Idyllwild Arts Academy - Review #4
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Dominican University of California|
|Home Town, State||Veracruz|
|Years Attended Boarding School||4|
|Activities During Boarding School||I was a dance major for four years. My experience was incredible and my dancing improved more than I could have asked for.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
The fact that Idyllwild Arts is located in the middle of mountain I think it is the most unique aspect about this school. The teachers plus the environment make a perfect combination for an artist to grow and find inspiration. Everyone cares about each and every single person. It is more like a family.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
I think being at Idyllwild all high school made me a more open person and also a more responsible and wise person. I not only learn to do my laundry and clean my room but also to deal with problems by myself and it taught me to reach for help when I need to.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would not have done anything differently because everything taught me something. My advice would be enjoy your time there because I will for sure miss it.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
I love the environment and the people at Idyllwild and I would still call it my second home.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Enjoy the view and the art because there is no other place like Idyllwild.
1.) Describe the arts program at your school - what did you like most about it?
I got to see and get inspired by Visual Arts Galleries, music recitals, and theatre plays almost every week. The amount of talent in this school is huge and we get to learn and get inspired from our peers
1.) Describe the extracurriculars offered at your school - what did you like most about it?
There were many clubs and events happening every weekend and during the week sometimes. People got the opportunity to create their own club and share their interests and passions with other students.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Idyllwild is one of the most beatiful towns I have even been to. There is no other place like it. The food is amazing, there are trees and nature everywhere and the people are nice and welcoming.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Social life at idyllwild was one of the most amazing things about the school. Everyone and I mean everyone can make a friend really easily. In my four years I never ever saw a single person who did not have at least one or two friends, everyone found someone that shared the same passion for art or someone with similar struggles and that made the community really peaceful.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Chapman University Living on campus surrounds you with your education and makes you think about it in the context of your life in a more efficient way than traditional high school. The arts focus offers more connection. . .
- I will attend the University of British Columbia. The school is highly international, so my closest friends were from all over the world. The diversity created a really unique class dynamic with perspectives I never would've thought of. The arts focus was also. . .
- Tufts University The close student/teacher relationships Natural environment to hike and live in Arts focus . . .
- Dominican University of California The fact that Idyllwild Arts is located in the middle of mountain I think it is the most unique aspect about this school. The teachers plus the environment make a perfect combination for an artist. . .
- Hiram College Idyllwild Arts Academy is truly a unique experience. There are just over 300 students, so your friends and even acquaintances really become like family. I personally really like the way that the schedule works. Being. . .
What makes some schools really better than others? What makes them the best schools?
"I'm wasting my time thinking about boarding school." No, you're not. Here's why.
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.