Blue Ridge School
Blue Ridge School Photo #2 - We offer more than 20 competitive sports and compete in the VISAA Div II level.
Blue Ridge School Photo #3 - We offer 20 competitive team sports at the squire, junior varsity and varsity levels.
Blue Ridge School Photo #4 - The campus lake offers wonderful views of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains.
Blue Ridge School Photo #6 - The Fine and Performing Arts Department offers artistic boys a creative outlet and others a chance to discover their creativity.
Blue Ridge School Photo #7 - The Outdoor Program includes a climbing wall, ropes course, eight miles of mountain biking and running trails. It also gives boys a chance to fish, canoe, ski and much more both after school and on weekends.
Blue Ridge School Photo #8 - Class sizes are small and teachers really get to know their students and his learning style.
Blue Ridge School Photo #9 - Out technology includes three computer Mac labs that also run Windows, a laser cutter, a 3-D printer and much more.
"Nestled against the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Blue Ridge School has 750 acres of fields, trails, hills, streams, lakes and mountains to explore as students make their journey toward college and beyond.
The school provides a college preparatory education for capable boys, grades 9-12, who are suited to a program that incorporates small classes, a faculty advisor program, and a predictable daily schedule designed to help students develop sound study habits and time management skills.".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Western State Colorado University Over all, Blue Ridge School is a fantastic place for those who love the out doors. Not only is the Outdoor Program #1 in the country, but the campus is located on 400 acres of. . .
- Ferrum College Blue Ridge is a one of a kind boarding school. This gem is hidden back at the feet of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The campus is one of the most beautiful that I have ever. . .
- The USC Moore School of Business In my family nearly every male for the past eight generations has attended a boarding school. My father went to Woodberry Forest, his father went to Episcopal HS in Alexandria, and his father went. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Blue Ridge School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||751 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||170 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1220||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, jacket, and tie)
|Average Class Size||9 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||6||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$21 million||$23 million|
|Tuition international students||$55,500||$53,975|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$27,500||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 8 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||James H. Miller, III|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Krystle Gee|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||21||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||8||24|
|Extracurriculars||Chess Club, International Affairs Group, Japanimation Club|
Club or Organization:
Music Technology, Publications, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Jazz Band
|Year: 2007 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|James Madison University||5|
|University of Illinois||3|
|University of Mississipi||3|
|Virginia Polytechnic and State University||2|
|Texas Christian University||1|
|University of Notre Dame||1|
|William and Mary||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Founded in 1909 as an Episcopal mission school, Blue Ridge reorganized as an independent boarding school and adopted its current focus on all boys in 1962. The school provides a college preparatory education for boys, grades 9-12, who are suited to a program that incorporates small classes, a faculty advisor program, and a predictable daily schedule designed to help students develop sound study habits and time management skills. Sufficient flexibility is built into the program to allow instructors to work with the students' strengths and needs. A state-of-the-art learning center provides additional academic support as needed. Nestled against the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Blue Ridge School has 750 acres of fields, trails, hills, streams, lakes and mountains to explore as students make their journey toward college and beyond.
- LD types supported: Mild learning differences
- Blue Ridge School accreditations: TABS, VAIS, NAIS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Blue Ridge School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 215 students 118.3 miles49 Seahorse Lane
Christchurch, VA 23031
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.