|Definition of Terms
| 2013 School Data
Boarding School Avg.
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered.||Post-Graduate Only||7-12|
(Co-ed day school)
|Support for ADD/ADHD Students||Yes||Yes|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||50 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||180 students||300 students|
|Percent Students of Color||23%||18%|
|Percent International Students||4%||20%|
|Percent Students Boarding||99%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||1417||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||15|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||36%||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$5 million||$15 million|
|Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students)||$47,000||$46,950|
|Yearly Tuition (Day Students)||$29,000||$26,280|
|Percent Students on Financial Aid||60%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Chris Webb|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Cory McClure|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Total Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||13|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Big Brothers||Diversity Club|
|Peer Tutoring||Student Government|
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Located on a fifty-acre campus in the Maine foothills of the White Mountains, Bridgton Academy offers a skills-based, core curriculum, which emphasizes writing, critical reading, and computation. Students work with the academic dean to design a course of study which meets the individual needs of each student.
- College Articulation Program (CAP) - Through a partnership with four colleges in the Northeast, Bridgton Academy offers the College Articulation Program in which qualified students may take courses on the Academy's campus which may be transferable for college credit.
- Focused Academic Coaching (FAC) - For students with documented learning disabilities, Bridgton Academy offers the Focused Academic Coaching program which has been modeled after successful college support programs designed to develop self-advocacy skills, compensatory strategies, and study skills in students.
- SAT Preparatory Program - Bridgton Academy offers an SAT Prep Program during the first semester. This program is taught by trained professionals and is taken in addition to a student's normal course load. Both the SAT and the ACT are administered on campus in November, December, January, and February, and students have the option of taking either exam if they wish.
- Writing Program - At Bridgton Academy, writing is the cornerstone of the curriculum: it is required in every course. To prepare students for the demands of college writing, the Academy has a Writing Center staffed by members of the faculty during the school day who are available to students for one-on-one help at any point in the writing process, on any writing assignment. There is a Basic Writing course, which is taken in addition to the required English courses, for students who have had very little writing instruction prior to enrolling at Bridgton Academy.
- Competetive Athletic Program - Bridgton Academy offers both interscholastic competition in nine sports, and intramural participation in several. Because students are postgraduate young men, our athletic teams play against some of New England's finest college and university freshman and junior varsity (JV) teams, as well as other prep schools. College opponents have included: Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Bowdoin, Columbia, Colgate, Boston University, and Tufts. Prep school opponents have included: Phillips Andover, Phillips Academy of Exeter, Buckingham, Brown and Nichols, Army Prep, and Navy Prep.
- LD types supported: Learning Disbility, ADD/ADHD
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Facebook School Page:
Gr. 9-12 | Co-Ed | 12.8 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | Co-Ed | 16.0 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | Co-Ed | 21.6 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | Co-Ed | 40.5 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | Co-Ed | 43.7 mi. away