Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA)
Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA) Photo #2 - MH-MA provides a structured and supportive environment for success in and beyond the classroom where students develop lifelong routines, habits, and skills while gaining independence and responsibility. Graduates are best prepared for their next steps into college and life as responsible, independent, and engaged members of the global community.
Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA) Photo #3 - With 100% acceptance and 98% of MH-MA graduates going directly into colleges and universities across the country each year, the question is not what are you doing after MH-MA, but where are you going?
Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA) Photo #4 - Each student is placed in one of four "Houses", which is a diverse grouping of MH-MA students across all grades. The Houses are student-led and exist to strengthen the school community, form leadership roles, and to ensure all students are engaged and involved in the school.
Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA) Photo #5 - A Catholic school with a tradition in boarding school education for over 150 years in a faith-filled environment. Students of all faiths and backgrounds are welcomed and do attend.
- Maur Hill-Mount Academy (MH-MA) in Atchison, Kansas provides a respected education to students from across the United States and internationally. As a Catholic boarding and day school, students will experience a challenging and supportive atmosphere with a residential program that provides a safe, nurturing, and structured environment.
- MH-MA has a diverse student body that comes from several states and countries to be challenged, supported, and grow in a faith-filled college prep environment that sees 98% of graduates entering college.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Maur Hill - Mount||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||90 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||208 students||320 students|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, collared shirt, dress shoes)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$33,600||$50,500|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$8,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Mrs. Anne Faucett|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||18|
|Courses||College Anatomy & Physiology, AP Calculus BC, AP History, College Algebra, College English, College Government, College Psychology, College Spanish|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Team, Big Brother Program, Board Game, Book Jedi, CyberPatriot, Debate Club, Forensics Club, Homework, House System, International Club, Journalism, Peer Counselor, Poetry team, Video Yearbook, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Drama Club
|Year: 2017||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Kansas State University||1|
|Pennsylvania State University||1|
|University of California||1|
|University of Kansas||1|
|University of Michigan||1|
|University of Notre Dame||1|
|University of Pennsylvania||1|
|University of Texas||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Preparing students academically, socially, physically and spiritually
- 29 hours of college credit
- ACT/SAT Prep Courses
- Safe, structured, and supportive campus, school, and dorms
- Academic, Athletic, art, & music programs
- 31 clubs and sports available
- Teacher Advisor Program
- International Students: ESL Program, TOEFL Prep (on site testing center), Summer ESL
- 5 athletic fields, 2 gyms, athletic center/weight room
- Academic Assistance Program
- 98% of graduates continue on to college
- Tuition assistance and payment plans available
- Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA) accreditations: North Central Association (NCA), Catholic Boarding Schools Association (CBSA), National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA), Secondary School Admissions Test Board (SSATB),Small Boarding School Association (SBSA)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Maur Hill - Mount Academy (MH-MA)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 500 students 385.2 miles1200 Oakdale Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55118
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 1320 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.