Taejon Christian International School
77 Yongsan 2-ro, Yuseong Gu
Daejeon 34035, South Korea
Daejeon 34035, South Korea
Taejon Christian International School Photo #2 - On-campus dormitories give students immediate access to all of the activities happening on campus, as well as beautiful views of the surrounding green spaces.
Taejon Christian International School Photo #3 - The TCIS campus sits on the green hills overlooking Techno Valley to the west. To the North, East, and South are views over the Korean fields and orchards, all the way to the mountains. It is a beautiful location for learning, and for experiencing all that the city or nature has to offer.
Taejon Christian International School Photo #4 - International activities conferences create opportunities for collaboration in the arts, as well as bring further opportunities for networking and cultural exchange.
Taejon Christian International School Photo #5 - TCIS offers strong tracks for study in science, math, humanities and arts. Highly-qualified faculty, purpose-built facilities, and rigorous curriculum all contribute to students that are well prepared for study at top universities anywhere in the world.
Taejon Christian International School Photo #6 - International and local conferences provide a variety of opportunities for athletics competition, arts collaboration, travel, and cultural exchange.
TCIS is a rigorous and caring educational community in Daejeon, South Korea. The school and boarding program go hand in hand to provide a sincere holistic experience that develops both competence and character.
Built on solid academic best practices and the intentional building of values for leadership, discernment, peace, service, balance, and a growth mindset, These ideals are nurtured throughout both academic and boarding programs, each supporting the other.
Our students are outstanding products of our mission to "cultivate internationally-minded learners, who lead in purposeful change.".
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Taejon Christian International School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 6-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian|
|Campus Size||9 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||88|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||34 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
“A Gift” Orphanage Support Club, “Ampersand” Literature Writing, “Compassion International” Child Advocacy Club, “Golden Time” Medical Interest Club, “Pen In a Box” Schools Supply Club, “The Golden Dragon” Newspaper Club, Amnesty International Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Eco Green Club, Future Business Leaders of America, GIVE Local Needs Support Club, KaIST/TCIS Outreach Partnership Program, LASA Service Group: Bangalore, LASA Service Group: Boracay, LASA Service Group: Chiangmai, LASA Service Group: Manila, Model United Nations, Peer counseling, Prom Committee, Robotics Club, Science Club, Spiritual Fellowship Club, TEDx Youth@TCIS, UNICEF
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Fall Theatre Production, Film Club, Open Art Club, Spring Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Kendo Club, Tae Kwon Do
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- TCIS is a private, international boarding school in Daejeon, South Korea. Founded in 1958, TCIS has long been known for both its academic excellence and its close-knit community.
- The TCIS campus is located on a hill overlooking the northern neighborhood of Daejeon, known as Techno Valley. The area gets its name from the large number of research and development institutions located in the area. The campus itself is roughly 9 acres and is a beautiful place for study and boarding. We are bordered by an orchard to the South, a golf course to the North, and the mountains can be seen to the East. Overlooking Techno Valley to the west, the TCIS campus is well-situated for quiet learning, as well as the enjoyment of all that nature and a city have to offer.
- TCIS places emphasis on finding each student's strengths and helping them to fulfill their potential. With small class sizes and a faculty-student ratio of 7:1, we offer more personalized education for all.
- We often say that we are not an "exclusive" school, we are an "exceptional" school. We teach a wide range of students, believing that it is possible to meet the needs of many through academic best practices and the intentional building of a collaborative community.
- TCIS delivers the IB to grades K-12. We believe that the holistic rigor of the IB is beneficial for many students, not only a select few, and we find that students rise to great heights of learning. Even with such an inclusive approach to the IB, DP scores are historically well above the world average. The annual pass rate for the Diploma Program at TCIS is consistently at or near 100%, (the TCIS 4-year pass rate is 98% and the 10-year pass rate stands at 95%.)
- Promoting values of peace, love, kindness, unity, and service alongside high academic standards, we like to think that we represent the best of what a Christian learning community can be. Roughly half of our students claim the Christian faith, with the rest coming from other faith backgrounds, or professing no personal faith. All are welcome, and families love the community they find here, inclusively built on common values.
- TCIS holds membership with international and local conferences, which opens many opportunities for a high level of competition and collaboration. It also enriches the cultural opportunities available. Students can compete and collaborate in the following activities at the conference level: Volleyball, Tennis, Cross-country, Basketball, Cheerleading, Soccer, Badminton, Table-tennis, Forensics, Orchestra, Band, Choir, and Theatre.
- Students in grades 9-12 can join more than 30 formalized clubs in the school, and opportunities also exist for informal groups and project-based involvement. There is a good mix on offer in areas of academic, physical, faith-based, service-focused, special-interest, and student-government activities. We hold affiliation with well-known international organizations such as can be found in many American schools (National Honor Society, Junior National Honor Society, Model United Nations, Amnesty International, Red Cross, and others.)
- TCIS offers strong programs of study in science, mathematics, humanities. Students also find robust opportunities for involvement in visual arts, music, and theatre at all grade levels.
- LD types supported: Gifted and talented students / Learning difficulties (with IEP) / Language and communication difficulties / Physical and sensory conditions / Medical conditions, Emotional & mental health issues
- Taejon Christian International School accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jennifer Song - Professional Golfer with the LPGA Tour
- Irene Kim - International fashion designer and model
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Taejon Christian International School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 119 students 6610.6 miles615 East Marquette Woods Road
St. Joseph, MI 49085
- Grades: 6-12| 920 students 224.9 miles234 Global edu-ro, Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si
Jeju-do, South Korea 63644
- Grades: 7-12| 900 students 6653.1 miles10 Elm Avenue
Toronto, Canada m4w 1n4
Use this checklist to keep you on track as you choose a boarding school for your child.
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.