Darlington School - Review #5
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||COLUMBUS STATE UNIVERSITY|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Columbus, GA|
|Years Attended Boarding School||2|
|Activities During Boarding School||Yearbook staff, one act play, honor council, softball manager, resident assistant , band|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The care and attention I received at darlington was amazing. There was no time to be home sick! The day students embraced me as a local and in addition to advanced studies, I learned how to be independent I'm a safe and nurturing environment!
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
I learned about me as a person. I learned how to get along with people I liked and those I didn't. Sharing responsibility and supporting friends were instilled in me and carried me in to adulthood.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have gone all four years instead of two. If you truly desire to be successful, boarding school opens many doors and is an experience not to be missed.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
I was a legacy student but my dad had been a day student, not a dorm student. The traditions are longstanding at darlington and we now we both share them--very cool!
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Just be you! There's a natural direction for anyone at darlington. .. find your people and know that you will probably still be friends for years to come!
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
Moving from public school to the high standards at darlington was scary. I learned how to study and felt more prepared for college. The advisors and teaching staff made sure I always had help of I needed it and gave me stretch assignments when needed.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
Our dorm mom's and dad's were great. They allowed us our own time to grow but we're very supportive if we preferred just hanging out with them. Being an RA gave me great leadership experience and readied me for college.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Rome is a great town with some fun things to do. It's also close enough to Atlanta or Chattanooga for a quick trip to bigger malls or chain restaurants. We all had a sponsor family which gave us another chance to have that family nearby even if our real family wasn't.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
We always had things going on. Weekends had choices of trips or events and the staff encouraged impromptu outdoor games or gatherings. Birthdays celebrations were special too!
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Georgia state University The campus is breathtakingly beautiful. Complete with its own lake and full brick buildings from the dorms to the classrooms. There was never a dull day on campus because just sitting out around with friends. . .
- Birmingham Southern College Walking onto the campus and seeing the beautiful architecture and landscape of Darlington is absolutely a highlight of the school. You feel like you've been transported somewhere incredibly quaint and special. One thing that I. . .
- University of Kentucky I thought it was very unique how my school would pair boarding students with families of day students who lived in the area and attended the school in order to give the boarding students opportunities. . .
- Georgia Southern University Darlington School equipped me with the tools necessary to be not only successful in college, but in life. I feel that I was prepared to step out into the world and be a confident contributor. . .
- COLUMBUS STATE UNIVERSITY The care and attention I received at darlington was amazing. There was no time to be home sick! The day students embraced me as a local and in addition to advanced studies, I learned how. . .
August 14, 2018
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.