Currey Ingram Academy
- At Currey Ingram Academy, we understand that students learn differently so we must teach differently.
- Our teachers use a diversity of evidence-based instructional practices and present material through individualized, structured and multisensory approaches (visual, auditory and kinesthetic) to best meet the instructional and learning needs of our students.
- Through our very intentional and personalized approach to teaching and a nurturing school environment that encourages both academic learning and social growth, Currey Ingram gives students the tools to thrive and grow.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Currey Ingram||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||83 acres||125 acres|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||7 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$7 million||$23 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$18,880||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Dolly Roach|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Connie Heckle|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Currey Ingram Academy is an exemplary private school in Brentwood and is also a highly effective school in Nashville TN for children with special needs, like ADHD and dyslexia. Currey Ingram serves students with average to superior intelligence but are not reaching their fullest potential in traditional classrooms. As the only learning difference boarding school in Brentwood, TN, Currey Ingram Academy empowers its students to reach their fullest potential. The Brentwood day and boarding school for school grades K - 12 is located on an 83-acre campus just miles from Nashville and Franklin and has several features that make it unique. These features include small classes, evidence-based instruction, and individualized learning plans for every student. Additionally, there are strong arts, athletics, and extracurricular activity programs. Currey Ingram is a unique dyslexia boarding school which includes speech-language and academic occupational therapies. Currey Ingram Academy values character education and social coaching and provides personalized college preparation and counseling, as well as parent community and professional education opportunities. Families from 33 states and eight countries cite the school as their primary reason for moving to Middle Tennessee. Learning Difference types supported: Dyslexia, ADHD, Dyscalculia, Executive Function Currey Ingram Academy accreditations: SAIS
- The mission of Currey Ingram Academy is to provide an exemplary K-12 day and 9-12 boarding school program that empowers students with learning differences to achieve their fullest potential. The school delivers on this mission by providing:
- Small classes
- Evidence-based instruction
- Individualized learning plans for every student
- Strong arts, athletics and extracurricular activities
- Speech-language and academic occupational therapies
- Character education and social coaching
- Personalized college preparation and counseling
- Parent, community and professional education opportunities
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, ADHD, Dyscalculia, Executive Function
- Currey Ingram Academy accreditations: SAIS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Currey Ingram Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 850 students 265.8 miles425 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.