Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall
- With a history that goes back more than 175 years, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is a small, coeducational day and boarding school for students in grades 9 to 12 and postgraduate.
- Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall offers a unique, challenging college preparatory curriculum in addition to an array of arts, athletics, and other dynamic opportunities for students to discover new interests and reach their individual potentials.
- Our 40-acre, gorgeous, tree-lined campus is just 10 miles from Boston, boasting a location that allows students to immerse themselves in various cultural opportunities throughout the school year.
- CH-CH is home to a diverse group of students from a multitude of states and countries who share the desire and potential to achieve greater academic success, while our experienced, dedicated and creative faculty shares the responsibility of teaching the way our students learn.
- CH-CH students find a learning environment that is academically challenging and innovative, coupled with the option of receiving additional academic help within our cohesive Skills and Academic Support program.
- All aspects of life at CH-CH, from weekly teacher-written progress reports to an individualized approach to college counseling, are student-centered. Our encouraging, compassionate and supportive community climate fosters leadership, respect, creative thinking and independence in our students.
- The primary focus of our active curriculum and environment is to successfully prepare our students for college, and beyond. We are dedicated to differentiated classroom instruction, and have developed a "multiple intelligences" approach to teaching and learning which allows us to focus on providing students with a range of engaging learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Wentworth Institute Of Technology At CHCH the multiple intelligences approach to teaching is utilized. This allows students to learn from a new approach. What really sets our school apart is the sense of community. Being a school of such. . .
- Ithaca College Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall (CHCH) caters specifically to students learning needs. All teachers base their methods on Howard Gardner's learning style of "multiple intelligences." CHCH really puts places emphasis in different ways of learning. Also available. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Chapel Hill-Chauncy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||180 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1150||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$2.57 million||$19 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,000||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$38,530||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Lisa Pelrine|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Susie Horan|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|Courses||Advanced 2-D Design, Advanced French Studies, Advanced Physics, Advanced French Studies, Advanced Photography, Advanced Spanish Studies, Advanced Wheel Throwing, AP Calculus A/B, AP Environmental Science, AP Literature and Composition, AP Studio Art, AP US Government and Politics, Calculus II, Honors Algebra II with Trig, Honors Precalculus|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Admission Tour Guides, Diversity Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), International Student Club, National Honor Society, Social Media Intern, Student Government, Student Newspaper, Students of Color Alliance, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
|Year: 2015 - 2017||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|College of the Holy Cross||4|
|Rochester Institute of Technology||4|
|Franklin and Marshall College||2|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||2|
|University of Hartford||2|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Skills and Academic Support Program with seamless integration into the curriculum
- Day and Boarding
- English Language Learners Program
- Weekly Advisory
- Multiple Intelligence Approach to teaching and learning
- Grade Level Programs
- Student/Faculty Advisory Program
- Community Service Requirements & Cultural Opportunities
- Summer Camp Programs - Running Brook Day Camp, Adventures Program for teens, Art Camp
- Fine Arts Certificate Program
- Math and Science Certificate Program
- Independent Study Opportunities
- 'Spring Term' Experiential Learning Program
- Summer College Counseling Bootcamp
- 100% College/University Placement
- Individualized College Counseling
- LD types supported: Yes
- Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall accreditations: NAIS, TABS, AISNE, NEASC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.