- Among "Military Schools", view the boarding schools with the largest endowments (2020).
- Boarding schools that have larger students bodies or older histories are more likely to have larger endowments than other schools (since they have had more alumni over the years to donate funds).
- Schools with lower endowments still often have excellent facilities and resources for students, but simply have not yet had the time or alumni base to build up endowments equivalent to older, larger schools.
- Endowment per student is another metric for comparing endowments between schools of different size.
- Smaller schools can often have a larger endowment per student figure than larger schools.
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Centennial Flame honoring all NMMI alumnae past and present burns brightly to underscore the Institute motto: Duty, Honor, Achievement.
Riverside Military Academy Photo - Riverside Military Academy cadet officers stand at attention during a parade on Maginnis Field.
Fork Union Military Academy Photo - The cadets in parade formation. The first full dress parade of the year begins usually at the end of April and is on Sunday.
Valley Forge Military Academy Photo - VFMA offers college preparatory academics, credentialed faculty, competitive PIAA athletics, and individual attention, providing cadets with an environment focused on their academic success.
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy Photo - Leadership training is one of the cornerstones of life at SJNMA. The goal of the Academy is to prepare each of our students for success in life by instilling in them a solid work ethic, an understanding of the value of integrity and teamwork, and the ability to think critically, communicate well, and function in a diverse and ever-changing world.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo - Randolph-Macon Academy's Flight Program includes a drone class called Unmanned Flight Operations. Students finish with the knowledge base for the FAA exam so they can obtain their commercial drone license if they so desire. This class is just one of the innovative offerings at R-MA.
Largest Endowments (2020)
Among Military Schools (out of 9 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School Endowment ($ M) Grades Location
Top School Listings by Category (2020)
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.