- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 215 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $51,750
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $20,400
- Acceptance rate: 57%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Casual neat, collared shirt
(Personal laptop required)
(Personal laptop required)
(Need-based financial aid grants)
AP / Advanced Courses
- The Christchurch experience is personal, but it is also about community. It is academic, but very much about relationships. It is active and lively, and it also encourages you to think deeply. It is school and home, it is family and community, it is an all absorbing experience that will change your life. We want to get to know you and what your dreams are. When you come to Christchurch, we meet you where you are and take you as far as you can imagine. We work through challenges together and find opportunities at every turn. We use our place on the river, the Chesapeake Bay, local communities and far flung places to teach the lessons that give you the skills you need for life. Our goal is to give you the confidence to do whatever you imagine and are willing to make happen with hard work. We want you to be sure of yourself so that the future happens on your terms. And we want you to have the resilience you will need in a fast-changing world. Finally, we want to ensure that you understand your own values and beliefs, to give you the strong foundation on which to build a great life. Along the journey at Christchurch, you will find friends and experiences all over the world, make lifelong connections, and have mentors in every area of life and every area of interest. Our faculty are experts. Never again in your life will you find so many people devoted solely to your success, growth, and well-being. Come visit us at the river, take in the pure air and timeless river, meet the students and faculty who welcome you into this community, and think about how together, we can create a future that is uniquely yours and without limits.
- LD types supported: Executive Function Deficit, ADHD/Language-based Learning Differences, Mild Dyslexia
- Christchurch School accreditations: VAIS, TABS, NAIS, NAES
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Bill Easterling - Dean, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Penn State; lead author, Pulitzer Prize-winning United Nations climate change report
- William Styron - Pulitzer Prize Winner
- Lewis B. Puller, Jr. - Pulitzer Prize Winner
- Malcolm Campbell - Former Publisher, SPIN Magazine
- Vincent Canby - Chief Film Critic, New York Times
- Bill Broaddus - Former Attorney General, Commonwealth of Virginia
- John Craine, Jr. - President, SUNY Maritime College
- Alec Faulkner - Player, Valentine FC (pro soccer)
- Devin Robinson - Player, Washington Wizards (NBA)
- Pat Young - Player, Charlotte Hounds (pro lacrosse)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Christchurch School cost?
Christchurch School's tuition is approximately $51,750 for boarding students and $20,400 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Christchurch School?
The acceptance rate of Christchurch School is 57%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Christchurch School?
Christchurch School famous alumni include: Bill Easterling, William Styron, Lewis B. Puller, Jr., Malcolm Campbell, Vincent Canby, Bill Broaddus, John Craine, Jr., Alec Faulkner, Devin Robinson and Pat Young.
What sports does Christchurch School offer?
Christchurch School offers 10 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming and Volleyball.
What is Christchurch School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Christchurch School?
The application deadline for Christchurch School is Jan. 31 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 31 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).