The International School of MN
Visual arts is a big program here at ISM. From general art classes to AP Studio Art, students really get a chance to be creative!
- Welcome to The International School of Minnesota (ISM), a diverse and inclusive international learning environment that offers students a superior college-prep education.As a proud member of the SABIS School Network, we have the support of a global network of schools in 16 countries and over 130 years of experience behind us.
- We enroll year-around for our domestic and international students from preschool through grade 12.
- Our brand new state-of-the art boarding facility has space for 32 students (grades 9-12) with two types of room choices. Boarding is a separate cost from tuition.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|The International||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||55 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||340 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1917||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform required, except for 12th grade students)
|Teacher : Student Ratio||10:1||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||19||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(Quad Room: $18,000 / Single Room: $23,500)
(Tuition varies depending on grade - year:Preschool/Prekindergarten (half day) $12,550 Preschool/Prekindergarten (full day) $17,950 Kindergarten-Grade 5 $19,050 Grades 6-8 $20,250 Grade 9 $21,350 Grades 10-12 $20,450 *books billed separately Grad)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Joelle Charbel|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||19||17|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese Language & Culture, Computer Science A, English Language & Literature, English Literature & Composition, European History, French Language & Culture, Government & Politics (U.S.), Human Geography, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art (Drawing)|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9||14|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||6||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Destination Imagination, Math League, Robotics
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Swimming (Foxjets), Husky Snow Clu
- Our students come from the local community and around the world and share a variety of interests and global perspectives. They are talented, motivated and actively involved in their school community through academics, activities, athletics, and our Student Life Organization.
- International students typically require a U.S. F-1 student visa to attend school here. Official English tests may be required for admission (depending on grade) as we have an English language learner program.
- SLO is a remarkable program that gives students hands-on opportunities to learn real-life experiences and leadership skills. Together, ISM students thrive in an environment in which a love of learning, mutual respect, and commitment to cooperation transcend differences.
- Nestled in a beautiful, wooded area in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, our 55-acre campus provides a safe home-away-from-home where students can grow and learn. There`s a special sense of belonging at ISM that you can feel as soon as you arrive.We invite you to learn more about ISM by browsing our site. We welcome everyone interested in our programs and community to visit our beautiful campus.
- To schedule a visit, please call or email us!
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD
- School accreditations: Accreditation International, National Council for Private School Accreditation, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and Middle States Association -Commissions on Elementary & Secondary Education
- Submit Review for The International School of MN
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 250 students 56.8 miles315 South Grove Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060
- Grades: 6-12 | 500 students 17.9 miles1200 Oakdale Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55118
- Grades: 9-12 | 800 students 1024.6 miles582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
- Grades: 7-12| 437 students 728.5 miles60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.