PO Box 292
North Bridgton, ME 04057
North Bridgton, ME 04057
Tel: 207-647-3322 x1
Gr: (Boarding) 11-12, PG | 200 students
The library, in our New Humanities Center, is a great place to conduct research, study, or to talk with friends in one of our group study rooms. The view alone is worth the visit to the library!
Each year, approximately 85% of our student body is involved in athletics. Just like in college, our students will play and / or practice year-round in most sports.
With class-size on average around 10, our students are afforded individualized attention outside the classroom to help foster academic confidence and better college preparation.
Founded in 1808, Bridgton Academy is the only accredited preparatory school in the United States exclusively offering a repeat Junior (11th grade) for internationnal students, Senior (12th grade), and a postgraduate (PG) year* (13th grade).
Bridgton Academy is committed to challenging and helping our young men develop the academic skills, study skills, self-discipline, and self-confidence necessary to succeed in college.
Bridgton Academy offers a liberal arts curriculum, with many courses eligible for transferrable college credit in our College Articulation Program (CAP).
Because our students are older, we are able to emulate the college environment and experience, yet with more structure and support than they would have in college.
Consequently, the Bridgton Academy year is a true transition year - a Year That Makes The Difference in a student's success in college and beyond.
Want to see what life is like at Bridgton Academy through a student's and his parent's perspective? Click and watch the videos: http://bridgtonacademy.org/admissions/bridging-the-gap/.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Bridgton Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||11-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||50 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||200 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1410 - 2200||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$5 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$49,500||$47,425|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$14,500||$22,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Chris Webb|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jamie White|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||23|
|Extracurriculars||Big/Little Siblings, Diversity Club, Newspaper, Outing Club, Peer Tutoring, Student Government, Student Publications, Weightlifting, Yearbook|
- Located on a fifty-acre campus in the Maine foothills of the White Mountains, Bridgton Academy offers a skills-based, core curriculum, which emphasizes writing, critical reading, and computation. Students work with the academic dean to design a course of study which meets the individual needs of each student.
- College Articulation Program (CAP) - Through a partnership with four colleges in the Northeast, Bridgton Academy offers the College Articulation Program in which qualified students may take courses on the Academy's campus which may be transferable for college credit.
- Focused Academic Coaching (FAC) - Open to all students, but especially for those with documented learning disabilities, Bridgton Academy offers the Focused Academic Coaching program which has been modeled after successful college support programs designed to develop self-advocacy skills, compensatory strategies, and study skills in students.
- SAT Preparatory Program - Bridgton Academy offers an SAT Prep Program during the first semester. This program is taught by trained professionals and is taken in addition to a student's normal course load. Both the SAT and the ACT are administered on campus in November, December, January, and February, and students have the option of taking either exam if they wish.
- Writing Program - At Bridgton Academy, writing is the cornerstone of the curriculum: it is required in every course. To prepare students for the demands of college writing, the Academy has a Writing Center staffed by members of the faculty during the school day who are available to students for one-on-one help at any point in the writing process, on any writing assignment. There is a Basic Writing course, which is taken in addition to the required English courses, for students who have had very little writing instruction prior to enrolling at Bridgton Academy.
- Competetive Athletic Program - Bridgton Academy offers both interscholastic competition in nine sports, and intramural participation in several. Because students are 12 - PG young men, our athletic teams play against some of New England's finest college and university freshman and junior varsity (JV) teams, as well as other prep schools. College opponents have included: Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Bowdoin, Columbia, Colgate, Boston University, and Tufts. Prep school opponents have included: Phillips Andover, Phillips Academy of Exeter, Buckingham, Brown and Nichols, Army Prep, and Navy Prep.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences, ADD/ADHD
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Submit Review for Bridgton Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 118.2 miles39 School Street, P.O. Box 8000
Ashburnham, MA 01430
Grades: 9-12, PG | 358 students 43.7 miles80 Academy Drive
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603) 569-720043.79-12, PG358
Grades: 9-12, PG | 409 students 193.5 miles500 Old Farms Road
Avon, CT 06001
Grades: 9-12, PG | 650 students 144.2 miles7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 9-12, PG | 399 students 193.8 miles245 North Undermountain Road
Sheffield, MA 01257
October 14, 2016
"I'm wasting my time thinking about boarding school." No, you're not. Here's why.
September 19, 2016
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
September 14, 2016
Boarding schools are a subset of private schools which many people don't know much about. Here are five points to ponder as you research boarding schools.