Chaminade College Preparatory School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 6-12
- Enrollment: 800 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $47,949
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $22,695
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Chaminade College Preparatory School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
polo shirt, khaki pants, tennis shoes
(7 Day Boarding)
(5 Day Boarding)
Mark E. Baczynski
AP / Advanced Courses
Academic Peer Tutors, Admission Prefects, Alumni/ae Ambassadors Program, BBQ Club, Drone Racing Club, Earth Club, Field Music, Math Institute, Modern Greek Club, Octet (male a cappella group), Pro-Life Club, Rocket Club, Say What!? (improv group), Scholar Bowl, Service Club, Speech & Debate Team, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Electrical Vehicle Club, Student Diversity and Leadership Council (SDLC), TEAMS Engineering
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYC Basketball, Student Ambassador Program, Table Tennis Club
- Chaminade College Preparatory School is an independent Catholic School for young men in Grades 6-12. The school bears the name of Blessed William Joseph Chaminade, a priest who lived during the era of the French Revolution and who founded the religious order known as the Society of Mary (Marianists). The school maintains an active relationship with this Society through governance structures and the employment of lay and religious Marianists committed to a conscious effort to keep alive the most fundamental traits of Marianist spirituality in all aspects of the institution's functioning. These traits include a deep sense of "faith of the heart," a deep sense of "community" and a deep sense of "mission." It is the school's Marianist roots that cause it to emphasize growth in faith, the development of the whole person, and the cultivation of Gospel values in a nurturing environment. Much of the school's Catholic and Marianist approach is presented to students through the school's motto, "Esto Vir." This motto, which literally means, "Be a Man," is a challenge to maximize the potential of all the gifts and talents which God has placed in each individual and to cultivate human values all of which have their origin in the person and figure of Christ the "Perfect man." The motto helps to make it clear that education at Chaminade is much more than an academic undertaking; it is an endeavor that encompasses all aspects of the young man's being. In selecting Chaminade for their son's education or in allowing their son to select Chaminade, parents are invited to enter into a partnership with the school to help it realize its goal of holistic education. They attempt to involve themselves in the life of the school to the extent possible in their circumstances and reinforce in their home life many of the lessons the young men learn at school. True to Blessed Chaminade's vision, the faculty possesses a strong commitment to the total education of all students. As educators in the Catholic and Marianist tradition, they set for themselves the personal goal of modeling and communicating gospel values as norms of conduct. The faculty commitment to professional development through continuing education and the development of current best educational practices is strongly encouraged. The faculty is assisted in its mission by a wider variety of support staff who shares the commitment to foster the development of each student. While not as directly involved in the process of education, these staff members likewise attempt to model the values which Chaminade stands for and to help create the familial atmosphere that is so much a part of the school. Chaminade's academic structure develops students into individuals who think for themselves by providing an integrated middle school and high school program. This curriculum challenges students to take the knowledge given to them each day and recognize the moral and ethical implications of modern life. Throughout their Chaminade education, students receive the tools to become critical thinkers making informed choices. A wide range of athletic, cultural, social and religious activities is an integral part of the total education program. These activities can be key in allowing the individual student to cultivate his inherent skills, as well as to exercise initiative and responsibility. Discipline is often a necessary part of human growth and, when required, is administered in such a way as to enhance the personal growth of the students. Chaminade provides a disciplinary system which balances justice with mercy and develops personal responsibility. A Chaminade education brings the student into contact with the variety of communities of which he is a part: local, national, and global. He learns that he has a responsible role in each of them and that he must work for their betterment according to the Gospel values of justice, sacredness of human life, human dignity, and compassion. A variety of experiential opportunities are offered to help each young man discover the unique contribution he can make to the human endeavor. Through its resident program, Chaminade offers to students from around the world the benefit of a quality education while, at the same time, enriching the whole school community with the geographic and cultural diversity that these students bring. Through this diversity of the student body, as well as that of the faculty and staff, the young men are able to experience and value the great variety of gifts and talents among all of God's people. Chaminade strives to provide a holistic, high-caliber education grounded in faith, which prepares its students for success in college and in life.
- LD types supported: mild leraning differences supported w/learning consultant
- Chaminade College Preparatory School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of Central States, North Central Association
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jayson Tatum '16 - NBA Basketball Player with Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal '10 - NBA Basketball Player with Washington Wizards
- Ben Bishop '05 - NHL Hockey Player with Tampa Bay Lightning
- Minkyu Lee '04 - Academy Award Winner
- J. Eric Skelton '83 - Deputy Director U.S. Secret Service
- Mike Kehoe '79 - Lieutenant Governor of Missouri
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chaminade College Preparatory School cost?
Chaminade College Preparatory School's tuition is approximately $47,949 for boarding students and $22,695 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Chaminade College Preparatory School?
The acceptance rate of Chaminade College Preparatory School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Chaminade College Preparatory School?
Chaminade College Preparatory School famous alumni include: Jayson Tatum '16, Bradley Beal '10, Ben Bishop '05, Minkyu Lee '04, J. Eric Skelton '83 and Mike Kehoe '79.
What sports does Chaminade College Preparatory School offer?
Chaminade College Preparatory School offers 22 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling.
What is Chaminade College Preparatory School's ranking?
Chaminade College Preparatory School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percent faculty with advanced degrees and High # of AP/advanced courses offered.
When is the application deadline for Chaminade College Preparatory School?
The application deadline for Chaminade College Preparatory School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).