The International School of MN
The International School of MN Photo #4 - Showchoir performance at the school. One of our many performing arts opportunities for our students!
The International School of MN Photo #5 - ISM students socializing in a common area of the boarding hall.
The International School of MN Photo #8 - Science is an important part of the high school curriculum at ISM.
The International School of MN Photo #9 - Aerial overview of ISM Campus! We have a 55-acre campus with a new boarding hall with space for 32 students.
- Welcome to The International School of Minnesota (ISM), a diverse and inclusive international learning environment that offers students a superior college-prep education. As a proud member of the SABIS School Network, we have the support of a global network of schools in 20 countries and over 130 years of experience behind us.
- We enroll year-around for our domestic and international students from preschool through grade 12.
- Our new state-of-the art boarding facility has space for 32 students (grades 9-12) with two types of room choices. Boarding is a separate cost from tuition.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|The International||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||55 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||320 students||315 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1360||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform required, except for 12th grade students)
|Teacher : Student Ratio||10:1||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Quad Room: $19,500 / Single Room: $25,000)
(Tuition varies depending on grade - year:Preschool -Grade 8 (see website) as boarding is for 9-12th grade students typically. Grade 9 $21,850 Grades 10-12 $21,000* *texbooks billed separately )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Joelle Charbel|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese Language & Culture, Computer Science A, English Language & Literature, English Literature & Composition, European History, French Language & Culture, Government & Politics (U.S.), Human Geography, Music Theory, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art (Drawing)|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||15|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||5||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Justice League, Math League
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Swimming (Foxjets), Urban Connection (dance)
- Our students come from the local community and around the world and share a variety of interests and global perspectives. They are talented, motivated and actively involved in their school community through academics, activities, athletics, and our Student Life Organization.
- International students typically require a U.S. F-1 student visa to attend school here. Official English tests may be required for admission (depending on grade) as we have an English language learner program.
- SLO is a remarkable program that gives students hands-on opportunities to learn real-life experiences and leadership skills. Together, ISM students thrive in an environment in which a love of learning, mutual respect, and commitment to cooperation transcend differences.
- Nestled in a beautiful, wooded area in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, our 55-acre campus provides a safe home-away-from-home where students can grow and learn. There`s a special sense of belonging at ISM that you can feel as soon as you arrive.We invite you to learn more about ISM by browsing our site. We welcome everyone interested in our programs and community to visit our beautiful campus.
- To schedule a visit, please call or email us!
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD
- The International School of MN accreditations: Accreditation International, National Council for Private School Accreditation, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and Middle States Association -Commissions on Elementary & Secondary Education
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for The International School of MN
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 50 students 56.8 miles315 South Grove Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060
- Grades: 9-12 | 670 students 1024.5 miles582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
- Grades: 6-12 | 500 students 17.9 miles1200 Oakdale Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55118
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 1500.6 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
Learn why more and more students are choosing to do a gap or post graduate (PG) year at boarding school.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.