Blue Ridge School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 170 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $62,500
- Acceptance rate: 49%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 8 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants, jacket, and tie
- Founded in 1909 as an Episcopal mission school, Blue Ridge reorganized as an independent boarding school and adopted its current focus on all boys in 1962. The school provides a college preparatory education for boys, grades 9-12, who are suited to a program that incorporates small classes, a faculty advisor program, and a predictable daily schedule designed to help students develop sound study habits and time management skills. Sufficient flexibility is built into the program to allow instructors to work with the students' strengths and needs. A state-of-the-art learning center provides additional academic support as needed. Nestled against the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Blue Ridge School has 750 acres of fields, trails, hills, streams, lakes and mountains to explore as students make their journey toward college and beyond.
- Blue Ridge School accreditations: TABS, VAIS, NAIS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mamadi Diakite '15 - 2021 NBA Champion with the Milwaukee Bucks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Blue Ridge School cost?
Blue Ridge School's tuition is approximately $62,500 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Blue Ridge School?
The acceptance rate of Blue Ridge School is 49%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Blue Ridge School?
Blue Ridge School famous alumni include: Mamadi Diakite '15.
What sports does Blue Ridge School offer?
Blue Ridge School offers 21 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee and Wrestling.
What is Blue Ridge School's ranking?
Blue Ridge School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percentage of boarding students.
When is the application deadline for Blue Ridge School?
The application deadline for Blue Ridge School is Feb. 8 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 8 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2014
Western State Colorado University
Class of 2012
Class of 2004
The USC Moore School of Business