International School Altdorf is a private co-educational day and boarding school located in the German speaking part of central Switzerland 50min from Zurich.
The school offers students between ages 13-19 years old to study from grade 7-12 (MYP 3,4,5), International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBCP), IGCSE exams, TOEFL and IELTS test center and University foundation program.
With outstanding academic results upon high school graduation most of our students enter top 50 universities worldwide.
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12, PG
- Enrollment: 80 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $70,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $40,000
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
International School Altdorf
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Frequency of Saturday Classes
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
Student : Teacher Ratio
Number of IB Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
(Starting fees 50000)
(Starting fees 50000)
(Starting fees 25000)
(Starting fees 25000)
Avg. Financial Aid Grant
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
- International School Altdorf is an inclusive international school welcoming students from all over the world. With nature just around the corner, our school is surrounded by the stunning Swiss Alps and the beautiful Lake Lucerne. Our community is instilled with the feeling of a home not far away from home - academics combined with extra curricular activities and sports is the very foundation of our schools success.
- Our school strives to provide excellence in education and believe that collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking are essential to successfully navigate in a fast-changing world.
- Our school offers the internationally recognized MYP, IBDP, IBCP and University Preparation programs as well as a summer program and classes to prepare for IELTS, TOEFL and SAT exams that can be taken at our certified test centre on our campus.
- International School Altdorf is also pleased to offer scholarships to highly capable students who meet strict academic requirements and demonstrate their future potential. Please note that this is a highly competitive and limited scholarship opportunity. For more information contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- With a strong focus on academics, our students also participate in the European Physics Olympiads and the World Olympic Mathematic Competition. Through outside collaborations with pharmaceutical companies and attending UNWTO meetings, our students also get the chance to apply their academic experience outside of the classrooms.
- At International School Altdorf our experienced and dedicated team of teachers accompany and guide our students on their journey to make the most of both their educational achievements as well as on a personal development level. With the assistance of our professional university guidance counseling team, most of our students are accepted to top 50 universities worldwide upon graduation.
- International School Altdorf accreditations: International Baccalaureate
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does International School Altdorf cost?
International School Altdorf's tuition is approximately $70,000 for boarding students and $40,000 for day students.
What sports does International School Altdorf offer?
International School Altdorf offers 15 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Cycling, Dance, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Swimming, Tennis and Volleyball.
What is International School Altdorf's ranking?
When is the application deadline for International School Altdorf?
The application deadline for International School Altdorf is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Navigating the Modern Maze: Emerging Challenges for Boarding Schools
Explore the pressing challenges facing boarding schools, from marketing difficulties and rising insurance costs to facility maintenance and recruitment of competent trustees and teachers. This article delves into these complex issues and proposes innovative strategies to overcome them.
What To Wear at Your Job Interview
Navigating job interviews can be stressful, but knowing what to wear shouldn't be. Our comprehensive guide covers the essential dress code tips for men and women interviewing at boarding schools. Make your first impression count with style and professionalism.
July 23, 2023Boarding School Pros and Cons: History and Common Misconceptions
We address common misconceptions about boarding schools, shedding light on the actual experiences versus perceived notions. Ideal for parents contemplating this educational choice for their children, the essay provides a balanced perspective on the topic.