Missouri Military Academy
Missouri Military Academy Photo #2 - Missouri Military Academy is a preparatory school with a military tradition that prepares boys for leadership in college and career via our unique 360 Education. We are located in the heart of the Midwest in the small community of Mexico, Missouri, on a sprawling 288-acre campus.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #3 - Academics are high priority at MMA, with college acceptance and success as the goal for students. Students thrive here thanks to individual attention from faculty and small class sizes. Our faculty come from around the world and are focused on providing a caring, supportive environment.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #4 - Through athletics, cadets learn the value of teamwork, discipline and dedication, becoming leaders on and off the field. They have access to MMA's top-notch facilities including indoor basketball courts, football, soccer and baseball fields, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, swimming pool, indoor batting cages, and all safety and sports equipment.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #5 - Character development and community service, including cadet mentorship of local elementary students, is an important part of the MMA experience. The MMA Honor Code is central to our program and sets a standard of character for the young men who spend their formative years at MMA: "I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."
Missouri Military Academy Photo #6 - At Missouri Military Academy, students make life-long friends from around the world. "My two years at MMA were the best of times. After 26 years since graduation in 1990, I`m still in touch with the friends I made." - Oscar Durazo Carreon '90
Missouri Military Academy Photo #7 - MMA offers STEAM-based learning in science, math and the arts. Qualifying cadets are also able to earn their AA degree at the same time they earn their high school diploma through MMA`s Triumph Program created through an alliance with nearby William Woods University.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #8 - MMA is filled with opportunities and experiences cadets could never have at home. While this can certainly be said of any boarding school, the MMA experience offers boys something more. Activities available to MMA cadets include rifle marksmanship, horseback riding, rappelling tower, obstacle courses, paintball and more.
Missouri Military Academy Photo #9 - Our programs are designed around the needs of boys, tapping into what motivates them positive reinforcement, structure, consistent physical and mental challenge, loyalty and team mentality. Here, we give boys structure, teach them responsibility and show them love - fundamental ingredients in shaping a young man.
- Every boy becomes a man. What kind of man will yours become? Founded in 1889, Missouri Military Academy (MMA) is a private all-boy college preparatory academy that serves grades 7 through 12 and offers a post-graduate year.
- Located in a safe and peaceful setting in rural Missouri, MMA educates young men from around the world who seek college preparatory and career readiness programs in a military structured environment, focused on developing self-confidence and grit.
- MMA`s 360 Education promotes academic excellence and success, character development, physical development, personal motivation and leadership training to prepare young men to take command of their personal lives and their future.
Upcoming Events and News
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Memphis State University Discipline and a focus on critical thinking is taught at MMA. Esprit de Corps is high among the Corps of Cadets there and supports a group as well as an individual effort to succeed. . .
- SIUE It was extremely rigorous scholastically. The slightest infraction of drinking or drugs meant immediate expulsion. The best thing about it was that the structure greatly reduce peer pressures. It was as close to a. . .
- Westminster/University of Florida Thorough and concentrated College Preparatory courses, many of which exceeded the requirements of the same subject when I went on to college. The education provided by Missouri Military Academy is one of the best in. . .
Top 10 Placements
Missouri Military Academy is listed among the top 10 schools with 200-400 students (out of 109 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Missouri Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||288 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||220 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1148||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform of the day)
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:11||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,850|
(Includes uniforms, tuition, and meals)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$49 million||$20 million|
(Plus uniform and other fees.)
(Plus uniform and other fees. Ask about grant support for area students.)
|Tuition international students||$39,600||$51,800|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$18,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||LTC Gregory Seibert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Gary Stewart|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||21||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Markmanship, Marksmanship, Riding, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Informational Technology Internships, Military Police, National Honor Society, WWII Re-enactment Club (Railsplitters), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drum and Bugle Corp, Jazz Band, Marching Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Drill Team, Horseback Riding, Intramural Sports, M Club (Letterman's Club), Marksmanship, Military Skills (Raider), Paintball, Weights and Conditioning Training
|Year: 2010 - 2012||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||9|
|University of Missouri||7|
|Westminster College - Missouri||5|
|Truman State University||3|
|United States Air Force Academy||3|
|University of California - Berkeley||2|
- Located in scenic central Missouri, MMA`s 288-acre campus is an ideal setting for a unique boarding school experience
- MMA classes and programs benefit students of every skill level, from a learning resource center to the Triumph Program that allows qualified cadets to take college classes on our campus and work toward an AA degree at the same time they are earning their high school diploma
- A nationally recognized JROTC program, honored more than 30 times with the US Army's highest distinction
- Exceptional facilities, including a state-of-the-art academic building
- Varsity sports, nationally competitive rifle team, equestrian program and more - all cadets participate in athletics
- An internationally diverse student body
- Extensive recreational and extracurricular programs and facilities, from music and chorus to military-style competitions
- On-site paintball course, rappel tower and more
- State-of-the-art technology
- Comfortable, secure residence halls, complete with recreation areas
- Missouri Military Academy accreditations: ISACS, TABS, National Honor Society
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mr. Dale Dye, 1962 - Author, Actor and Military advisor to many Hollywood movies
- Tony Gervino, 1984 - Senior vice president of culture and content at TIDAL, a global music entertainment platform. Co-founder of two leading media brand magazines: SLAM, a basketball magazine, and XXL, a hip-hop magazine.
- Michael Aubuchon, 1994 - Leading game designer who has contributed to the creation of some of the most well-known games in the industry, including “Doom,” “Rage,” and the “America’s Army” saga
- Venustiano Reyes, 1988 - World-renown composer and musician and composer
- Dr. William Burch, 1989 - Medical director of Methodist North Hospital in Tennessee and program medical director of the Sound Emergency Medicine Fellowship in Texas and Louisiana
- General Clifton Cates, 1910 - 19th Commandant of the US Marine Corp
- Mr. Joaquin Dabdoub, 1981 - Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Japan
- Bridgadier General Carl Tegtmeier, 1962 - Former Deputy Commanding General, 102nd Army Reserve Command
- Mark Ledford, 1978 - Famous jazz trumpeter, vocalist and guitarist
- Jesús Guzmán, 1985 - Stand up comedian, late night talk show host
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Missouri Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Four reasons shaped our decision. I share these and other insights with you.
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
What are you allowed to bring to boarding school? What are you not allowed to bring to boarding school? Answers to those questions and more.