Mount Michael Benedictine School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 250 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $21,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $15,000
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Mount Michael Benedictine School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
Dress Pants, Button Down Shirt, & Tie
(Includes tuition, fees, room&board. )
(Includes tuition and fees)
(5 Day Boarding)
(Academic and Need Based)
Academic Decathlon, Board Game Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Drama Club, Journalism, Math Club, Men of Benedict Club, Mock Trial, National Honors Society, Robotics, Science Club, Speech Team, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Intramural Football, Intramural Volleyball
Mount Michael seeks young men entering the 9th, 10th, and 11th grades who demonstrate:
- Good character
- Strong academic ability and motivation
- Desire for independence
- Ability to accept challenges
- Care and concern for others
- Commitment to personal and academic growth
- Enthusiasm for participating in extracurricular activities
- Class size: 57 Average ACT Score: 29 Average SAT Score: 1350 (1600 based)
- $7.72 million was offered in scholarships (33% of the class received a 4-year full tuition scholarship)
- Members of the Class of 2018 were accepted for admission to 87 colleges in 30 states
- Academic Decathlon State Champions Small School Division
- Robotics State Champions
- Students from the Class of 2015 were accepted at: Adelphi College, Arizona State University, Art Center College of Design, Baylor University, Belmont Abbey College, Benedictine College, Bethany College, Binghamton University, Boston University, Central Christian College, Central College, College of William and Mary, Colorado School of Mines, Cornell University, Creighton University, Doane College, Fairfield University, George Mason University, George Washington University, Hastings College, Indiana University, Iowa State University, Johnson and Wales University, Kansas State University, Lehigh University, LeMoyne College, Loyola University Chicago, Marquette University, McPherson College, Michigan State University, Monmouth University, Morningside College, Nebraska Wesleyan University, New York University, Newman University, Northern Arizona University, Northwest Missouri State University, Ohio State University, Oklahoma State University, Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University, Regis University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rockhurst University, Rollins College, Rutgers University, Saint Leo University, Saint Louis University, Seton Hall University, Siena College, Simpson College, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, South Dakota State University, St. John`s University, St. Joseph`s University, Stanford University, Texas Christian University, University of California-Berkeley, University of California-Los Angeles, University of California-San Diego, University of Colorado-Denver, University of Dayton, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Iowa, University of Kansas, University of Maine, University of Miami, University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska-Omaha, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, University of Saint Thomas, University of Sioux Falls, University of South Dakota, University of Southern California, University of Tulsa, Wayne State College, Wichita State University
- Mount Michael Benedictine School accreditations: AdvancED, The College Board, National Catholic Boarding School Association, National Catholic Education Association, National Honor Society of Secondary Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Zach Nelson - CEO of NetSuite, Inc.
- Mike McCarthy - Chairman and Co-Founder of McCarthy Group, LLC
- Kevin Kennedy - Screenwriter/Producer- The Assassination of Richard Nixon, The Defenders
- Most Reverend William Dendinger - Bishop of the Grand Island, NE Diocese
- Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, S.J., Ph.D. - President of Creighton University
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mount Michael Benedictine School cost?
Mount Michael Benedictine School's tuition is approximately $21,000 for boarding students and $15,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Mount Michael Benedictine School?
The acceptance rate of Mount Michael Benedictine School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Mount Michael Benedictine School?
Mount Michael Benedictine School famous alumni include: Zach Nelson, Mike McCarthy, Kevin Kennedy, Most Reverend William Dendinger and Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, S.J., Ph.D..
What sports does Mount Michael Benedictine School offer?
Mount Michael Benedictine School offers 14 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field and Wrestling.
What is Mount Michael Benedictine School's ranking?
Mount Michael Benedictine School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Least expensive tuition and High average SAT scores.
When is the application deadline for Mount Michael Benedictine School?
The application deadline for Mount Michael Benedictine School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).