International School Altdorf
International School Altdorf is a private co-education day and boarding school.
The school offers students between ages 13-19 to study International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
With outstanding academic results upon high school graduation most of our students enter top 30 universities around the world.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|International School Altdorf|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Maria Helgesson|
- Situated in the central part of Switzerland in the canton of Uri, International School Altdorf welcomes international students from all over the world. With nature just around the corner, our school is surrounded by the stunning Swiss Alps and the beautiful Lake Lucerne. Our school strives to provide excellence in education and believe that collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking are essential to successfully navigate in a fast-changing world. Our school offers the internationally recognized IGCSE, IBDP and University Preparation programs as well as a summer program and classes to prepare for IELTS, TOEFL and SAT exams that our students can take at the certified test centre on our campus. International School Altdorf is also pleased to offer scholarships to highly capable students who meet strict academic requirements and demonstrate their future potential. Please note that this is a highly competitive and limited scholarship opportunity. For more information visit: www.lemaniaaltdorf.chWith a strong focus on academics, our students also participate in the European Physics Olympiads and the World Olympic Mathematic Competition. Through outside collaborations with pharmaceutical companies and attending UNWTO meetings, our students also get the chance to apply their academic experience outside of the classrooms.At International School Altdorf our experienced and dedicated team of teachers accompany and guide our students on their journey to make the most of both their educational achievements as well as on a personal development level. With the assistance of our professional university guidance counsellors, most of our students are accepted to top 30 universities worldwide upon graduation.Academics Cambridge curriculum, IGCSE, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, Foundation Program for University preparationExaminations IGCSE, IBDP, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT
- LD types supported: Yes
- International School Altdorf accreditations: International Baccalaureate
- Submit Review for International School Altdorf
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 715 students 63 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
+41 91 960 51 51636-12, PG715
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
The pandemic has upended our lives in ways we never imagined. Heads of school also have been impacted as they try to plan for the future. Concerns about enrolment, community safety, and the school's finances are just a few of their worries.
May is the month for private school graduations. Boarding school graduation is an especially poignant occasion. Why not mark it with a special gift?
Boarding schools are a subset of private schools which many people don't know much about. Here are five points to ponder as you research boarding schools.