Chaminade College Preparatory School
425 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
St. Louis, MO 63131
Tel: (314) 692-6640
Chaminade College Preparatory School Photo #2 - Chaminade uses a traditional House System to foster relationships between all students, from all backgrounds.
Chaminade College Preparatory School Photo #3 - As part of our Global Academy, Chaminade students will take Experiential Learning trips each year. Tied to current curriculum, these trips expose students to the greater world and demonstrate the "why" of what they are learning.
Chaminade College Preparatory School Photo #4 - As a Catholic, Marianist community, Chaminade requires service of each student. Service can be done on Chaminade's campus, as well as in the St. Louis area. Chaminade also offers service immersion trips all over the world as part of our Global Academy.
Chaminade College Preparatory School Photo #5 - The Skip Theater is where Chaminade students attend assemblies, school plays, musical performances and also a number of outside professional events each year.
Chaminade College Preparatory School is a Catholic school in the Marianist tradition for boys grades 6-12. Chaminade's excellent academic program begins with our Pre-AP curriculum in our Middle School. Chaminade offers 27 Advanced Placement courses as well as 80 college credit courses through the University of Missouri and St. Louis University. 100% of our graduating seniors can enter college with credit. Chaminade students learn to live remarkably through our numerous activities and athletics, as well as our Experiential Education program that takes our young men out into the world. The third hallmark of the Chaminade experience is our Character Formation. Chaminade devotes significant, consistent rescources to developing key relationships between students and faculty through our House System program. As a Catholic community in the Marianist tradition, Chaminade embraces students of all cultures and faiths. We are a school specializing in educating young men. WE ARE CHAMINADE.
Top 20 Placements
Chaminade College Preparatory School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 303 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Chaminade College||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||55 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||850 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1300||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo shirt, khaki pants, tennis shoes)
|Average Class Size||17 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||120||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$25 million||$23 million|
(7 Day Boarding)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$10,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Mr. Erik Carretero|
Mark E. Baczynski
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||120||18|
|Courses||A.P. Biology, A.P. Calculus AB, A.P. Calculus BC, A.P. Chemistry, A.P. Comparative Government / Politics, A.P. Computer Science, A.P. English Language, A.P. English Literature, A.P. European History, A.P. French Language, A.P. Latin: Vergil, A.P. Macroeconomics, A.P. Microeconomics, A.P. Music Theory, A.P. Physics B, A.P. Psychology, A.P. Spanish Language, A.P. Statistics, A.P. Studio Art, A.P. U.S. Government & Politics, A.P. U.S. History, A.P. World History, ACC Advanced Drama - Approaching the Arts: Theatre , ACC Advanced Drawing II and Printmaking, ACC American Civilizaiton, ACC Ancient Greek I & II, ACC Apologetics, ACC Ceramics I, II, ACC Chinese II, III, IV, ACC Cisco Networking Academy: Networking Fundamentals, ACC Cisco Networking Academy: Routing Protocols & Concepts, ACC College Algebra, ACC Contemporary Global Issues - Intercultural Seminar and Practicum, ACC Contemporary Global Issues - Intro to International Studies, ACC English - Faith, Doubt and Literature, ACC English - Gender, Identity and Literature, ACC English - The PRocess of Composition, ACC English -Advanced Strategies of Rhetoric/Research, ACC European History, ACC Exploration of Faith and Reason through Math and Science, ACC Foundations of Theology, ACC French Language and Culture, ACC Fundamentals of Acting, ACC Honors French III, ACC Honors Modern World History, ACC Honors Physics I, ACC Honors Physics II, ACC Interreligious Issues - Asian Philosophy, ACC Introduction to Film, ACC Jazz Bang - Lower Division Class Music, ACC Latin I & II, ACC Latin Language and Literature , ACC Photography & Introduction to Digital Photography, ACC Psychology, ACC Public Speaking, ACC Servant Leadership, ACC Spanish Language, ACC Spanish Language & Culture, ACC Statistics, ACC Themes in Contemporary Fiction, ACC Theory of Music I, ACC U.S. History since 1865, ACC U.S. History to 1865, ACC Wind Ensemble, ACC World History - Origins of the Modern World, ACC World Literature & Composition , ACC World Music|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||23||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Diving, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||26||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic Peer Tutors, Admission Prefects, Alumni/ae Ambassadors Program, Badminto Club, BBQ Club, Drone Racing Club, Earth Club, Field Music, Math Institute, Modern Greek Club, Octet (male a cappella group), Pro-Life Club, Rocket Club, Say What!? (improv group), Scholar Bowl, Service Club, Speech & Debate Team, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Electrical Vehicle Club, Student Diversity and Leadership Council (SDLC), TEAMS Engineering
Recreational Athletic Programs:
CYC Basketball, Student Ambassador Program, Table Tennis Club
|Year: 2017 - 2019||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Notre Dame||8|
|Pennsylvania State University||3|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne||3|
