Episcopal High School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 464 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $66,360
- Acceptance rate: 31%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Episcopal High School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 298 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
dress pants with shirt & tie for boys, pants or skirt with blouse or sweater for girls
AP / Advanced Courses
3 For We, Activities Committee, Art Club, Athletic Advisory Board, Book Club, Breast Cancer Alliance, Community Council, Cultural Ambassador Committee, Debate/Spear Speaking, Disciplinary Council, Dorm Prefects, Double Ace, Drama Group, Embody Love Movement, Fashion Club, Fishing Club, Gender and Sexuality Alliance, Gospel Choir, Grill N Chill, Human Rights Advocacy Club, Lacrosse the Nations, Literary Magazine, Manga, Math Club, Mental Health Awareness Team, Mi Gente, Model UN, Music Honor Society, One Love, Outdoors Club, Peer Tutor Group, Philosophy Club, Robotics Team, Sailing Club, Senior Proctors, Songwriters Association, Spectrum, Student Investment Group, Student Wellness, Tour Guides, Yearbook (The Bayonet), Young Democrats, Young Republicans
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Chamber, Choir, The Writing and Tutoring Center
- Episcopal High School is dedicated to the student's pursuit of excellence and to the joy of learning and self-discovery in a caring and supportive community. Enriched by the educational and cultural resources of the nation's capital, Episcopal's dynamic academic program encourages students to develop individual talents and prepares them to attend selective colleges and universities.
- Students from diverse backgrounds live and learn together in a residential community based on a foundation of honor, spiritual growth, responsibility, and mutual respect. They develop enduring relationships at EHS and grow as discerning, self-reliant, creative, and compassionate individuals. The Episcopal High School community prepares young people to lead principled and fulfilling lives of leadership and service to others.
- Founded in 1839, Episcopal High School offers dynamic and challenging academics, broad and inclusive programs in arts and athletics, and a host of extracurricular activities. The School's 440 students come from 30 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and 20 foreign countries, bringing a rich diversity of backgrounds and experiences to the EHS community.
- The 130-acre campus' pastoral setting is enhanced by access to all the resources of the Washington, D.C. area. The traditions of the School serve as a foundation for a progressive college preparatory learning environment with a spiritual foundation. Athletic development, community service, and creative pursuits come together to strengthen the whole student. These complementary opportunities make Episcopal one of a kind.
- Episcopal High School accreditations: Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) and the Association of Southern Colleges and Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Senator John McCain '54 - Senator of Arizona, 2008 Presidential Candidate
- Julian Robertson '51 - Financier, former CEO of Tiger Management
- Todd Gray '82 - Chef and Owner of DC's Equinox Restaurant
- T. Berry Brazelton '36 - Renowned Pediatrican and Author
- Paul de Podesta '91 - Former GM, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Gaston Caperton '59 - President of The College Board, former Governor of West Virginia
- Lee D. Ainslie '82 - Managing Partner, Maverick Capital
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Episcopal High School cost?
Episcopal High School's tuition is approximately $66,360 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Episcopal High School?
The acceptance rate of Episcopal High School is 31%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Episcopal High School?
Episcopal High School famous alumni include: Senator John McCain '54, Julian Robertson '51, Todd Gray '82, T. Berry Brazelton '36, Paul de Podesta '91, Gaston Caperton '59 and Lee D. Ainslie '82.
What sports does Episcopal High School offer?
Episcopal High School offers 23 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. Episcopal High School is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
What is Episcopal High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Episcopal High School?
The application deadline for Episcopal High School is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2016
Class of 2013
Class of 2013