Riverside Military Academy - Review #1
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Belmont university|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Macon, GA|
|Years Attended Boarding School||5|
|Activities During Boarding School||Graduated as a second lieutenant I'm the corp. Member of varsity crew Band and chorus member for 4 years|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
Riverside Military Academy was one of the best experiences of my life. It taught me the values of hard work and camaraderie. Along with giving me the opportunity to travel across three nation and even to Europe. Wonderful experience that I wouldn't trade for anything
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
I feel like being a cadet gave me a sense of respect and honor. By putting cadets in leadership positions, the cadets learn core values of being a leader. I wouldn't be the person I am today without riverside
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would not fight the system. The rules may not seem fair, but every rule was for a reason.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The friends that I made from all over the world were truly the best I ever had. To this day I keep up with them and I even love with 2 of them in my apartment.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
My advice is to just go with the flow. The system is gonna try to fight you but if you let it and learn from it you'll be fine.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
The best part about being in Gainesville Georgia was going to lake Lanier and being able to enjoy the beautiful scenery
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
I'll never forget going to my best friends room with our closest friends and putting all our money in together to order Chinese food. Those nights were great. I still talk to all those guys even 2 years after graduating
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Belmont university Riverside Military Academy was one of the best experiences of my life. It taught me the values of hard work and camaraderie. Along with giving me the opportunity to travel across three nation and. . .
- Georgia Institute of Technology Ricerside is an all-male Military Academy so there is mandatory participation in the JROTC program 24/7. So the structure and disciplinary aspects of the school certainly help graduates stand out, especially if they have any. . .
- Appalachian State University The ROTC program helped shape the framework of how Riverside operates, and as a "Military Academy" it of course had to have that component. This really helped with the direction the education took as well. . .
- Bethel College(now Bethel University Riverside is arguably the finest military boarding school in America. RMA has modern,and overall superior facilities,with ever expanding opportunities to utilize them. The faculty is carefully screened in order to have great academics. All of. . .
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute Cadets at RMA were responsible for many aspects of day-to-day life including discipline, dorm conduct, military drills and inspections all focused on leadership development. . .
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.