Camden, SC 29020
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Sun., October 11, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Mon., October 12, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Thu., October 15, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., October 17, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Mon., October 26, 2015 - get more information!
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|Camden Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||121 acres|
|Enrollment||302 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||23%||20%|
|% International Students||7%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||100%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||1050||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Less than once a month|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(civilian clothes are allowed during free time)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||18||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||50%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid||30%||35%|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,800||$20,255|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Robert Casey Robinson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club/ Lessons, Batallion Staff, Boy Scouts of America, Civil Air Patrol, CMA Archaeological Society, Drama Club, Driving School, Equestrian, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Fine Arts Club, Golf, International Club, Jazz Band, JROTC, Junior Leadership, KEY Club, Newspaper (School News), Paintball, Piano/Guitar Lessons, Robotics Team, Skateboarding, Social Media Team, Variety of Intramural Sports|
- The school's philosophy is to develop the "whole man" to the end that he is prepared not only academically, but also emotionally, physically, and morally, to face the trials and meet the opportunities that will be his after he leaves Camden Military Academy.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, CAPD, ADD/ADHD, Other mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), National Association of Colleges and Schools (NAIS), American Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMSCUS)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
26.2 mi | Gr. K-12 | 350 students7401 Monticello Rd.
Columbia, SC 29203
129.5 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 171 students500 East Salem Avenue
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
133.7 mi | Gr. 8-12 | 260 students500 Christ School Road
Asheville, NC 28704
136.2 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 145 students4334 Hobbs Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
144 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 287 students360 Asheville School Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806