merit Scholar - 08/08/2014 -
RMA Class of 2014 graduate DoYeun Kim has been designated as a 2014 National Merit Scholarship Finalist.
Around 1.5 million juniors from over 22,00o high schools entered the 59th annual National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the 2012 ...more
Top 10 Placements:
Listed among the top 10 schools with > 400 students (out of 105 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|Riverside Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||206 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||475 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||25%||18%|
|% International Students||28%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||90%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||1456||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||20||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
|Average Class Size||14 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:14||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||9||15|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||67%||66%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$46 million||$15 million|
|Tuition international students||$36,300||$44,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid||30%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||MAJ James Corbin, USAR|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||9||15|
|Chemistry||English Language & Composition|
|English Literature & Composition||Physics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Drill Team, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||24|
|Extracurriculars||Academic Bowl Team, Advanced Multimedia Club, Boy Scouts of America, Color Guard, Debate Team, Drama Group, Drill Team, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Honor Council, Horton Society, International Club, Jewish Students Association, Junior Engineering Technical Society (JETS) Club, Korean Fellowship Club, Library Forum, Literary Society, Music Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Peer Tutoring Association, Raider Team, Robotics Club, Science National Honor Society, Yearbook (The Bayonet)|
|Year: 2012-2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Savannah College of Art and Design||5|
|University of California||5|
|Georgia Southern University||4|
|North Georgia College and State University||4|
|U.S. Military Academy - West Point||3|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||2|
|Illinois Institute of Technology||2|
|Marion Military Institute||2|
|Embry Riddle Aeronautical University||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Dr. James H. Benson,Col. USMC (Ret) became the president of Riverside Military Academy on June 1, 2009. Colonel Benson was the 15th president of Marion Military Institute, Marion, Alabama from July 15, 2004 to May 31, 2009. Colonel Benson retired from the Marine Corps in 1995. He served as the Vice President for administration at Bridgewater College until 2004. Colonel Benson received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Bridgewater College and holds a Master of Science Degree from the University of Tennessee, a Master of Public Administration Degree from Penn State University, and the doctorate in Higher Education Administration from The George Washington University. He is also a graduate of the Armed Forces Staff College and the Army War College. Colonel Benson’s military career included assignments as Commanding Officer, JTF-129, Special Operations Counter-terrorism Joint Task Force; Commanding Officer, Sixth Marine Regiment; and Chief of Staff/Assistant Division Commander of the Second Marine Division. He is a decorated combat veteran of the Vietnam War. In 2007, Colonel Benson completed a book published by Trafford Publishing Company entitled, So You Want to be a Leader? He and his wife Mary have a daughter, Catherine R. Benson,and a son, James H. Benson II.
- Through the academy's military structure, cadets learn self-discipline, honor, and leadership skills.
- Riverside's Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC)has been designated as a JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction for over 75 years. This means that Riverside can recommend up to 5 cadets per year to the 5 federal service academies.
- Riverside also offers a "Dual Enrollment" program. For qualified senior cadets, they can enroll and take online college courses while taking classes simultaneously at Riverside.
- Riverside offers a Georgia Driver's Education course for young men who would like to obtain their Driver's License. In addition, we also offer a Flight Program for young men interested in obtaining their pilot's license.
- Riverside offers a 4 week summer school program each year called Summer Opportunity and Academic Review (S.O.A.R.).
- Riverside is located one hour north of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The Commadant's office can make shuttle arrangments for our cadets needing transportation to and from the airport.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- School accreditations: SACS;SAIS;NAIS;TABS;SABS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Howard Kalmenson - Founder, president, and CEO of Lotus Communications Corporation
- Leroy Raffel - Co-founder of Arby’s Restaurant
- Luis Proenza - President, University of Akron
- Governor Felix Gonzales Canto - Governor, State of Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Tommy Prothro - Former coach of the LA Rams and San Diego Chargers
- ADM. David McDonald - Former U.S. Chief of Naval Operations (1963-1967)
- Judge E.J. Salcines - Retired Judge, Florida Appellate Court
- Mike Neveaux - Retired Chief Pilot, Los Angeles Police Dept. Air Support Division
- Jeffrey Weiner - Criminal Trial Lawyer-Miami, FL
- Peter Lyons - Retired Lawyer, California; Author
- School Location Miles Students Grades
AtlantaBrandon Hall School
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA, 30350
770-394-817735.9 mi | 200 students | Gr. 6-12
Tallulah FallsTallulah Falls School
PO Box 249
Tallulah Falls, GA, 30573
706-754-040037.2 mi | 425 students | Gr. 6-12
Rabun GapRabun Gap-Nacoochee School
339 Nacoochee Drive
Rabun Gap, GA, 30568
706-746-772050.3 mi | 405 students | Gr. 5-12
1014 Cave Spring Road, SW
Rome, GA, 30161
800-36-TIGER77.3 mi | 815 students | Gr. Pre-K-12
414 Brymer Creek Rd
McDonald, TN, 37353
423-479-452384 mi | 31 students | Gr. 6-12