The Academy at SOAR
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12
- Enrollment: 32 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $54,000
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
- Our mission is to provide an alternative learning environment and differentiated instruction that nurtures self-discovery and independent inquisition. Many students have experienced difficulty in the traditional academic settings, stemming from a variety of factors including, but not limited to, ADHD, LD, negative feedback from peers and teachers, inability to self-advocate, peer influences, and poor academic performance. Beyond providing content instruction in each course, the Academy at SOAR seeks to modify the student`s perception of him or herself as a student, allowing them to become aware of their unique strengths, abilities, and challenges, along with techniques to overcome academic hurdles. This mission is carried out by providing differentiated instruction based on the needs of each student. Flexibility in instructional methods and course-work offerings is necessary to meet the needs of each student. Though traditional instruction is used at times during classroom days, the Academy at SOAR seeks to implement multi-sensory and individualized methods whenever possible to make learning experiences more relevant and meaningful.
- LD types supported: ADHD, Dyslexia, Aspergers, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia
- The Academy at SOAR accreditations: COGNIA, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Small Boarding School Association (SBSA)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Academy at SOAR cost?
The Academy at SOAR's tuition is approximately $54,000 for boarding students.
What sports does The Academy at SOAR offer?
The Academy at SOAR offers 4 interscholastic sports: Climbing, Kayaking, Mountaineering and Rock Climbing.
What is The Academy at SOAR's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Academy at SOAR?
The application deadline for The Academy at SOAR is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).