- Chaminade College Preparatory School is an independent Catholic School for young men in Grades 6-12. The school bears the name of Blessed William Joseph Chaminade, a priest who lived during the era of the French Revolution and who founded the religious order known as the Society of Mary (Marianists). The school maintains an active relationship with this Society through governance structures and the employment of lay and religious Marianists committed to a conscious effort to keep alive the most fundamental traits of Marianist spirituality in all aspects of the institution's functioning. These traits include a deep sense of "faith of the heart," a deep sense of "community" and a deep sense of "mission." It is the school's Marianist roots that cause it to emphasize growth in faith, the development of the whole person, and the cultivation of Gospel values in a nurturing environment. Much of the school's Catholic and Marianist approach is presented to students through the school's motto, "Esto Vir." This motto, which literally means, "Be a Man," is a challenge to maximize the potential of all the gifts and talents which God has placed in each individual and to cultivate human values all of which have their origin in the person and figure of Christ the "Perfect man." The motto helps to make it clear that education at Chaminade is much more than an academic undertaking; it is an endeavor that encompasses all aspects of the young man's being. In selecting Chaminade for their son's education or in allowing their son to select Chaminade, parents are invited to enter into a partnership with the school to help it realize its goal of holistic education. They attempt to involve themselves in the life of the school to the extent possible in their circumstances and reinforce in their home life many of the lessons the young men learn at school. True to Blessed Chaminade's vision, the faculty possesses a strong commitment to the total education of all students. As educators in the Catholic and Marianist tradition, they set for themselves the personal goal of modeling and communicating gospel values as norms of conduct. The faculty commitment to professional development through continuing education and the development of current best educational practices is strongly encouraged. The faculty is assisted in its mission by a wider variety of support staff who shares the commitment to foster the development of each student. While not as directly involved in the process of education, these staff members likewise attempt to model the values which Chaminade stands for and to help create the familial atmosphere that is so much a part of the school. Chaminade's academic structure develops students into individuals who think for themselves by providing an integrated middle school and high school program. This curriculum challenges students to take the knowledge given to them each day and recognize the moral and ethical implications of modern life. Throughout their Chaminade education, students receive the tools to become critical thinkers making informed choices. A wide range of athletic, cultural, social and religious activities is an integral part of the total education program. These activities can be key in allowing the individual student to cultivate his inherent skills, as well as to exercise initiative and responsibility. Discipline is often a necessary part of human growth and, when required, is administered in such a way as to enhance the personal growth of the students. Chaminade provides a disciplinary system which balances justice with mercy and develops personal responsibility. A Chaminade education brings the student into contact with the variety of communities of which he is a part: local, national, and global. He learns that he has a responsible role in each of them and that he must work for their betterment according to the Gospel values of justice, sacredness of human life, human dignity, and compassion. A variety of experiential opportunities are offered to help each young man discover the unique contribution he can make to the human endeavor. Through its resident program, Chaminade offers to students from around the world the benefit of a quality education while, at the same time, enriching the whole school community with the geographic and cultural diversity that these students bring. Through this diversity of the student body, as well as that of the faculty and staff, the young men are able to experience and value the great variety of gifts and talents among all of God's people. Chaminade strives to provide a holistic, high-caliber education grounded in faith, which prepares its students for success in college and in life.
- LD types supported: mild leraning differences supported w/learning consultant
- Chaminade College Preparatory School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of Central States, North Central Association
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jayson Tatum '16 - NBA Basketball Player with Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal '10 - NBA Basketball Player with Washington Wizards
- Ben Bishop '05 - NHL Hockey Player with Tampa Bay Lightning
- Minkyu Lee '04 - Academy Award Winner
- J. Eric Skelton '83 - Deputy Director U.S. Secret Service
- Mike Kehoe '79 - Lieutenant Governor of Missouri
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Chaminade College Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 236 students 360.8 miles22520 Mount Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022
In the United States and throughout the world, it is well-documented that even though boys score as well as girls on standardized tests, they are less likely to receive good grades, take advanced courses,and attend college. Learn how boys schools can help address these concerns.
As amazing as it sounds, corporal punishment is still legal in over 20 states. Fortunately private schools banned the practice many decades ago.
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.