The Worthgate School
Since 1952 we have been committed to creating a safe, inclusive and supportive environment where students are empowered to be socially responsible and well-rounded individuals.
Our researched based teaching and learning approach works by identifying the individual’s academic needs and aspirations, providing them with a stimulating and modern immersive education environment which allows them to reach their full potential.
We place great emphasis on regular training for our teachers, meaning we teach our students with the latest techniques, ensuring they receive an enhanced learning experience in and out of the classroom.
All lessons and school life are conducted in English, allowing every student to master the language in both academic and social settings.
Our immersive education style nurtures every student to build knowledge, become resilient and achieve the best outcomes in life.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2022 School Data
The Worthgate School
Supports Learning Differences (LD)
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Merit Scholarships Offered
- Our programme range has been developed to give our students opportunities that suit their individual needs and aspirations. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, we are recognised for our commitment to providing an all-round education that encourages students to thrive in our connected world. The prestigious IB qualification is highly popular with top-ranking universities looking to offer places to the brightest candidates and we are ranked 6th for the IB in UK small cohort schools*. We offer a wide range of A Level and GCSE courses that provide students with a traditional UK route to university and are proud to be the pioneers of the University Foundation Programme, a modern qualification that offers international students an alternative bridge to top UK universities. All of our programmes embody our core value of offering a well-rounded education that inspires our students to become empowered and achieve the best outcomes in life.We recognise the importance of a student achieving their university goal. However, we do not only view success by a list of rankings and league tables, but also by helping our students find the right university for them. Our in-house careers counsellor and higher education team are dedicated to securing the very best university places for our students. We also partner with over 40+ universities, providing students access to resources and university staff members throughout their university application process. Our approach to working with each student as an individual, inspiring and empowering them to achieve success, sees over 20% of our students go to global top 100 universities.
- The Worthgate School accreditations: Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) Independent Schools Association (ISA) The Boarding Schools’ Association (BSA)
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for The Worthgate School?
The application deadline for The Worthgate School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Preventing Teen Suicide
Teen suicide is the 3rd largest killer of young adults between the ages of 15-24. You and I can prevent it.
The Boarding School Application Process
Applying to boarding school requires completing a sheaf of forms. We look at how to accomplish this important task.
5 Common Myths About Military Schools
Military schools seem to go in and out of favor with the general public. Perhaps that has to do with some rather common misconceptions about what military schools are and how they operate. Let's take a look.