Leysin American School in Switzerland (LAS)
- "Developing innovative, compassionate and responsible citizens of the world"- Located in picturesque Leysin, facing the panorama of the Southern Alps, LAS has both a strong academic ethos and an inspirational setting! The school combines an American educational philosophy with the rigor of a European educational system.
- The first American boarding school in Switzerland to offer the International Baccalaureate diploma we offer a comprehensive US university preparatory curriculum with courses in all major subjects from Grades 7 - 12.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Leysin American School in Switzerland (LAS)|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1070|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||28|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Christoph Ott|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cycling, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||19 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Ambassadors Club, Floor Hockey, Guitar Club, Habitat for Humanity, Hiking Club, Horseback Riding, Juggling, MUN, National Honor Society, Open Mic, Rock Climbing, Skateboarding, Squash, StuCo, Tour du Lac, Unicycling, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Yearbook|
- Located in Leysin, facing the panorama of the Southern Alps, LAS has both a strong academic ethos and an inspirational setting!
- An American educational philosophy with the rigor of a European educational system
- The first American boarding school in Switzerland to offer the International Baccalaureate diploma
- A comprehensive US university preparatory curriculum with courses in all major subjects.
- For non-native English speakers, integrated English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) program promotes academic and linguistic growth through intensive work in reading, writing, listening comprehension and conversational English
- Strong relations between parents, students and ourselves utilize internet-based systems for detailed information about their child`s education
- Extra-curricular program with exciting recreational activities, extensive cultural travel and fine art courses Boarding community provides a stable, caring and supportive family-like environment
- Faculty members live in dormitories with student-centered education, where close relationships lead to each student achieving his or her potential
- Three full time professional college counselors
- Professional SAT and TOEFL Preparatory Courses
- 100% of our graduates continue education at colleges and universities
- 68% of our graduates have enrolled in the top 100 universities (Barron`s Guide).
- Summer camps called Summer in Switzerland (SIS), an educational and recreational program for young people ages 8 - 18
- Winter Camp starting in January 2012.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- Leysin American School in Switzerland (LAS) accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Submit Review for Leysin American School in Switzerland (LAS)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 10-12, PG | 60 students 462.4 milesvia Cavour 13
Lanciano (CH), Italy 66034
Learn about the Post-Graduate(PG) Year, and how it can benefit certain students.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.