Missouri Military Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
204 Grand Street
Mexico, MO 65265
Mexico, MO 65265
Missouri Military Academy Photo #2 - Missouri Military Academy is a preparatory school with a military tradition that prepares boys for leadership in college and career via our 360 Degree Education. We are located in the heart of the Midwest in the quaint community of Mexico, Missouri, on a stunning 288-acre campus.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #3 - Established in 1889, Missouri Military Academy has transformed young men into leaders who are well-educated, prepared gentlemen of character. Our long history and distinct traditions inspire a sense of pride and duty among the young men who seek to fulfill their potential at MMA.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #4 - Academics are high priority at MMA, with college acceptance and success as the goal for students. Students thrive here thanks to individual attention from faculty and small class sizes. Many advanced courses, including dual credit and Advanced Placement, are available. Our faculty come from around the world, and more than 75 percent of them have a graduate degree.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #5 - Missouri Military Academy is the only school of its kind to offer the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, one of the world's top youth achievement awards. This program incorporates a long list of skill development opportunities and offers a component called the Adventurous Journey, which is a life-changing experience for cadets.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #6 - A cadet at MMA will make life-long friends with boys from around the world. Currently, MMA has cadets from 25 states and 10 foreign countries.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #7 - Athletics and physical development are important parts of our 360 Degree Education. Through 10 varsity sports and an extensive intramural program, cadets learn the value of teamwork, discipline and dedication, becoming leaders on and off the field. First-class sports facilities include a spacious field house with an indoor track, two weight rooms, rifle range, an indoor swimming pool, and more.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #8 - At MMA, students can broaden their skills and experiences. Elective courses and activities include band, drama, chorus, art and web design. Outside of the classroom, students can earn a private pilot's license via our aviation program. SCUBA, WWII reenactment, rifle team, photography and fencing...these are just a few more unique activities available to cadets.
- Missouri Military Academy is a preparatory school with a military tradition that is focused on academic excellence and the development of leadership and character for boys in grades 7-12 and PG. We offer a 360-Degree Education that promotes academic excellence, physical development, good character, personal motivation and leadership. Missouri Military Academy graduates have been accepted to some of the finest colleges and universities in America, including the prestigious U.S. service academies. Located in the quaint midwestern community of Mexico, Missouri, our beautiful 288-acre campus provides a safe, supportive learning and growing environment for young men from around the world.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Memphis State University Discipline and a focus on critical thinking is taught at MMA. Esprit de Corps is high among the Corps of Cadets there and supports a group as well as an individual effort to succeed. . .
- SIUE It was extremely rigorous scholastically. The slightest infraction of drinking or drugs meant immediate expulsion. The best thing about it was that the structure greatly reduce peer pressures. It was as close to a. . .
- Westminster/University of Florida Thorough and concentrated College Preparatory courses, many of which exceeded the requirements of the same subject when I went on to college. The education provided by Missouri Military Academy is one of the best in. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Missouri Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||288 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||220 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1148||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform of the day)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:11||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||9||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$49 million||$20 million|
(Plus uniform and other fees.)
(Plus uniform and other fees.)
|Tuition international students||$39,600||$48,100|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||16000||$23,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 30 / Jan. 31 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||LTC Gregory Seibert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Gary Stewart|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||9||17|
|Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Economics, English III, English IV, Physics III, Spanish, Statistics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||31||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Biking Club, Boy Scouts, Cadets, Chess Club, Color Guard, Cooking Club, Debate Club, Delta Phi (Honor Society), Drama Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Fencing Club, Literary Magazine, Military Police, Model Making Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, WWII Re-enactment Club (Railsplitters), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drum and Bugle Corp, Marching Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Drill Team, Flag Football, Horseback Riding, Intramural Sports, M Club (Letterman's Club), Military Skills (Raider), Paintball, Riflery, Weights and Conditioning Training
|Year: 2010 - 2012||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||9|
|University of Missouri||7|
|Westminster College - Missouri||5|
|Truman State University||3|
|United States Air Force Academy||3|
|University of California - Berkeley||2|
- Located in scenic central Missouri, MMA`s 288-acre campus is an ideal setting for a unique boarding school experience. New students join a diverse corps of cadets, which has accepted young men from all 50 states and more than 20 foreign nations. With classes, athletics and after school organizations designed for boys of every interest and skill level, there is a place for you at MMA.
- MMA features:Classes to benefit students of every skill level, from a learning resource center to Advanced Placement and dual-credit college courses.
- A dedicated College Placement Officer who guides cadets through the college application and selection process.
- A nationally recognized JROTC program, honored 30 times over with the US Army's highest distinction.
- Exceptional facilities, including a new state of the art academic building.
- 10 varsity sports and a wide array of intramurals, featuring some of the finest athletic facilities in the Midwest.
- An internationally diverse student body.
- Extensive recreational and extracurricular programs and facilities, from music, chorus, and drama to military-style competitions and flight training.
- On-site paintball course for use by cadets.
- State of the art technology
- Comfortable, secure dormitories, complete with recreation areas.
- Missouri Military Academy accreditations: ISACS, TABS, National Honor Society
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mr. Dale Dye, 1962 - Author, Actor and Military advisor to many Hollywood movies
- Judge William Berry, 1930 - Chief Justice of the Oklahoma Supreme Court
- Dr. Lloyd Worner, 1936 - Former President of Colorado College
- LT. General Jack Fuson, 1939 - Deputy Chief of Staff, US Army
- Mr. Cody Fowler, 1908 - Former President of the American Bar Association
- General Clifton Cates, 1910 - 19th Commandant of the US Marine Corp
- Mr. Joaquin Dabdoub, 1981 - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Japan
- Bridgadier General Carl Tegtmeier, 1962 - Former Deputy Commanding General, 102nd Army Reserve Command
- Howard Hughes I - Father of businessman Howard Hughes, founder of family corporation
- Submit Review for Missouri Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
September 17, 2018
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
August 28, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
August 14, 2018
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.