The Calverton School
300 Calverton School Rd
Huntingtown, MD 20639
Huntingtown, MD 20639
The Calverton School Photo #2 - Visit our beautiful campus situated in Southern Maryland on 152 acres. We welcome you come for a tour of our facilities or view our campus video.
The Calverton School Photo #4 - Welcome to our One World Residential Village. Four residential houses are tucked back on our campus for student boarding.
The Calverton School Photo #5 - D.C. Calverton Soccer Program brings together elite athletics with rigorous academics.
The Calverton School Photo #6 - Student driven fundraising for Project Hope brought awareness and funds to medical professionals in China and across the globe.
The Calverton School Photo #8 - At Calverton there is a combination of local day students, boarding students from across the US, and international students from many different countries.
The Calverton School Photo #9 - This is an example of the spacious rooms in our One World Residential Village.
- Fostering a culture of respect, high expectations, and shared experiences, The Calverton School instills in students intellectual curiosity, personal responsibility, and a strong work ethic to prepare them for higher education and responsible citizenship in a democratic and global community.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|The Calverton School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||152 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||286 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1245||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||7:1||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||24||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Beth Lennon, Heidi Merryman|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||16|
|Sports||Cheering, Cross Country Running, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Calverton School, founded in 1967, is an independent college preparatory school serving students from early childhood through Grade 12. Calverton prides itself on providing a challenging college-preparatory program in an environment that promotes honesty, tolerance, respect, and responsibility. Small class sizes and excellent student-to-teacher ratios ensure that each student is challenged in every aspect of school endeavor. Our small school size provides each student the opportunity to contribute to the larger community and helps to create an inclusive school that celebrates diversity and helps each student reach his or her potential. The school provides students with experiences of diversity and welcomes students of all races, socioeconomic backgrounds and beliefs. The Calverton School, steeped in a solid academic tradition, educates students to have the independence of judgment, personal freedom, and strength of character so that they can become leaders with broad intellectual horizons.
- The Calverton School accreditations: National Association of Independent Schools, AIMS- Association of Independent Maryland and DC Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for The Calverton School
- People that viewed The Calverton School also viewed these schools: The Bolles School, Asheville School, Amerigo Boca Raton Saint John Paul II Academy, Amerigo Chicago North Shore Carmel Catholic High School and Cranbrook Schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 643.4 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 9-12 | 425 students 867.4 miles4001 N. Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33431
- Grades: 9-12 | 1200 students 649.6 miles1 Carmel Parkway
Mundelein, IL 60060
Four reasons shaped our decision. I share these and other insights with you.
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
What are you allowed to bring to boarding school? What are you not allowed to bring to boarding school? Answers to those questions and more.