Branksome Hall Asia
- Branksome Hall Asia is one of the few boarding schools to provide all three levels of the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) programme: the IB Primary Years Programme; the IB Middle Years Programme; and the IB Diploma Programme.
- Branksome Hall Asia, located on the beautiful island of Jeju, south Korea, is the only international girls school in Korea.
- Founded in 2012, Branksome Hall Asia is the sister school of Branksome Hall Canada, consistently ranked as one of the world's best boarding schools dedicated to teaching, leading and empowering young women for more than 100 years.
- Branksome Hall Asia offers International Merit Scholarships for non-Korean students for both tuition and boarding fees.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Branksome Hall Asia|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 6-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Campus Size||24 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||21|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / May. 30 / rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Barbara Lonczak|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nan Duan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Riding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||81 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Architecture Academy, Astronomy Club, Branksome Inner Peace Club, Bringing Hope Through Art Club, Chess Club, Chinese for Beginners Club, Chinese Peer Helping Academy- Mentees, Council: Admission, Council: Arts, Council: Assembly, Council: Athletics, Council: Clan, Council: Clubs & Services, Council: Digital Life, Council: Junior School, Council: Language Proficiency, Council: Residence, Council: Student Life, Council: Sustainability, Creating Webtoons Club, Creative Coding Club, Diversity Makes Unity Club, Enabling the Future Club: 3D Prosthetic Hands, Environment Protectors & Researchers Club, For MUNA Club, Forget-Me-Nots Academy, French Language Club, GAMES! Club, Japanese for Beginners Club, Korean Series Reading Club, Learning Without Boarders Club, Library Help Club, Model United Nations (MUN) Club, Morning Calm Medal Books Club, Music in Hospitals Academy, N.E.R.D. (Never End Reading Diligently) Club, News from Jeju Chinese online Publication club, Peer Mentor, Platform Post Jeju Academy, Red Cross Youth (RCY) Club, Robotics Academy, Service Project Club, STEM Magazine Pioneer Academy, The Branksome Bell Academy, The Sustainability Garden Club, World Issues Club, Writer's Development Workshop Academy, Yearbook Academy
Arts and Music Programs:
Brass Ensemble Academy, Chamber String Academy, Dance Club, Film production, Intermediate Wind and Strings, Knitting Club, NINJA Obstacle Course Building Club, Paper Shadow Puppet Performance, Photography Club, Spectrum (GSA), String Academy, Symphony Orchestra, Theater Performance and Theater Tech, Top Life Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Badminton Club, Basketball Academy, Basketball Club, Cheerleading Club, Dodgeball and Minor Games Gr 9 -12 Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award- Bronze Medal Club, Equestrian Club, Fencing Club, Floor Hockey, KPOP Fitness Club, Racquet Club, SCUBA Prep Club, Skipping Club, Soccer Club, Taekwondo, Volleyball Club, Walking Club, WS Swimming Academy
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At Branksome Hall Asia, girls aged 3~18 take centre stage as they learn, develop and grow. We nurture the development of global perspectives and leadership through service, which benefits all students as they discover their "Remarkable" and their place as leaders locally, nationally and globally.
- Our distinctive educational journey actively pursues our mission, "To challenge and inspire girls each day to love learning and to shape a better world." This educational journey promises to support each student to discover within themselves a strong voice, to take risks and step outside their comfort zones, and the power to lead lives of curiosity, empowerment, service to others, and personal fulfillment.
- Dedicated to providing exemplary educational programs, our students grow as globally minded learners and leaders prepared for the challenges and opportunities they will meet in a rapidely changing interdependent world.They grow as architects, athletes, debaters, doctors, engineers, historians, lawyers, mathematicians, musicians, researchers, scientists, writers and much more, and often at the same time.
- From JK Prep to Grade 12, our students share their learning and living in a state-of-the-art world-class facility that embodies and encourages our value for intellectual inquiry, collaboration, effective communication, and strength of character, Branksome Hall Asia vibrates with students' energy and warmth.
- The exceptional Branksome Hall Asia faculty fuels this energy. Experts in their field and dedicated to professional growth, their commitment to the highest levels of learning, to ensure each student discovers her unique "Remarkable", is central to our success.
- Our remarkable history transforms into a remarkable future at Branksome Hall Asia. If you strive to reach your intellectual potential, value a well-rounded and rigorous educational experience then Branksome Hall Asia has been created for you. Intellectual rigor, aesthetic appreciation, empowering women and a commitment to service typify the Branksome Hall Asia experience.
- Branksome Hall Asia accreditations: IB PYP, MYP, DP, CIS & WASC in process
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Branksome Hall Asia
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 715 students 5709.9 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
+41 91 960 51 515709.96-12, PG715
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 8-12 | 550 students 5322.2 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4