Choate Rosemary Hall - Review #2
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Brown University|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Westport, CT, CT|
|Years Attended Boarding School||4|
|Activities During Boarding School||Girls Thirds Soccer, Girls Ice Hockey, Strength and Conditioning Training, Bell Choir, Pop Skate|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
Choate has a welcoming and diverse student body. It is the perfect size student body and the perfect size campus. It is a tight knit community and in my experience felt supported personally, academically, and athletically.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Choate made me a stronger student and prepared me for college; without this education I would not have been able to succeed at an Ivy League institution. Along with my extra curriculars, my experience at Choate helped me to develop my time management skills which helped in college and now beyond.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
Enjoy every moment. There's going to be pressure everywhere you go after high school - it's finding a college, then finding an internship, then finding a job or grad school, and so on and so forth. High school is the time to be social, find friends, and find your passion.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The community made it enjoyable everyday - the opportunity to be surrounded by warm, friendly, and intelligent peers is not something everyone gets to experience. To be afforded that opportunity is a luxury as it allows you to be yourself.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Definitely make your way to Archie Moore's and Mr. D's!
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
The work load is challenging at first but once I became accustomed to the expectations it was easier to manage. I spent greater than one hour in each subject with homework or studying for an exam. The size of the classes made it much easier to learn and to develop a connection with my teachers - of which were more than happy to review materials or help me to prepare for an upcoming test.
1.) Describe the athletics at your school - what did you like most about it?
I felt fully supported and appreciate the investment that Choate has put into their athletic programs especially at the Varsity level. We have beautiful facilities and top notch coaches. I think a big aspect of the athletic program that made me proud to pull on a Choate jersey is the culture of the institution - it is a place where excellence is expected and achieved.
1.) Describe the arts program at your school - what did you like most about it?
My experience with the music program was excellent! Very knowledgeable and fun instructors made for a great experience. Like the athletic program, it is clear that Choate is invested in their Visual Arts, Music, and Theatre programs.
1.) Describe the extracurriculars offered at your school - what did you like most about it?
There were so many opportunities to volunteer and give back at Choate. It was a mandatory requirement to have community service hours but when tasked with this requirement it helped to broaden my understanding. I thoroughly enjoyed all my experiences volunteering.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Wallingford is a safe environment. The little shops around campus are cute little places and definitely good hang out spots.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Lots of people from different areas of the world and different backgrounds - but yet I found most everyone to be welcoming and friendly. I didn't think of it as this person from New York or this person from California it was just Choate.
|7:00 AM||Wake Up|
|8:00 AM||Class 1|
|9:00 AM||Class 2|
|11:00 AM||Class 3|
|1:00 PM||Class 4|
|8:00 PM||Studying/ Clubs|
|9:00 AM||Wake Up/ Breakfast|
|5:00 PM||Return & Dinner/Hang Out|
|7:00 PM||Hang Out|
|9:00 PM||Weekend Activity|
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Georgetown university Choate encourages every student to strive for self actualization within a challenging yet nurturing environment. Throughout my four years here, I received through instruction in literary classics, as well ancient and modern languages. I believe. . .
- Brown University Choate has a welcoming and diverse student body. It is the perfect size student body and the perfect size campus. It is a tight knit community and in my experience felt supported personally, academically, and. . .
- Columbia University I think Choate is a lot less traditional than many of its peer schools, which was one of my favorite things about the schools. Choate has an open campus, so it's not as isolated or. . .
- Boston College Choate has a large campus but many of the dorms are close together which creates an awesome, close-knit community. It also has one of the best reputations for boarding schools in New England which makes. . .
- New York University It is a coeducational college-preparatory boarding school that focuses on small classes and extracurriculars. Choate features many signature programs such as the Science Research Program, Capstone, Directed Study, Term Abroad, and Environmental Immersion Program. Environmental. . .
August 14, 2018
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.