- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12, PG
- Enrollment: 120 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $65,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $28,000
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(90% of students are boarding)
(10% of students are day students)
AP / Advanced Courses
3-D Printing and CAD Design, Chess Club, Choir, Metalworking, Woodworking
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Creative Writing, Dance, Darkroom Photography, Filmmaking, Instrumental Music, Music Instruction, Photography, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bouldering, Hiking, Meditation, Mountain Biking, Yoga
- The Ecole d`Humanit is a college-prep international boarding school in Switzerland for students in grades 8-12 and post-grad.
- The Ecole`s holistic curriculum balances the academic, artistic, and athletic development of its students.
- Small classes of 6-10 cater to the individual needs of students while allowing them the freedom to explore their intellectual interests. 120 students live in charming alpine chalets with a family-like boarding atmosphere, supported by 45 pedagogical staff.
- An extensive outdoor program focusing on alpine sports skiing, snowboarding, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, and more is a core pillar of the curriculum. The outdoor program teaches grit, tenacity, teamwork, and an appreciation for the natural world.
- The Ecole d`Humanit boasts a rich arts curriculum with academic classes in dance, theater, fine arts, photography, documentary filmmaking, music, and more.
- An emphasis on community service, co-responsibility, and democratic processes develop confidence, consciousness, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Small multi-age and gender-inclusive boarding groups of 6-12 students live in cozy alpine chalets that dot our campus. Boarding groups are supervised by 2-3 members of our pedagogical staff.
- The Ecole d`Humanit welcomes new students with rolling admissions throughout the year.
- Recent university acceptances include: Bard College, Berklee College of Music, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of British Columbia, Bryn Mawr, Bard, Sarah Lawrence, Mount Holyoke, Purdue University, The New School, University of the Arts, London, University of Edinburgh, University of Leeds, Royal Holloway University, Exeter University
- Inquiries for the American curriculum program should be directed to June Vinhateiro, our Director of Admissions. The U.S. phone number is +1.401.996.8682 and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The school's phone number in Switzerland is +41.33.972.9292.
- Ecole d'Humanité accreditations: Our school program is accredited by Cognia.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Hans ZImmer - Film score composer
- Sarah Gorham - Renowned writer and publisher
- Leda Luss Luyken - Artist
- Stephan Eicher - Singer
- Giorgio Gomelsky - Filmmaker and music producer
- Luca Giuliani - Professor of Archeology
- Rajiv Gandhi - Former Prime Minster of India
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ecole d'Humanité cost?
Ecole d'Humanité's tuition is approximately $65,000 for boarding students and $28,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Ecole d'Humanité?
The acceptance rate of Ecole d'Humanité is 75%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Ecole d'Humanité?
Ecole d'Humanité famous alumni include: Hans ZImmer, Sarah Gorham, Leda Luss Luyken, Stephan Eicher, Giorgio Gomelsky, Luca Giuliani and Rajiv Gandhi.
What sports does Ecole d'Humanité offer?
Ecole d'Humanité offers 15 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Freestyle Skiing, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming and Ultimate Frisbee.
What is Ecole d'Humanité's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Ecole d'Humanité?
The application deadline for Ecole d'Humanité is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).